206 replies to this topic

#61 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Done. From the v3029 changelog:

v0.3029 Yet another hotfix, that slippery line of TRA text in the tp2 file evaded TWO saves

Unbelievable, but there it is...think I got it this time.

So, I should add a step after CP conversion. Open in Notepad++, and re-encode file to no BOM? Ok, will do for the next version. I haven't heard any feedback from others on the other languages yet. Do you think this could help Russian out, or will the special Cryllic characters present a problem? I'll try it out for next version, can't be any worse than it already is....and English is just a reinstall away and working I suppose. Or, maybe we can get prowler to test it out for us.

#62 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Thank you very much for the very quick fix, Horred.

I don't think the BOM comes from Cp Converter. At least I checked my previous conversions of the French and Russian files, and they don't have the BOM. As I wrote, I have no idea how they came in.
From what I've seen, I'd say the only way would to check the file with notepad++ after conversion to see if it considers it as UTF-8 (without BOM) encoding, otherwise you need to convert to that encoding.

Regarding Russian, as I said, I checked and it was without BOM. So I don't believe this is the issue with Russian not appearing in game.

I checked several BAM files in BGEE. Those that were typically modified by mods providing bigger fonts are still present and contain the same character set as in BG II. So they look like using the Windows-1252 encoding. However, when using the BAM files from bigger font mods, they don't have any effect in BGEE. So there may be a new way to handle fonts that either don't rely on BAM files or use different ones.

I assume the polish version of BGEE works properly with the specific characters. However, since there is no polish translation for BPSeries, it will be more difficult to get a feedback here.

#63 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

....and the string of hotfixes rolls on. I updated to v0.3030. This is to address the problem with flags on weapons that my "fix" component added (it was a "break me" component instead). Anyways, I removed my feeble code attempt at setting the magical flag, and just left the enchantment bonus fix in. Things look fine in DLTCEP now (except for the missing Magical flags). Bottom line, they should at least hit paydirt. I think the magical flag only applies to mage spells, but I could be mistaken...too tired to test it right now, off to bed I go. :zzz:

#64 Rigowen

Rigowen
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I installed v0.3026 and after doing so noticed that I cannot equip and/or move/remove Rashad's Talon +2. Same thing goes for the Wakizashi +1. I had a backup of my installation and after reverting I was able to interact with those two weapons again.

I looked at the altered files, and I can't see any "file reason" for this to happen. The usability flags were untouched. What class of PC do you have, and do you have any other mods installed besides BPSeries?

I do not have any other mods installed. The class of my PC is a pure mage. Thing is that I uninstalled the BP Series stuff moved the weapons over to Rasaad (they were on my PC) and then reinstalled (at that time .3027) with the same results. Each time I try to click on the weapon it gives me a message that "the item cannot be removed".

#65 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Please reinstall to v0.3030 then. This was specifically addressed in that version, and the blades you mentioned were manually inspected in an editor after install.

#66 Rigowen

Rigowen
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Please reinstall to v0.3030 then. This was specifically addressed in that version, and the blades you mentioned were manually inspected in an editor after install.

Yeah, sorry about the late post. I just read the thread on the Baldur's forums where you addressed this with another poster. I will install .3030 tonight and take it for a whirl.

Thanks for the responses.

#67 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Updated Russian.

by arcanecoast.ru

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#68 meepichi

meepichi
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

The read me said the latest version works with BG2 but I'm getting a crash as soon as I apply the script.  Is there something I need other than this file?

update: The innate_fix file seems to have fixed it.:)

Edited by meepichi, 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#69 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

The read me said the latest version works with BG2 but I'm getting a crash as soon as I apply the script.  Is there something I need other than this file?

update: The innate_fix file seems to have fixed it. :)

Good to hear, glad you found it. I'll get a new version posted w/in the next day or 2, w/ new innate fix code included.

#70 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Uploaded is v 0.3032, with the innate spell fixing code included. This is in response to a lot of crash reports from both the BG2/BWP (original) version of this mod, and the new version when played in BG2. Everything should be in order now, game on. :)

#71 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

So Russian translation is not updated?

Edited by horred the plague, 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#72 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sorry, I forgot. It's been a busy last few days.....I'll get it next time. :(

(lol, so busy I editted in your post instead of replying fresh below it :clap:  :clown: )

P.S: Definitely sometime this weekend

#73 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

v0.3033 Finally updated w/ new Russian text (for BG2)

#74 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I get the file "BPSeries_v03032.zip" when I click download. Is it the updated version despite the name?

#75 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

I get the file "BPSeries_v03032.zip" when I click download. Is it the updated version despite the name?

Odd, for some reason it didn't go through the first time. Thanks for pointing it out. I got it uploaded now, download-click-confirmed. :)

#76 -DarKelP-

-DarKelP-

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wow, this mod is really AWESOME. I love it. Thanks!  :clap:

I have a problem, when I use short duration buff my sorcerers start to cast blur with no stop.

#77 -DarKelP-

-DarKelP-

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Wow, this mod is really AWESOME. I love it. Thanks!  :clap:

I have a problem, when I use short duration buff my sorcerers start to cast blur with no stop.

I forgot it, I have BG:EE 1.0.2012

#78 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the compliment!

Which script? BP-Mage (IMO best choice for single-class sorceror), something else, or several caster scripts? (The latter is quite possible, as blocks of code are copy/pasted back & forth during dev).

Should be an easy fix; offhand I'd guess a line or 2 of code were left out or accidentally deleted from the Blur casting blocks.

#79 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I found the issue, in every mage-cast file. Just a missing STATE_BLUR check, as I had wagered. I've got that fixed, as well as a change in the conditions for casting sleep and color spray (as per a thread I addressed in  BP Series cousin-set, the e-series, earlier today). I saw from the new .2012 update notes that the enchantment sludge-fix is no longer required, so I'll get that removed. Let me give it another couple days, see if any new-update problems arise. Barring issues, I'll release a new version this weekend (-ish).

#80 -DarKelP-

-DarKelP-

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yes, BP-Mage script. Thanks for the fix! I have also noticed that if there is a NPC near, the haste spell is casted on him repeatedly.

I uploaded some videos to youtube.

I am experimenting with a six sorcerers group in the Black Pits. But they are attacking with a quarterstaff or sling instead of casting a spell or casting Melf's Minute Meteors again (a very powerful spell) for using the strategy "cast and attack".

They also cast spells against mages protected with minor globe of invulnerability (protection from level 1-3 spells), I don't known if this happens with other protections as shield (immunity to Magic Missiles). The result is "spell ineffective"

This is a video of the Black Pits, tenth battle.

And this is the same battle with the IA deactivated (I am playing :P ) for comparing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzNaxmGQb8