Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3201 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:45 AM

Pirate Kit english translation is in starting from BWP Texpack ENGLISH v14.3.

As I said, I am not involved in BWS... I did not understand the reason that in an english install, Pirate Kit was installed using french. Imp explained the reason and I got it.

Indeed and there many other mods that have other languages set as 0.

I don't want to comment on:

This is because the BWS always considers the first #x number to be English if it's 0, and other language if it's 1 or more.

Edited by Nightfarer, 26 October 2016 - 05:46 AM.

#3202 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:59 AM

BWS reads the info from the mods ini-file.

devin

sovereign

So as you see, 0 is not English by default. If you look at Config/Global/pirate.ini, you should find out that someone put Tra=FR:0,EN:1 in there...

As to Greenhorns "install bug": I don't know his configuration and BWS version and all the depending files from the beginning of the year and if your translation was up there and so on... so reproducing could be complicated...

Well, if it is any help ( although I doubt it ) BWS version is BigWorldSetup-748df78bbf81 and here is WEIDU:

Spoiler

#3203 -Warpath-

-Warpath-

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:35 PM

Did anyone encounter any weird issue with Edwin not chatting you up when you go to him for the Mae'var quest ? He just closes his dialog window after his first line or doe not open it at all.

I installed the "Recommended" pack - did not touch any stuff myself.

#3204 eXistenZe

eXistenZe
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

So... When can we expect some beta support for eet so that we can start reporting stuff?

#3205 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:39 AM

Pet's ALIEN's head... you can do it.
Hmm, what if you restore the Baldur.lua file from the BWS backup...

The BG2EE_PL normally does this via UNINSTALL ~~ command, I understand that, but that doesn't matter as the BWS skips all those .. but you could also overwrite the lua file.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3206 eXistenZe

eXistenZe
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

I would say 90% of bg community plays in EN, so start from there...

Also, I understand the mod list is quite restrict, but it is increasing and has quite a few dozen mods already. That would be a great start.

#3207 gmargaro

gmargaro
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hi,

The french textpatchs for BG1 and BG2 have been upgraded, and old versions can't be found anywhere.

I changed my config/BWP/mod.ini for the new versions :

[correcfrbg1]
Name=Patch correctif des textes pour Baldur's Gate 1 (et TotSC)
Rev=1.0
Type=R,S,T,E
Link=http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouronne/la-zone-de-telechargement/24081-mods-crees-patch-patch-correctif-des-textes-pour-baldurs-gate-1-et-totsc-en-vf.html
Down=http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/filesmods/ModsBG/correcfrBG1v1.0.zip
Save=correcfrBG1v1.0.zip
Size=1126255
Tra=FR:0
Wiki=Patch correctif des textes pour Baldur's Gate 1

[correcfrbg2]
Name=Patch correctif des textes pour Baldur's Gate 2 (et ToB)
Rev=1.3
Type=R,S,T,E
Link=http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouronne/la-zone-de-telechargement/24082-mods-crees-patch-patch-correctif-des-textes-pour-baldurs-gate-2-et-tob-en-vf.html
Down=http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/filesmods/ModsBG/correcfrBG2v1.3.zip
Save=correcfrBG2v1.3.zip
Size=1328755
Tra=FR:0
Wiki=Patch correctif des textes pour Baldur's Gate 2

But every time BWS is updated it revert to the old versions...

How do i push my "patch" to BWS ?

P.S. : excuse my english, my primary language is french

#3208 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:08 AM

The Config\BWP\mod.ini file is rebuilt each time BWS runs.  It reads the data from files in Config\Global.  For example, Config\Global\correcfrbg1.ini becomes the [correcfrbg1] section in Config\BWP\mod.ini.

But, each time you start BWS "with updates", it will replace any changed files in Config\Global with the online versions from GitHub.  So, your local changes will disappear.

The best thing to do when you see that BWS doesn't have the latest version is to tell us, like you did here, and we will update the files on GitHub.  After we make the change on GitHub, then the next time you start BWS "with updates", it will apply the changes to your local files.

Edit:  I just put your changes on GitHub so you should get them next time you run BWS.

Edited by agb1, 02 November 2016 - 07:11 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3209 gmargaro

gmargaro
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

OK, thanks !

#3210 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

This is because the BWS always considers the first #x number to be English if it's 0, and other language if it's 1 or more.

You just need to switch the LANGUAGE ~~ lines to be in different order.

I haven't looked into the code yet, but if this is true, I would consider this behavior a bug in BWS. It should not be the responsibility of a mod author to always put English as the first language.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3211 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

And to give you some kind of impression about what I have to deal right now: 
What is means is: I have to rewrite whole logic of getting/setting WeiDu.conf to fully support installation of mods which will add game localisation  :shifty:
Wow that's impressive! It's a pity to realise how much good could have been done to BWS if you've dropped that EE abomination and concentrated on improving BWS for classic!

Edited by Creepin, 02 November 2016 - 10:32 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3212 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

Wow that's impressive! It's a pity to realise how much good could have been done to BWS if you've dropped that EE abomination and concentrated on improving BWS for classic!

Yeah, ALIEN would have just twitted his thumps. :tease:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3213 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Did we miss something important? Please share you thoughts.
I haven't intended my post as a criticism of any kind, sorry if it sounded like that! :cheers:
Hating EE without a good reasons is not gona make me want to support BGT more
You have already done for BWS more than anyone could reasonably ask, for which I am really grateful. As for reasons, I have mine, but I don't believe they're of any relevance in this thread.

Edited by Creepin, 02 November 2016 - 11:13 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3214 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

Fairly significant BWS update just committed.  Most of the changes affect BG2EE / EET installs, because that's what I've been trying to get working today.  My test installation got through all of the BG1EE mods, switched to the BG2EE folder, applied all patches in correct order (EET patches followed by BWFixpack) and then started EET, so ... it's better than it was before!  EET installs are still not supported and so remain disabled unless you delve into the Includes folder and change the $Hide_EET variable in Misc-GUI.au3.

Changes:

Spoiler

TODO:

- Keldorn Romance
- don't rename github zips / master zips .. download servers don't always return the size, so we fall back to local copy ... which might be old; filenames from github are unique per commit so will be more reliable for detecting new versions, although this will mean more accumulation of old zips in the download folder
- make it harder to lose customized selections of mods/components (e.g., when switching game type) and make it more obvious when a customized selection is being used vs. one of the defaults

Edited by agb1, 03 November 2016 - 03:34 PM.

#3215 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

The "Skip Chateau Irenicus" mod for BG2EE provides an easy-to-use "addon" mechanism which can be used to handle NPCs with their starting location in Chateau Irenicus. If someone can list all affected NPC mods (preferrably in this topic: http://www.shsforums...ateau-irenicus/ ) I can try to create some code snippets which handle the NPCs in question.

Addon files for Adrian and Yasraena have already been coded (see topic above) and are ready  for a release. (I'll probably publish them in a separate archive, so they can be maintained independently of the main mod.)

#3216 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

So many recent updates, this is awesome!

#3217 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

Lure of the Sirine's Call v13 -> v14 (new component #1 - Extended Lighthouse Area)

#3218 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

I ran a maximized install of bg1ee to see how it would go, bws commit 58b791b

It only got caught up on one error but otherwise installed fine.

Spoiler

Attached Files

#3219 psycros

psycros
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap (Tweaks Anthology (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

I get this on the one that lets you choose the XP cap amount manually.  Not sure if its even part of Tweaks Anthology..in fact I'm pretty certain its not.

Edited by psycros, 04 November 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#3220 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:55 AM

Speculation:

Some mod added a kit that added a row to backstab.2da, or xplevel.2da, but only added 40 columns (the vanilla number of levels). Tweaks Anthology did a COUNT_2DA_COLS operation and found 50 columns on some of the rows, so it tried to patch all 50 columns in all of the rows. But when some of the rows turned out to have fewer than 50 columns... patch fail.