Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

{Announcement} Let's Play Baldur's Gate Trilogy Mega Mod Series

oqawmfb3gg55ftwzg.jpg

Hello Old Friends,

Sometime ago I burned out on Baldur's Gate and had to take break from playing & helping out on the forums.  I started playing & modding other games.  After hearing about Baldur's Gate EE I started thinking about playing again, but didn't have the game installed on my computer.  After starting my YouTube channel and making Let's Play series I started thinking it would be fun to make a Mega Baldur's Gate series.  So I took a week to get a BWS install setup & working the way I wanted.  I want to thank The Imp, Leonarde Watson, and all the others who help make the BWS.  I know I have more to say to my friends and I will do it as I reengage with the good people here.

This series is going to be my playthrough of Baldur's Gate Trilogy from the start of Baldur's Gate to the end of Throne of Bhaal with very many mod.  This includes the mods: Big Picture, Sword Coast Stratagems, The Darkest Day, Shadows Over Soubar, Check the Bodies, Never Ending Journey 2, Tortured Souls, Tower of Deception, DSotSC, The Drizzt Saga, Secret of BoneHill, Dark Horizons, Fishing for Trouble, Colours of Infinity, NTotSC and many more!  I will be posting my WeiDU log.

I wanted to post this here because it is directly related to Mega Mods and may help those trying to play a Mega Mod.  I will try to label the episodes so it will be easier to find what episode covers the area the player is interested in.  I also welcome feedback on things I missed or am doing wrong.  I have played a few segments ahead of what I am posting.

Link to Part 1

Link to Playlist

Please post feedback here or on YouTube.

Edited by Chevalier, 25 July 2015 - 10:16 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#2 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

A series from beginning of BG1 untill the end. Ambitious :D . I like that you chose my favorite class as well, fighter mage, although I usually go with gnome :P . Good job on the first video! :)

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 July 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:38 PM

Thanks!  I intend to complete it if there is no game ending bugs & I still have viewers.  I normally play as a Fighter-mage or as my name suggest a Chevalier.  If there is enough interest I might start another series and play as a Chevalier with a different group of NPCs.  I first want to get this series well under way before really thinking of doing a second one.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:46 AM

Nice, will have to watch :)

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

Hello Old Friend,

I hope you will find it fun!  I would love to hear what you think of the series!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

I know it's still a long way away but you will encounter this when you get to BG2 :P (there is a hotfix in the thread :))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Lol!

Please keep me updated on hotfixes!  Even if they are late ToB fixes, I do hope to get there!  I know from posts that a few have been inspired to buy & play Baldur's Gate because of this series.  I hope it get more people using BWS to install mods.

For anyone interested here is a link to the new episode.  Join us on our adventures in the Forgotten Realms!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#8 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:53 AM

Chev hi.

Happy to see you're back.

In fact I'm doing now exactly the same, recording my playback through BGT with TS 7.05 and NeJ3.

Join us for the new adventures.  :new_thumbs:

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

Vlad old friend,

Yes, it was a case of burn out.  I am back.  Have you posted the videos on Youtube yet?  I would like to join your adventures!  When I saw you were nearing completion of part 3 I almost waited to start my playthrough, but I needed content for my channel.

TS & NeJ2 will feature heavily in my playthrough (just at the start Imoens Charming Rouge kit is the big thing so far).  If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.  Send me a link.  I am developing my channel and want it to be a resource for players & promote the mods I play.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:34 AM

Chev, message me your email.

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:09 AM

The series is going strong & is nearing episode 300.  I hope you all check it out!

Link to newest episode.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

Welcome back! :)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

Thanks Old Friend!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

The most useful link is the one to Chev's channel:
https://www.youtube....XyI7ICVCM5E3nPA
That way you can see the latest uploads, as well as any prior uploads that you may have missed out on.

#15 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hello Friends & I hope a few views,

I am getting this bug with the de'Arnse keep:Link

Can someone point me to a solution (something I can drop in the override folder?)?

Thanks All!!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#16 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Make sure Your search region map looks as it should.
Open the AR(d'ArniseKeep)SR.bmp (I don't know the appropriate number) with NI
and see if it resembles the area You are expecting. If not just try to drop the correct one
to override.
Some time ago we had similar problems at the promenade.
see e.g.
here
or
here

#17 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

Thanks Shuv-Oohl

I was warned & given the fix for the promenade and that made me hope there was a known fix,  I can search for the files in the backup folder & look for the problem mod/file.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#18 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

I am not sure what is cause this bug.  there are no AR1300.bmp files in any backup folders (so must not be changed by a mod?).

I have tried moving files from different backup files.  Still not working.

Here are the files.  Can someone please look at them.  Can you see what is wrong?

Clues would be nice.

Edited by Chevalier, 18 September 2016 - 08:17 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#19 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

I suspect the problem is in the stencil maps for searching... I know nothing much about editing Wed files.

The bcs file seems prosaic enough. I will need to take a look at this.

If you can make a second install of vanilla BG2 elsewhere, you can hopefully extract the original unaltered AR1300 files.

AR1300SR.bmp should be the problem, here is my version of it:

Edit:

It was the problem, so we no longer need the image below.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 30 September 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#20 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

If you can make a second install of vanilla BG2 elsewhere, you can hopefully extract the original unaltered AR1300 files.

Oh, I have that.  Always have.  I have 2 copies of the modded game on 2 different drives just in case one dies while I am make the series.  And I have the untouched original game as well.  I can drop & test stuff in the override folder.

I just am worried about losing what the mods need if I used the wrong unmoded file. 

Not sure if any of these are known problems:

Mods affecting AR1300.ARE:
00000: ~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ 0 0 // Check The Bodies: 1.13a BWP Fix
00001: ~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5 BWP Fix
00002: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v30
00003: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00004: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

Mods affecting AR1300.BCS:
00000: ~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ 0 0 // Check The Bodies: 1.13a BWP Fix
00001: ~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ 0 0 // The Darkest Day,  v1.14: v1.14
00002: ~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ 0 0 // Beyond the Law - Kova & Kiyone: v1.35 BWP Fix
00003: ~TSUKIBG2/TSUKIBG2.TP2~ 0 0 // Tsuki BG2 NPC: BETA1 BWP Fix
00004: ~HANNA/HANNA.TP2~ 3 1 // Expanded De´Arnise Keep: v2.4 BWP Fix
00005: ~TEDDY/SETUP-TEDDY.TP2~ 0 0 // Teddy - a half orkisch barbarian
00006: ~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ 0 15 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns: v3.1
00007: ~TELEPORT/TELEPORT.TP2~ 1 0 // Teleport spell for BG2:SoA: v14 BWP Fix
00008: ~VECNA/SETUP-VECNA.TP2~ 0 0 // Vecna: v23 BWP Fix
00009: ~W_PACKMULE/SETUP-W_PACKMULE.TP2~ 1 0 // Pack Mule -> Standard saddlebags
00010: ~XPMOD/SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 16 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%: 7
00011: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00012: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

Edited by Chevalier, 18 September 2016 - 08:16 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev