BWP v15

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#61 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

You can see info here: https://kerzenburg.b...t=40996&page=20

But I guess it's outdated too for most of entries.

#62 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

hmmm... what about using BWS (just the download part, or the link-list inside BWS) ? it would be a good start :)

BTW, Welcome back :hug:

#63 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

Ah yeah good idea! Cheers guys :cheers: Will try using the BWS from this thread's first post (I just hope it doesn't redownload everything I've already downloaded :lol:)

PS: I went throuhg the 15.1 BWPPDF's changelog and google-fu'ed all the added mods from v14-v15.1 - I'm scared to go through the updated mods list though...

Edited by Lollorian, 21 June 2015 - 06:37 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#64 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

the last BWS is few posts above yours (in Alien signature) or here.

#65 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

the last BWS is few posts above yours (in Alien signature) or here.

Hah, you did notice that the Lollorian's link linked to that exact resource... ?!?

@Lollorian: You have been missed. So welcome back.

Edited by The Imp, 21 June 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#66 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Just one thing. BWP doesn't take the last version of NPC IEP mods. You can pick them here: http://www.shsforums...-compatibility/

#67 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

Just one thing. BWP doesn't ...

I bet the reason is that that's way too well hidden and ... you do know that the BWP is not taking a thing, as it's not a thing that takes a things. It's the BiG World Project, which is NOT installable, not downloadable, nor a program, but a project.... It's tools, are those that take things, (the BiG World Setup.vbs,) BiG World Install.bat and others .bat's :P k.
K, yes, the BWS is not actually direct BWP tool, as it just happens to co-exist with the todays BiG World Project manual install instructions .pdf -file, as they are done by separate people and the setup's approach to the install is a little bit different than that of the Leonardo's manual install.bat's. Thus the BWS's BWP is it's own compilation that can be completely customized. Yes, this is a far deeper tangent than a few surface lines here, but come on, you should get it already.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#68 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

In fact, no. I don't use BW... things.
My post was only for Lollorian, as he wants an install with the last mods' versions.

Edited by Graoumf, 21 June 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#69 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

Yeah I want the latest stuff :P And the BWS also seems to want to download outdated stuff (it seems to need BWP Installpack 15.0.2 for example - it also reports lots of mods having the wrong archive size - stuff I'm sure haven't been updated in a long time - like SoBH :blink:)

I'll report as I can once I have everything up and running :)

@Grauomf: Thanks for that link to the french translates - I never would've found that myself :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#70 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

And the BWS also seems to want to download outdated stuff (it seems to need BWP Installpack 15.0.2 for example

Which mode did you use to intent to do the install with ? Yes, the second answer after the over all language... the BWS, if it's set to the "BWS:BiG World Project(detailed customization)" -mode doesn't actually use the .bat as it uses it's own install script to do the installing, moving files, editing etc. stuff.

And the BWPv15.1 just came and so the BWS might need an update in the BiG World Install.bat's side.

#71 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

Why I intend to catch 'em all :ROFL: (only way to make sure yes?) I'm just itching to go through micbaldur's thread again :devil:

Anyway I just gave up on the BWS midway :lol: The amount of mismatching archive sizes and outdated mods (and mods that aren't even in the BWP Installpack) made me go back to just google-fu'ing the updated mods - No BWS, I am NOT going to download that 300MB archive again just because you think the size doesn't match! I think the only way of properly verifying whether I have all the latest versions is just check whether the BWPFixpack/Textpack patches apply once I get them all unpacked :P

Took a look at the new Installpack... damn this stuff got a helluva lot more complicated than it was :crying: I'm just hoping that the install.bat can tell me what mods I'm missing like it used to...

Someone PLEASE update the BWP Linkliste :crying:

Edited by Lollorian, 22 June 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#72 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

Are you downloading the mods through the program BWS? I would suggest you do that. I did a default Expert BWS last month and it worked fine.

#73 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Are you downloading the mods through the program BWS? I would suggest you do that. I did a default Expert BWS last month and it worked fine.

See the trouble is, he already has nearly all of them and the todays BWS takes his and throws nearly all of them away to only to redownload them again. Yes, he could set the BWS to skip them, but that's a hassle too. Especially if you do it multiple times.

#74 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

If the mods have been updated, it's right for the program to ensure that he has the most recent mods. Otherwise this just invites more errors and bug reports. Truly, BWS is the only way most people will ever approach installing more than a few mods and is by far the most accessible and least time consuming method to install a lot of mods. I think we as a community need to unite under BWS as much as possible.

#75 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

If the mods have been updated, it's right for the program to ensure that he has the most recent mods. Otherwise this just invites more errors and bug reports. Truly, BWS is the only way most people will ever approach installing more than a few mods and is by far the most accessible and least time consuming method to install a lot of mods. I think we as a community need to unite under BWS as much as possible.

Yeah, I know, but did you know that at one time Lollorian was instrumentally contributing to the maintenance of the BiG World Fixpack ? Right, and I bet that he want to install his game the way he want to. Without the need to re-download the files he already has because the BWS can't match the bite size with null, as in the file has no known size, as the download protocol doesn't inform the download-er how much space the file is going to take.

Edited by The Imp, 22 June 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#76 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bill Bisco" data-cid="578403" data-time="1435003690"><p> I think we as a community need to unite under BWS as much as possible.</p></blockquote>

Not until they re-write it in Java or something, so I can use it on OS X. :P

Meantime, I have no problem doing a manual install with 99 mods...

#77 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

@Jarno: Ah so that's why it can't compare sizes for some mods! Understood thanks :)

@Bill Bisco:
I don't actually intend to play the game :lol:

I'm trying to set everything up so we can start patching dem mods to perfection :D I'm sure if NewMod#43 doesn't get the same treatment or we patch OldModv4 for something already fixed in OldModv5 then it's gonna be sad... Don't want that to happen now, do we? :P

It would be great if the BWS links were updated for BWPv15.1.1 though... Would atleast let me know which mods need updating.

Edited by Lollorian, 22 June 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#78 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

Lollorian, feel free to notice some fixes to Jastey: she's maintining most of Berelinde's mods and I'm sure she would be happy to implement fixes directly to mods.
Please also note that a new beta version for Alternatives is out: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27341

Edited by Graoumf, 22 June 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#79 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bill Bisco" data-cid="578403" data-time="1435003690"><p> I think we as a community need to unite under BWS as much as possible.</p></blockquote>

Not until they re-write it in Java or something, so I can use it on OS X. :P

Meantime, I have no problem doing a manual install with 99 mods...

I never actually thought of AutoIt as a windows only thing.  I guess it would be more ideal if we had a more portable Automation Program between computer architectures.  How many mods actually work on Mac?  My guess is that Windows is still by far the majority OS for the masses.

@Lollorian  It would be nice if the BWP descriptions allowed you to click to download the individual mods.  Of course, mod downloading is infinitely easier and less time consuming using BWS.

You don't plan on playing?  Wow.  Well, I give you credit for your philanthropic deeds good sir.  They are sorely appreciated.

#80 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

@Lollorian It would be nice if the BWP descriptions allowed you to click to download the individual mods. ...

Do you mean something like this:
b70z8n.jpg
Yes, that would be nice(read as, we got an idea, the BWS coders please look if it can be realized, and how...), and also you could put a button to verify an existing archive(it it's detected). etc...

@Bill Bisco:
I don't actually intend to play the game :lol:

But aren'... ahh, ouh you, you directed that to Bill Bisco, and you used the pre-defined "the" article... meaning "the megamoded BG2 game :P "... all the while saying :naughty: ... "I am better than you, imp" :tease: "at playing this game we call the "weidu.exe". :ROFL:

Reclamation: -The subtext can clearly be read from the scribbles in the walls. :lol2:  :doh:
:devil:

Edited by The Imp, 22 June 2015 - 11:49 PM.