Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#5121 -ghost-

-ghost-

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

Is there a reason why the Imoen Romance mod is installed early among the BG1 npc mods in BWS? Since Imoen friendship needs to go before it BWS wants to install them both that early. However the BWP manual installs them with the other bg2 npc mods as is more expected since they are both bg2 mods after all.

Which way is the correct one?

#5122 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

It is the npc_ee mod.  Khalid turns up as a Ranger/Cleric and Jaheria as a Multi class Ftr/Druid.  Options that are chosen when the mod is installed.  There are class "adjustments" for many of the npc's in the game that get done when the mod is installed.  In this case I will just use EE Keeper to adjust Khalid and Jaheria back to their classes, I was trying to figure out if I could just re run the mod and go through and make whatever class adjustments to those npc's as needed, but I guess since it was done thru BWS and EET is finalized re-running the mod won't have an effect.

Just to make this short.

No need to worry at all.

According to your weidu.log of BG2EE, it says that npc-ee was the last mod before GUI that you installed. Obviously you already changed Khalid and Jaheira there. So everything should be as you want it.

However, these changes would not appear in the game if you play with a save where you already visited the Friendly Arm or even recruited those two. Your changes only have an effect if you never saw those two in the game yet.

Test this by C:CreateCreature("Khalid2") and then STRG+Q > now look at what class that Khalid has.

I thought I had gone back and tried a save where I had not gone "into" the FAI after re-running the mod, but I may have goofed that up.  I will try loading from another save.

What is "STRG+Q"  I understand the first part of that from clua console but I don't know what that is.  I have used the EE Keeper editor only at this point, I just downloaded NI and am studying how to use that utility as it looks like that is a better tool to use instead of EE Keeper.

#5123 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Is there a reason why the Imoen Romance mod is installed early among the BG1 npc mods in BWS? Since Imoen friendship needs to go before it BWS wants to install them both that early. However the BWP manual installs them with the other bg2 npc mods as is more expected since they are both bg2 mods after all.

Which way is the correct one?

Imoen romance should be installed as early as possible because it makes some changes in ToB dialogues taking into account ONLY vanilla NPCs. If you install her late, other mod NPCs may have appended as well to those dialogues and you will encounter abrupt endings of some some very crucial dialogues.

Install order has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with where the contents appears in the game, it is based on how mods depend on each other or the order in which they may change the same selection of files.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5124 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

What is "STRG+Q"  I understand the first part of that from clua console but I don't know what that is.  I have used the EE Keeper editor only at this point, I just downloaded NI and am studying how to use that utility as it looks like that is a better tool to use instead of EE Keeper.

STRG+Q is a quick way to get any creature as a party member so you can see the statistics and inventory screens etc in game without needing NI or EE Keeper. It is a shortcut to see limited information at a glance.

You can also use it to get back a kicked out party member in case the leaving dialogue did not trigger correctly.

The Sandrah Saga

#5125 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

STRG+Q is a quick way to get any creature as a party member so you can see the statistics and inventory screens etc in game without needing NI or EE Keeper. It is a shortcut to see limited information at a glance.

You can also use it to get back a kicked out party member in case the leaving dialogue did not trigger correctly.

Alright I went to an auto save outside of FAI before meeting them.  Brought up Kahlid with the above command and he shows up as single class ranger.  I reload the game, go inside and recruit them both and it's back to him being a cleric/ranger.  I thought the log shows the changes being done, but it's not showing up that way, unless I need to go back further and the game or something.  I may just try starting a new game and see if it takes effect.  Though I am confused because bring up the console gives me the corrected Kahlid.

#5126 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

Alright I went to an auto save outside of FAI before meeting them.  Brought up Kahlid with the above command and he shows up as single class ranger.  I reload the game, go inside and recruit them both and it's back to him being a cleric/ranger.  I thought the log shows the changes being done, but it's not showing up that way, unless I need to go back further and the game or something.  I may just try starting a new game and see if it takes effect.  Though I am confused because bring up the console gives me the corrected Kahlid.

You may go back to a save prior to entering the FAI main map.

The Sandrah Saga

#5127 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

You may go back to a save prior to entering the FAI main map.

I was thinking of that.  I will give that a try tonight when I get home from work.  I have a save from Lion's Way.  Thanks.

#5128 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

Test this by C:CreateCreature("Khalid2") and then STRG+Q > now look at what class that Khalid has.

Hih, It's actually whith the cheat keys enabled CTRL + Q. Your german is showing.

Edited by The Imp, 17 April 2018 - 10:54 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5129 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

It is the npc_ee mod.  Khalid turns up as a Ranger/Cleric and Jaheria as a Multi class Ftr/Druid.  Options that are chosen when the mod is installed. 

Ah ha! That changes things. You are seeing changes to BG1 content, but NPC_EE is actually installed to EET, i.e. to BG2. And it is one of the last mods installed, if not the last, specifically so that you can uninstall/reinstall it as you please.

So! If you can find the "setup-NPC_EE.exe" file in your game directory, you can run it manually and simply uninstall the Khalid class change component.

Be aware, Jaheira is a multi fighter/druid in the vanilla game... that's not a mod thing. But if you want, when you run NPC_EE it will give you the option to change her to a single-class druid. ;)

Edited by subtledoctor, 17 April 2018 - 06:44 PM.

#5130 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

It is the npc_ee mod.  Khalid turns up as a Ranger/Cleric and Jaheria as a Multi class Ftr/Druid.  Options that are chosen when the mod is installed. 

Ah ha! That changes things. You are seeing changes to BG1 content, but NPC_EE is actually installed to EET, i.e. to BG2. And it is one of the last mods installed, if not the last, specifically so that you can uninstall/reinstall it as you please.

So! If you can find the "setup-NPC_EE.exe" file in your game directory, you can run it manually and simply uninstall the Khalid class change component.

Be aware, Jaheira is a multi fighter/druid in the vanilla game... that's not a mod thing. But if you want, when you run NPC_EE it will give you the option to change her to a single-class druid. ;)

Thanks for the insight, this helps.

One question, or a clarification really.  You stated that I can run the NPC_EE setup manually and "uninstall" the Khalid class change component.  When I ran the set up before I chose to have Khalid to be switched to a single class Ranger.  If I instead just uninstall the class change component would that instead just give me a vanilla version of Khalid appearing as he does in the standard game? 

#5131 Zyli

Zyli
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:55 AM

Hello, after installationbp bgt worldmap and other mod with BWS, game crash with AppHangb1 or when open worldmap game frezees and worldmap turn white. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
We need your weidu.log's content to look into this. You might want to put it into a spoilers tags.

Attached Files

#5132 -The Imp-

-The Imp-

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:26 AM

@Roxanne & ALIEN are you aware there's Banter Packs v16, here ? While the above weidu.log has v15 still in it. And yes, it's version tag has changed, I checked.

#5133 -ghost-

-ghost-

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:32 AM

Trying to install the mod Assassinations I get this error

ERROR: Sys_error("Assassinations/handle_charsets.tpa: No such file or directory")

Is it because of BWP Fixpack (github version)?

#5134 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:44 AM

ERROR: Sys_error("Assassinations/handle_charsets.tpa: No such file or directory")
The mod code itself contains: INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/handle_charsets.tpa~
That's a reason for consern.
The %mod_folder% is never good mod coding form.
Far better would be, simply:
INCLUDE ~Assassinations/handle_charsets.tpa~
You will want to notify of this in the mods own forum at PPG.
Sorry that I didn't notice your post in the previous page that had that.
My first instinct is that this might have to do with the in-game language mix of Russian and others. As they don't use the same character sets, and so one of the mods likely changes something radical and probably screws the entire game.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5135 Zyli

Zyli
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

My first instinct is that this might have to do with the in-game language mix of Russian and others. As they don't use the same character sets, and so one of the mods likely changes something radical and probably screws the entire game.

Hardly blame language. I installed the mode only in English, but nothing changed

#5136 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:59 AM

Hardly blame language. I installed the mode only in English, but nothing changed
Give that runs weidu.log's content in spoilers, please ... this has to do with not being able to identify the base reason for the failure, and every bit of more diagnostic data available, helps.

#5137 Zyli

Zyli
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:04 AM

Spoiler

#5138 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

You stated that I can run the NPC_EE setup manually and "uninstall" the Khalid class change component.  When I ran the set up before I chose to have Khalid to be switched to a single class Ranger.  If I instead just uninstall the class change component would that instead just give me a vanilla version of Khalid appearing as he does in the standard game? 

Yes, that should work, with the proviso that you would have to liad a save from before you met Khalid (maybe from before you entered the FAI).

#5139 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

This is Russian:
~BANTERPACK/SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #6 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack ¤«п BG2: Shadows of Amn: v15
See the #6 And the non-ASCII characters in the printed lines: ¤ « ї ...
with the proviso that you would have to liad a save from
That's kinda bad typo there: when you mix -o- to an -i-. The fix being "load "not "liad".

Edited by The Imp, 18 April 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#5140 -ghost-

-ghost-

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

The Imp: Fine, but I want to install this mod now. I see the line you speak of so can I just replace with what you said and it will be fine? There is this also

// There is no "language" folder so the root of all languages in %MOD_FOLDER%
  LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS
    INT_VAR
      infer_charset = 1
    STR_VAR
      tra_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%~
      // charset_table = O#charsets // Included for illustrative purposes.
      noconvert_array = O#noconvert
      reload_array = O#reload

Am I supposed to change those also?