• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#81 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

OK, haste  is probably the same thing as Blur was. As for the castigng = attack, it's probably something in the Threat Level detection. It was set up years ago for BG2, and probably needs some tweaking to work properly for BG1. Then again, it always was a bit conservative on spells. Personally I'd rather have that than casting Dragon's Breath on a couple of giant rats (wasteful indiscriminate casting) -- but I'll see if some tweaks would do it justice or not. Mod release may be after the weekend as a result...

#82 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Haste, Improved Haste, and Ranger Kit Haste were all addressed for both BGEE and BG2. It was a slightly different issue, but similar and fixed easily enough.

For the "problems" with sorcerors and attacking over casting---I'm still in debate. A sorceror might be better off w/ a different script. Mage spell resouces are more limited, and they should be a bit more reluctant to sling off their spell cache. Sorcerors on the other hand can cast a lot more spells than a mage, even make choices "midstream" (no rest--memorization//lockdown). They should be somewhat more willing to cast away. Nothing drastic though.

The case of "a party of sorcerors" is an extreme example, and hard to build a mainstream script set around. Ideally they would be casting in conjunction and complimentary to each other---but two major holdups to this. 1) IE scripting could only handle this to a very lesser degree w/o taking on a "cutscene-style" battle approach. 2) to set up the scripts for a party of sorcerors would be too customized to benefit most other party lineups.

But, I'll see what can be done. BG1 doesn't have demi-liches, dragons, major demons, and other things considered a "level 4" threat in the BG2 (level 0 = no threat/enemies--> level 4 = severe threat). A 10-HP/1+1 HD orc could be considered a major threat to a lvl 1 scrub-ling, in theory. So, stands to reason some changes might be beneficial. As long as I can do it in a manner that doesn't become overbearing to performance, I'm all for the increased accuracy.

#83 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Haste, Improved Haste, and Ranger Kit Haste were all addressed for both BGEE and BG2. It was a slightly different issue, but similar and fixed easily enough.

For the "problems" with sorcerors and attacking over casting---I'm still in debate. A sorceror might be better off w/ a different script. Mage spell resouces are more limited, and they should be a bit more reluctant to sling off their spell cache. Sorcerors on the other hand can cast a lot more spells than a mage, even make choices "midstream" (no rest--memorization//lockdown). They should be somewhat more willing to cast away. Nothing drastic though.

The case of "a party of sorcerors" is an extreme example, and hard to build a mainstream script set around. Ideally they would be casting in conjunction and complimentary to each other---but two major holdups to this. 1) IE scripting could only handle this to a very lesser degree w/o taking on a "cutscene-style" battle approach. 2) to set up the scripts for a party of sorcerors would be too customized to benefit most other party lineups.

But, I'll see what can be done. BG1 doesn't have demi-liches, dragons, major demons, and other things considered a "level 4" threat in the BG2 (level 0 = no threat/enemies--> level 4 = severe threat). A 10-HP/1+1 HD orc could be considered a major threat to a lvl 1 scrub-ling, in theory. So, stands to reason some changes might be beneficial. As long as I can do it in a manner that doesn't become overbearing to performance, I'm all for the increased accuracy.

#84 -DarKelP-

-DarKelP-

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

A sorceror might be better off w/ a different script

Yeah, that would be great. And a perfect scritp for the new secret stuff in patch 1.0.2012

Spoiler

As you say a sorcerer can cast many spells. A level 20 Mage casts 37 spells/day but a level 20 sorcerer can cast up to 54 spells/day (with HLA and items the number is increased). A sorcerer with a good spell selection is always prepared for any battle.

A party of sorcerors is extreme, I was only experimenting. But maybe a little sync would be a good thing in a group with two arcane members, for example: Greater Malison + Slow, emotion, Chaos, Simbol Stun...

A question: I imagine that a simulacrum is impossible to manage with a script, isn't it? This would be awesome.

An annoying thing I have noticed in the game is when my mage/sorcerer casts Melf's Minute Meteors, he doesn't remember the melee/missile state and he always goes for melee instead of using the sling (safer and with better TAC0). This is a game bug. I don't know if it is possible for this mod to fix it.

Good idea to adjust the level threat for BG1, maybe it could be depending on the level of our group.

Sorry if my english isn't the best.Thanks very much.

#85 -Ben-

-Ben-

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post his, so apologies if it's not. I'm running into some strange (hilarious) behavior with the BPFT-TH script on a Thief (Bounty Hunter) in BG:EE. Occasionally, while in a tavern or inn after a NPC dialog ends that was initiated using a different character, he will decide some seemingly random (I haven't noticed a pattern) commoner needs to be backstabbed. He's not chaotic evil, so he really has no excuse :). It's happened 3 or 4 times now. The most recent was after talking to Volo for the first time in Nashkel.

Let me know if you need more details and I can try to get them for you. If I notice anything else that seems relevant with the behavior I'll post again.

Anyway, thanks for the scripts. They seem to be working well minus that.

#86 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post his, so apologies if it's not. I'm running into some strange (hilarious) behavior with the BPFT-TH script on a Thief (Bounty Hunter) in BG:EE. Occasionally, while in a tavern or inn after a NPC dialog ends that was initiated using a different character, he will decide some seemingly random (I haven't noticed a pattern) commoner needs to be backstabbed. He's not chaotic evil, so he really has no excuse :). It's happened 3 or 4 times now. The most recent was after talking to Volo for the first time in Nashkel.

Let me know if you need more details and I can try to get them for you. If I notice anything else that seems relevant with the behavior I'll post again.

Thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot in making these scripts better/more bug-free, as it tells me where to direct my attentions.

I've been battling this issue for quite some time. I'm pretty sure it's something dumb in the targetting, but it still evades me. Is it still happening in the latest version? I hadn't seen it happen in a while, so though I had it beaten.

For me, it was hapening when exitting a convo with a different NPC. I had a good test environment going in the temple of umberlee, and beat the problem in that place. Thus, thought it was maybe solved...

#87 -Ben-

-Ben-

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot in making these scripts better/more bug-free, as it tells me where to direct my attentions.

I've been battling this issue for quite some time. I'm pretty sure it's something dumb in the targetting, but it still evades me. Is it still happening in the latest version? I hadn't seen it happen in a while, so though I had it beaten.

For me, it was hapening when exitting a convo with a different NPC. I had a good test environment going in the temple of umberlee, and beat the problem in that place. Thus, thought it was maybe solved...

I'm using version 0.3033, which looks to be the latest. If I can get it to happen consistently with someone I'll post it.

#88 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I've got a new version posted: 0.3034. Included are fixes for the looping buff spells, a (tentative, possible) fix for the weird backstabbing behavior, adjustments to threat assessment for lower level parties (under 7th, inc dual/multiclass support) and removal of the weapon enchantment fix (the latest BGEE fixed it). Please let me know how it goes for everybody; thanks for the reports.

#89 -Ben-

-Ben-

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm using version 0.3033, which looks to be the latest. If I can get it to happen consistently with someone I'll post it.

So my thief has broadened his streaks of lunacy to barn yard animals. I was in the area N of the Friendly Arm Inn, on my way to the farmer from the Ankheg pit. The horse was the last thing that came into view before initiating the conversation with the farmer. When I exited the conversation, thief attacked the horse. It wasn't a backstab, at least I didn't get the extra damage message (and you can backstab it, I tested it afterwards). I tried a couple times, but wasn't able to get it to happen again. Anyway, thought the fact that he attacked an animal was interesting and that it doesn't seem limited to only backstabs. Seems like it has something to do with the most recent creature he's seen.

#90 -Ben-

-Ben-

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've got a new version posted: 0.3034. Included are fixes for the looping buff spells, a (tentative, possible) fix for the weird backstabbing behavior, adjustments to threat assessment for lower level parties (under 7th, inc dual/multiclass support) and removal of the weapon enchantment fix (the latest BGEE fixed it). Please let me know how it goes for everybody; thanks for the reports.

Ah, I hadn't refreshed the thread before posting my last update. I will try the new version, I was using 0.3033 for the horse killing incident (again, wasn't a backstab that time)

#91 -Ben-

-Ben-

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Using 0.3034 now. Seems the BPFT-TH is still acting up for me. He actually attacked on of my party members I had just dropped from the group to pick up another. Again after a conversation ended, and again with only a normal attack this time.

#92 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Using 0.3034 now. Seems the BPFT-TH is still acting up for me. He actually attacked on of my party members I had just dropped from the group to pick up another. Again after a conversation ended, and again with only a normal attack this time.

Then it must be as I earlier expected. Something in a conversation ending file is somehow triggering a hostile action at some depth of engine level. Obviously not intended, but evidence suggests it's there nonetheless. My last blocks of sight detection before the backstabbing are for LastAttacker(Myself) and LastHitter(Myself). Somehow ending a conversation is being counted as an "attack." It's the only logical conclusion...

This falls in line w/ a subnote in IEDSP, regarding the CombatCounter() trigger:

CombatCounter can give false results after dialog has been completed or after a Hide in Shadows check has been failed.

FIX: For this LastAttacker() (probably not LastHitter), we're also going to have to add a check to see if any party member is in conversation. Weird as that sounds, I have a feeling this will cure the blues (funny as this bug can be at times--some of my rogue's sneak-kills were classically very well-timed). However, our options for detecting dialog state in IE are quite limited.

Something like this:

IF
    AttackedBy([ANYTHING],DEFAULT)
    !InParty(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
    OR(3) 
        !StateCheck(LastAttackerOf(Myself),0x00400010) // This means invisible or improved invisibility (inc stealth)
        CheckStatGT(Myself,0,SEEINVISIBLE)
        CheckStatGT(Myself,0,118) // This detects True Sight or equivalent

!StateCheck(LastAttackerOf(Myself),STATE_CHARMED) // Only a charmed friend would be attacking us

!Class(LastAttackerOf(Myself),INNOCENT) // Typically, a commoner or other "non-combatant"

!IsGabber(Player1) // IEDSP claims this handles Active Speaker,
    !IsGabber(Player2) // But I'm skeptical because of the SetGabber(O:Object*) Action
    !IsGabber(Player3) // Still, it's the ONLY chance I see at detecting dialog state in others
    !IsGabber(Player4)
    !IsGabber(Player5)
    !IsGabber(Player6)
    See(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
    False()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Continue()
END

Ben, can you test this one out for me on your end? You can simply drop the attached script in the BPSeries/source/bgee folder and reinstall. IEDSP claims IsGabber(O:Object*) detects current speaker in active dialog. I'm skeptical of this claim, because of how the SetGabber(O:Object*) action works, but it's our only chance (as noted in the script). I'd test myself, but my right shoulder is a twisted mess ATM from overcomputing and I can't do extended sessions at the helm. Thanks!

Attached Files

#93 -Ben-

-Ben-

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ben, can you test this one out for me on your end? You can simply drop the attached script in the BPSeries/source/bgee folder and reinstall. IEDSP claims IsGabber(O:Object*) detects current speaker in active dialog. I'm skeptical of this claim, because of how the SetGabber(O:Object*) action works, but it's our only chance (as noted in the script). I'd test myself, but my right shoulder is a twisted mess ATM from overcomputing and I can't do extended sessions at the helm. Thanks!

No luck unfortunately. He's done it twice now in tonight's play session. I even diffed the files to make sure I had indeed copied it over the previous and reinstalled (again) after the first time it happened just to make sure.

On a more positive note, scripts outperformed me tonight. One of my guys got charmed and all my squishies had run away from him and one of the mages had re-charmed him before I'd even noticed he'd be charmed in the first place.

Get some rest, I'm sure it'll get figured out in time. I save often enough that it's not really a show stopper or anything, usually it's just funny. Hopefully any others having trouble are doing the same.

#94 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I wasn't too confident the IsGabber trick would work, honestly. The way I know it, you SetGabber on somebody in one script round, in the next round they ring true for the IsGabber() check. Its original use was for Noober in Nashkell, I believe.

This only leaves one resort. I have to restrict backstabbing activities to strictly "enemies" (the red circle kind). I haven't seen any case where a character openly attacks after a convo. It's the same commands as backstabbing, in theory they should--in fact, the conditions are much stricter on the backstab check. So, it must be something exclusive with stealth and convos. Obviously an original BG2 bug, and not corrected in BGEE.

Thanks for the Charmed report though. It's good to hear that new code is running fine at least, for someone besides me.

EDIT: Stealth/Convo/CombatCounter() bug reported on BGEE forums. We have hope for the future. :)

Edited by horred the plague, 25 January 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#95 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

BPSeries has been updated to v0.3040.

Changes:

--New Monk Script: BP-Monk, by request. Features near/far attack targetting toggle, seperate toggles for stealth and find traps, and accounts for all monk abilities including a level check for diease/poisoning (if they're at immunity level, they block shuts down early saving parse time). One drawback is that I had to remove the weapon switching toggle. I cannot handle monk fists with weapon switching, due to engine limitations. (If somebody knows of a workaround for this, please share your wisdom).

--Touchups to Backstabbing: Because of the bug w/ Dialogs/Stealth/et. al. and false CombatCounter readings, I added another conditional check. Backstabs will only occur if the stabber can Detect a NearestEnemy. This should hopefully at least stop them from attacking a group of Neutrals (Blue Circle NPC's) after a conversation ends.

TRANSLATORS: I had to add a few new strings for the Monk script. If you'd like to update your files to match and get rid of my English, just pass them along and I'll get them included. If anybody wants to pick up the lacking language files, or add a new language, just let me know and pass me a TRA file. Thanks for your efforts! :)

#96 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

¡Español actualizado...!

¡Nos vemos!

Attached Files

Edited by Lisandro, 17 February 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#97 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Lisandro! I'll hold off a couple days and see if any more come in, then post a new TRA'ed version.

#98 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Updated Russian translation for BPSeries v0.3040.

#99 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Here are the files for french. The archive includes the whole french directory with both ansi and utf8 versions.

I hope there is no problem with my archive anymore. ;)

Keep up the good work, horred.

Attached Files

#100 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Here are the files for french. The archive includes the whole french directory with both ansi and utf8 versions.

I hope there is no problem with my archive anymore. ;)

Keep up the good work, horred.

Isaya--sorry for the late response. Well.....I tried three archiver tools--Zip Genius, 7-Zip, and WinRar--as well as straight Windows un-zipping. ZipGenius crashes, 7-Zip and WinRar give me a single 11.6kb file w/ no file extension. Windows-based opening tells me the archive is corrupted. I downloaded it more than once, with same results What tool are you using to pack these, and/or is it Windows OS? Just trying to figure out what is going wrong and how to make it right--whether it's on your end or on mine.