• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Tell me about it, I can't stop myself from backing these projects. :P

Torment has already hit 2.1 million USD. The 2.5 million stretch goal will bring additional content, a companion and inXile will also hire George Ziets (Mask of the Betrayer Creative Lead) as a writer.

News:

Update #3: Updated our Journal for the 3rd Time: Video on Themes, New True Believer Tier Coming, Strategy Guide, More Stretch Goals, PayPal @ Kickstarter

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

News:

Update #4: Updated our Journal for the 4th Time: @Dracogen Superfan, Theme from Mark Morgan, Legacies, Cults @ Kickstarter

#23 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Torment makes 2.5 million and promises:
We treat the trust you have placed in us seriously, and will maintain our precise focus on creating the game we have told you about. (For example, there is no total this Kickstarter could reach that would lead us to implement multiplayer.)
News:
Update #5: Updated our Journal (5): Monte Cook, Factions, Dialogue, and Companions @ Kickstarter

#24 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

George Ziets (of Mask of the Betrayer fame) joins the development team and more...

News:

Update #6: Updated our Journal (6): Inhabiting the Bodies of Others, +1 Ziets, Life After Death @ Kickstarter

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Torment: Tides of Numenera reaches 48k backers and another Fathom is added to the Castoff's Labyrinth.

News:

Update #7: Updated our Journal (7): New $39 Tier, Tides, Novellas, Andree Wallin Concept @ Kickstarter

#26 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Torment: ToN reaches its 2.75 million stretch goal, Brian Mitsoda is added to the team. A new stretch goal for 'Comprehensive Epilogue' is added (2.85 million).

News:

Update #8: Updated our Journal: Pat Rothfuss Stretch Goal, New Digital Comic Reward, +1 Mitsoda, George talks about the Bloom @ Kickstarter

Edited by Archmage Silver, 21 March 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#27 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Another stretch goal down; Comprehensive Epilogue is in. More stretch goals are ahead at 3 million, 3.1 million, 3.25 million and 3.5 million (Chris Avellone will join the team at 3.5 million!).

News:

Update #9: Updated our Journal (9): Chris Avellone @ Kickstarter

#28 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Torment: Tides of Numenera Reaches 3 Million USD and Hits Another Stretch Goal @ Kickstarter

#29 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

News:

Update #10: Updated our Journal (10): Physical Add-Ons for $45+ Tiers, Printed Novella Compilation Add-On, Fourth Fathom, Mur Talks Companions @ Kickstarter

#30 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Just backed this.

I really hope we get Chris Avellone. Any kind of involvement from him would be awesome.

#31 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

You bet. Although, I do suspect even if they don't hit it, Chris would still contribute. He's a machine, and I don't think lions could keep him away. :P

#32 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Count me as a backer, as well.  I've since also made a thread about this at another gaming forum I frequent (y'know, for what it's worth, anyway).

Gosh, with so many games coming out then (presumably), I'm actually excited about next year.

Edited by Galsic, 28 March 2013 - 05:09 PM.

(I like parentheses.)

#33 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Oh yeah, next year is really looking awesome!!!

Update #11: Delving Deeper into Story & Graphics @ Kickstarter

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#34 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm in for 300$ right now... and if you use Facebook (I don't), please "like" Torment on FB - inXile will add another Fathom to the Castoff's Labyrinth if they reach 10k likes.

#35 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

Update #12: Screenshot from within the Bloom. 4 Days Left!

#36 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

y6svx0S.jpg

#37 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

The Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter campaign closes this week - consider pledging if you haven't yet

And without further ado, the first animated T:ToN footage from inXile:

Update: 1080p now available.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 03 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#38 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

New stretch goals, new add-ons, animated screenshot and much more with 3 days to go!

News:

Update #13: Updated our Journal (13): Just 3 Days Left! See the Bloom in Action @ Kickstarter

#39 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm in for 300$ right now...

Wow, looks like you have a lot of faith in this project!  I'm only in for $50, myself, but I'd probably be in for more if I thought I could afford it.  Some of those higher tier rewards are nice.

Looks like we'll be waiting on Torment:ToN longer than originally projected.  Hopefully, there'll be a couple other good new games out to keep me occupied until this one's finally released.  As for that animated footage... :wub: .

(I like parentheses.)

#40 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

I have a lot of faith in this project as well.  The video was awesome, I love Mark Morgan's work, the figurine looks absolutely splendid (and horrific at the same time!).  I'm in for 35$ but that's only because the next tier that could potentially interest me is at 75$ and I just can't justify the extra expense with all else I have to spend this month (plane tickets for work, car repairs, baby needs a new pair of shoes, etc).

Definitely looks awesome, though!!!!

Edited by Eleima, 02 April 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif