Photo

General Discussion

bgee sod bg2ee golems iwdee

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

Looks much better.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#22 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

You already know my opinion: +1 with The Imp. ;)

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#23 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:04 AM

New version: Golem Construction for Spellcasters v2.4

Changes in v2.4:

• Added French translation (big thanks to Gwendolyne)
  • Added new creature animations for Flesh Golems
  • Added option of listing learned golem types to construction dialog
  • Added customized ground icons for a number of items
  • Worked around an issue of not having a weapon equipped after being released from Imprisonment
  • Fixed a bug which removed yellow tint from enemy brain golems after death
  • Traified two remaining dialog lines
  • More fixes and minor improvements

The Flesh Golem screenshot in the first post of this topic has been updated.

#24 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hi, im a bit confused about readme :( Im currently at BGEE part with EET.. and Im not able to find some info I need so I ask here :) Where do I find the golem manual?

#25 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

There are no golem manuals in BGEE. You have to proceed to the Siege of Dragonspear campaign first. One of them can already be found in the opening dungeon of SoD.

#26 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:22 AM

Hi again, I have to ask, where are all of those tomes which can teach me golem constructing? I found up to volume 3 + maggot golem during the siege of dragonspear part, I understand that rest are found during SoA or ToB? Or did I miss some books?

#27 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:52 AM

No, you didn't miss any in SoD.

Volumes 4 and 5 can be found somewhere in SoA as well as ToB. Volume 6 is a bit more difficult to acquire. Many tomes can also be purchased from various merchants. Later in ToB you will also meet a certain merchant who deals with golem specific stuff. Exotic tomes are more difficult to come by, usually only one instance per volume for the whole game.

#28 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:09 AM

what do you mean, you mean i have to start over new whole game to find more exotic books? :)

#29 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

No. You can find all exotic golem tomes in a single run. But in many cases you will find only a single instance of each volume, so that only one mage in your party can learn from it. It should't really be a problem unless you replace party members regularly.

#30 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:00 AM

New version: Golem Construction for Spellcasters v3.0

This release provides full IWD:EE support. You can build the majority of golem types that can be found in the BG2EE part of the mod. Some golem types have been removed because of setting and time period reasons (for example, Wild Magic was mainly a byproduct of the Time of Troubles, therefore Magic Golems don't exist yet in IWD:EE). Golems are generally slightly weaker than in BG2EE, but in return they can be built much earlier. You can find out more details in the document "golem_information-iwdee.txt".

Second feature is a component that adds effect to spells specifically for golems. For example, high level fire-based spells can heat up iron golems so they can deal fire damage for a time. Other spells can even change the nature of golems (e.g. Flesh to Stone can transform a flesh golem into a stone golem). More information can be found in the documents "golem_information.txt" or "golem_information-iwdee.txt".

Full changelog:

• Added content for IWD:EE
  • Added new Tweaks component "Make golems vulnerable to specific spell effects"
  • Added new Tweaks component "Reduce weapon immunities and resistances for constructed golems"
  • Added new spell "Banish Golem Spirit"
  • Added German voice files for Nym
  • Added script fixer to construction dialog in case of problems with max. number of golem followers
  • Fixed stats and attributes of several golem types and variants
  • Many more smaller fixes and improvements

#31 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:06 AM

hi, where do I find manual 4? I have already 1-3 + maggot, bone and brain I guess. I have also found 5th, but fourth?

#32 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:19 AM

hi, where do I find manual 4? I have already 1-3 + maggot, bone and brain I guess. I have also found 5th, but fourth?

You can find one copy in SoA:

Spoiler

You can also find more copies in ToB:
Spoiler

#33 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

New version: Golem Construction for Spellcasters v3.1

Changes:

• Fixed incorrect path to IWDEE-specific lines of text from English to the selected language

The previous release (v3.0) pointed to the wrong file for IWDEE-specific lines of text for French, German and Polish. English installations were not affected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Argent77, 03 February 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#34 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:58 AM

This is a quick preview about what I'm currently planning for the next release:

Spoiler

#35 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

hi, that looks cool :) I have one question, how to make adamantite bars? Wish grants me only adamantite ore, is this the right item?

#36 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

Looks like the golem tome is still using the term "adamantine bar". Everything should have been replaced by "adamantine ore" by now. I will fix it with the next release.

#37 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:39 AM

ok thanks :)

#38 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

and one drop from solar or fallen solar blood? I find this where?

#39 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

and one drop from solar or fallen solar blood? I find this where?
You can
Spoiler

#40 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

well he hasnt drop that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bgee, sod, bg2ee, golems, iwdee