Photo

Bug & Typo Reports

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#81 -David-

-David-

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

This is my first playthrough of both BG2EE and the Isra mod. It's my new favorite character mod, but I've hit a snag.

I'm trying to wrap up the Unseeing Eye sidequest before heading off on Chapter 3, and I've romanced Isra to the point that she's warning me she can't promise kids or marriage. (No mention of white picket fences however, so I'm still holding out for those.) I've now encountered a glitch where Isra and Aerie stop moving. When I click on a new location for them individually or for the party, they go about three feet and stop. Isra keeps dropping into a combat "on guard" animation instead of idling when she stops, as does Aerie. None of the other characters drop out of their regular animations, and their pathfinding go fine. I reloaded an earlier game, the problem went away, but as soon as my PC and Isra had the same lovetalk, the glitch reemerged.

I've never created a mod, but I've run enough of them that if you tell me what variables to look for, I think I can figure out how to fix it with EEkeeper.

#82 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hmm. I can think of two possibilities. Can you check the variables for "rh#IsraAerieRomance" and rh#IsraAerie4"? If one of them is stuck at 2, that is your culprit, and moving it to 3 should get rid of the strange behavior.

#83 DCB4W

DCB4W
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hi, I'm the same person as David above. I made a new account. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Both of those variables are set at 3 already.

I've tried booting Aerie and Isra out of the party and having them rejoin, and changing their scripts with no luck.

#84 DCB4W

DCB4W
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

Experimentation reveals that it's the ISRAROMANCEACTIVE variable going to 2 that triggers the glitch.

#85 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

Is Aerie's setting to 3 properly? Does this problem only occur if Aerie is in the party too?

#86 DCB4W

DCB4W
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:35 PM

Aerie's variable is set at 3 (so are Viconia, Neera, and Jaheira, FWIW), and the problem repeats with Isra even with Aerie out of the party.  I went back to a much older save and bumped the Isra romance up to 2 and the love talk to 35, and set the PC's other romances to 3. Aerie wasn't in the party at that point, so Isra is the only conflict. (Unfortunately, it's still unplayable with one character moving about 3' per mouse click.)

#87 -Novuys-

-Novuys-

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

Aerie's variable is set at 3 (so are Viconia, Neera, and Jaheira, FWIW), and the problem repeats with Isra even with Aerie out of the party.  I went back to a much older save and bumped the Isra romance up to 2 and the love talk to 35, and set the PC's other romances to 3. Aerie wasn't in the party at that point, so Isra is the only conflict. (Unfortunately, it's still unplayable with one character moving about 3' per mouse click.)

The problem still exists, and it isn't just Aerie. Having the exact same issue with Jaheira. Pretty much makes the mod useless, as it happens pretty early on. 

#88 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

What else do you have installed? My guess is that this is some sort of cross-mod conflict.

#89 -Novus-

-Novus-

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

What else do you have installed? My guess is that this is some sort of cross-mod conflict.

Had several installed, but I found the culprit.

BGII Tweaks - Romance Cheats

Strangely...it's not the Allow Multiple Romance cheat that seems to break it. I played around with various combinations, and it only seems to break if you have the Nothing kills romance option selected. Best guess is you have a check that should trigger a romance varaible change after Isra's Romance varaible is set active, and it gets stuck in a loop when another script changes it back. Though oddly is doesn't seem to mind me manually editing the varaible aterwards with EE Keeper.

#90 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

Ahh, that would make sense. My first thought was it was the Multiple Romance cheat, but that actually doesn't effect mod romances, so it shouldn't have been possible. I didn't realize that Nothing Kills Romance was even a thing!

I do have a check to that effect, yes. Does the problem go away if you edit stuff manually?

#91 -Novus-

-Novus-

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Ahh, that would make sense. My first thought was it was the Multiple Romance cheat, but that actually doesn't effect mod romances, so it shouldn't have been possible. I didn't realize that Nothing Kills Romance was even a thing!

I do have a check to that effect, yes. Does the problem go away if you edit stuff manually?

That depends on what you mean by 'edit stuff' manually.

If you mean "Can you fix it without uninstalling that piece of the mod, by editing variables?" The answer is 'maybe'. If, after you start experiencing the bug, you set  RH#ISRAROMANCEACTIVE to 3, open the save, re-save, than reedit back to  RH#ISRAROMANCEACTIV = 2, the bug is resolved. At least for the moment, it might end up triggering again later...or screwing up the romance entirely of course depending on what that check is linked to.

Presumably doing this allows the check conflict to resolve, and once resolved it no longer cares what the variable is(at least until the next time it checks, if it ever does again). 

Curiously changing Jaheira's variable has no effect. 

#92 Lamey

Lamey
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

It's possible to resolve the Greywolf encounter peacefully with a charm spell, but doing so causes Isra to be left stuck.

Of course, not killing Greywolf means giving up Varscona - one of the best swords in the game.  Even if it didn't break Isra I would probably reload and murder him regardless.

I'm enjoying the mod.  Isra has interesting conversations that feel like actual conversations.

#93 -Derk Jones-

-Derk Jones-

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

It's possible to resolve the Greywolf encounter peacefully with a charm spell, but doing so causes Isra to be left stuck.

Of course, not killing Greywolf means giving up Varscona - one of the best swords in the game.  Even if it didn't break Isra I would probably reload and murder him regardless.

I'm enjoying the mod.  Isra has interesting conversations that feel like actual conversations.

It is also possible to bug Isra by killing Prism or Greywolf before their conversations trigger, I have done this before and had to completely restart the game because I beelined to Nashkel & forgot to save like an idiot xD

#94 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Heh. Nice catch, guys. Once I've got some spare time, I'll have to remember to take those things into account.

#95 -Sirinoeles-

-Sirinoeles-

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

I play BGT version of the game with npc project.  I have recruted Isra near Prism as intended. But after I left Nashkel mines she keeps repeating one line something about me bothering her with nonsence. She tells it again and again and my game became mostly unplayable because of it. I've tried reinstalling mods and loading earlier saves but it didn't help. The only choice it seems is kicking Isra out of the group, but i don't wanna do that.

#96 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

Could you tell me what the exact line is? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Also, could you go to the console and type: C:GetGlobal("rh#IsraTalksBG1","GLOBAL") and let me know what number comes up?

#97 -Sirinoeles-

-Sirinoeles-

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

I don't know how this line sounds in english.
The number in Global is 2.

#98 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

Have you tried to force talk her? A dialog should be triggering, though I'm not sure what's preventing it.

#99 -Sirinoeles-

-Sirinoeles-

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

She keeps repeating that line if I try to forcetalk her. If not, she forcetalks me with it.

#100 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Is this a voiced line? Without knowing exactly what the line is, there isn't much I can do.

There is a dialog that's supposed to be triggering, though. I'm not sure why it isn't. To skip it, you could C:SetGlobal("rh#IsraTalksBG1","GLOBAL",3) and then C:RealSetGlobalTimer("rh#IsraTalksMessengerSpawnTimer","GLOBAL",2700), but whatever problem you're running into now is probably going to resurface later.