1ppv4.1.0 release - Download & discussion

are you excited looking like fool 500 release candidates

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#21 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Omg. Thank you, Erephine. these updates look... OH SO PROMISING.
Thank you so much :Bow: :Bow:

Edit.: Gonna look at the readme right now. I'm sure I'll be drooling all over my keyboard.If my keys get sticky, I'll blame YOU :Tasty: :shifty:
Edit2.: Woah. Good job on the documentation. It's perfect.

Edited by Aranthys, 06 August 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#22 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

I...
simply...
just...

Astonishing... Absolutely astonishing...

(And probably the single best/most visually appealing readme I've ever read :D .)

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#23 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

(And probably the single best/most visually appealing readme I've ever read :D .)

+1000.

#24 Viktor

Viktor
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

You are the Queen of the pixel. :)

Your name (and also Asc64 for the features of TobEx) must be put in the credits of BGEE.

#25 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

It doesn't get installed on a plain bgt game unfortunately.

<error: unix_error(20, "stat", "1pp/v2_copy/cdc1inv.bam")

Also it doesn't find the readme at the very begin of the install ...

Seems like something is wrong on your end if it can't find the readme. Are you sure you extracted everything correctly?

187,447 KB of package ... dunnow ... still same issue here ... :( (no readme error by the way now).

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#26 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

187,447 KB of package ... dunnow ... still same issue here ... :( (no readme error by the way now).

Using my jedi mind powers I would suggest you have an old copy of 1pp (2.7 perhaps) in your game directory you haven't removed.

崇高滑稽
·

#27 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Strange indeed...may be u're right mate, i tried now on a fresh simple bg2 copy and it works :)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#28 Victor Zafiro

Victor Zafiro
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Drop dead gorgeous!

#29 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Stunning work - as usual!! :D

-Y-

#30 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

the time dial doesn't fit properly in resolution higher than 800x600
1024x768, for instance:
Posted ImageBTW, Well done and thank you for your effort.
PS: Is it possible to adjustment this issue?

Edited by parysm, 07 August 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#31 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Did you install the mod after of before widescreen ?

#32 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

I didn't install widescreen mod at all.
i changed the Resolution Settings via BGConfig.exe only.
I attached my weidu log.
Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Attached Files

Edited by parysm, 07 August 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#33 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Looking at the readme... my god. the improved alpha blending is amazing. the spell effects look like they came from a modern game! Please, don't take the following questions the wrong way though, I'm just a tweaker and am curious about several things:
  • When installing your UI updates, are the font modifications (uppercase -> lower, size, coloring, etc) handled independently in the weidu script? i.e., could I comment out the changes to the font while using the rest of your graphic UI adjustments
  • I'm a little confused about the shields. Is it possible to select new shield animations, a mix of BG1 and BG2 shields without the new 'smooth' shields you've drawn (i.e. the kite-like shields)?
  • The spell scroll standarization- I understand the icon reflectivity / luminescence changes, but why standardize the scroll orientation itself? Same for weapon icon orientation (all swords now NW-SE facing).
Thanks again for this, I can't wait to see it implemented in BGEE. Are you at liberty to say which components will be integrated?

#34 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Staring at the topic, reading it with my jaw hanging open.
This Is AWESOME!

No... You Are, Erephine :) Thank you!

Edited by Zyraen, 07 August 2012 - 08:33 AM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#35 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Looking at the readme... my god. the improved alpha blending is amazing. the spell effects look like they came from a modern game! Please, don't take the following questions the wrong way though, I'm just a tweaker and am curious about several things:

• When installing your UI updates, are the font modifications (uppercase -> lower, size, coloring, etc) handled independently in the weidu script? i.e., could I comment out the changes to the font while using the rest of your graphic UI adjustments
  • I'm a little confused about the shields. Is it possible to select new shield animations, a mix of BG1 and BG2 shields without the new 'smooth' shields you've drawn (i.e. the kite-like shields)?
  • The spell scroll standarization- I understand the icon reflectivity / luminescence changes, but why standardize the scroll orientation itself? Same for weapon icon orientation (all swords now NW-SE facing).
Thanks again for this, I can't wait to see it implemented in BGEE. Are you at liberty to say which components will be integrated?

• No need to comment out anything, when installing you will be prompted whether to
    a) install font updates at all (heading font/updated stone font to better match the interface
    b) install the mixed case stone font replacing some of the original all-caps stone font
    You can simply say 'no' to any of these if you prefer.
  • No, you can't customise on a shield by shield basis. Your options are either BGII style shields, BGI style shields, or 1pp shields (mixed depending on whether additional shield animations are installed or not). If you don't like the new shield animations, not installing that component might work?
  • Because that was how it's always been in Baldur's Gate, until ToB came along. For the spells, I don't know. Looked odd to me to have all BGII ones flipped left compared to the BGI ones. It does not match with the perspective in other items, either.

the time dial doesn't fit properly in resolution higher than 800x600
1024x768, for instance:
BTW, Well done and thank you for your effort.
PS: Is it possible to adjustment this issue?

Seems like a bug. I test in 800x600, so it's entirely possible I broke other resolutions at some point without noticing. Will check (& fix) :)

Yes. 'twas a typo (70 rather than 700 for one position). Try if putting this in your override fixes it

Attached File  GUIW10.rar   1.82K   528 downloads

Edited by Erephine, 07 August 2012 - 11:14 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#36 parysm

parysm
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

Thank you Erephine! It does work perfectly :)

#37 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Okay, added to RC2, which should be up as soon as K'ae has the opportunity to upload it to the site.

崇高滑稽
·

#38 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

And it should be live :)

崇高滑稽
·

#39 Alketas

Alketas
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Good Morning!
This is a welcome addition to the game graphics, indeed. Well done and thank you very much!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to install the component "Unique Thief Avatars". The Weidu installer first says "ToB found (v26498)" and then "Error: the value we are trying to replace at offset 0x4595C9 (249) does not match what was expected (14). Stopping installation." and some more lines like this one.

I don't know the reason as I was able to install the mod's other components without trouble. The Weidu-Log is partly in German, but as I haven't installed many mods and those I have should be well-known, I hope it is of help (well, for me, it is not...). I'd be grateful if you could help me!

Attached Files

#40 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Good Morning!
This is a welcome addition to the game graphics, indeed. Well done and thank you very much!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to install the component "Unique Thief Avatars". The Weidu installer first says "ToB found (v26498)" and then "Error: the value we are trying to replace at offset 0x4595C9 (249) does not match what was expected (14). Stopping installation." and some more lines like this one.

I don't know the reason as I was able to install the mod's other components without trouble. The Weidu-Log is partly in German, but as I haven't installed many mods and those I have should be well-known, I hope it is of help (well, for me, it is not...). I'd be grateful if you could help me!

From your log, my guess would be it interferes with IA being installed beforehand, causing the verification to fail.

Can anyone who has both IA and Thieves Galore/unique thief avatars installed confirm their install order/if they ran into any issues?

崇高滑稽
·

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates