twelff hundo

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#81 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

You made the right choice ;)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#82 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

Here's a (probably boneheaded) question I've been meaning to ask: if we have both the Small Places and the Restoration Project mods, should we install only one of the two mods, or can both be installed together without problems? IOW, does Restoration Project render Small Places obsolete/redundant?

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#83 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, it does make AESP redundant and completely useless. I wanted to remove the fiels from the site but there's no way to. :( Also, AESP uses the old random tables which were proven to screw up  random drops. Install ARP only.

#84 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

And speaking of redundant, version 4.1 is redundant to version 4.2, which I just put up, and it adds a way to open the front door to the Yaga-Shura's second level crib. :)

im literally on fire today

Edited by Almateria, 17 May 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#85 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, it does make AESP redundant and completely useless. I wanted to remove the fiels from the site but there's no way to. :(

Well, if you contact the site admins with PMs, they can direct you towards victory(or to people to contact), and they can delete things as they have the permissions that you don't. Of course they might be a little busy, so don't except very fast results. And you should be able to edit the first post in this thread to reflect the change.

Edited by The Imp, 17 May 2014 - 05:44 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#86 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sweet, thanks! This is just in time for my latest "everything but the kitchen sink" manual megamod install.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#87 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hey,
so I was playing your mod.

First, the tent you restored in trademeet. Any chance you could add a more "meaningful" encounter? I guess that for one time, the exchange between you - the daughter - the mother can be good, but I fail to understand why they got a cache of "I don't know how many potions"? - that's why I said that maybe a quest is a good choice, if you wish to give the player so many of these potions.

Another thing. I wanted to see the new area you added, the one where the slayer change take form. I went into the north forest,and from there I tried to travel north,  - by the way, isn't north where you would spawn anyway when coming from whatever location? - I wasn't able to find that location you have added. Well, anyway, I used the clua console to transport to this area, there are the three heads talking and they say awaken. But I get no slayer change, and I fail to realize how can I use these heads.

Am I basically supposed to meet these only after I've undergone the slayer changes?

Edited by Sergio, 24 May 2014 - 02:59 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#88 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

You are correct in the fact that by adding the potions to an occupied tent creates an actual problem which is, why those potions are there. I didn't think about it as a whole, and will move the potions somewhere else. Becky and Diane stay though because it is the perfect place. Quests are a bit outside of my scope.

As for the slayer change area, I'm currently having a crisis of faith about it. I'll probably retool it to be a dream instead, you know? But anyway, the test is supposed to only proceed while under the effect of the slayer change, which is normally occuring only after clearing spellhold. Because that's when the forest unlocks.

e: I'm currently on my way to my mom's home where I actually have a windows machine so expect some resolution soon

Edited by Almateria, 25 May 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#89 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

You are correct in the fact that by adding the potions to an occupied tent creates an actual problem which is, why those potions are there. I didn't think about it as a whole, and will move the potions somewhere else. Becky and Diane stay though because it is the perfect place. Quests are a bit outside of my scope.

As for the slayer change area, I'm currently having a crisis of faith about it. I'll probably retool it to be a dream instead, you know? But anyway, the test is supposed to only proceed while under the effect of the slayer change, which is normally occuring only after clearing spellhold. Because that's when the forest unlocks.

e: I'm currently on my way to my mom's home where I actually have a windows machine so expect some resolution soon

Well, I'll wait for the new incarnation of your mod before starting to play again :D <3

#90 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

Welcome! To ARP v5!

Changes in this version consist of:

• A full no-bullshit dream+area version of the Slayer Test Area
  • Like EIGHT new dialogs with various people around, including two that actually influence your Quest situation
  • TWO new items that will put a brand new spin on your adventure!
  • A banter! With Viconia! An hour after getting your soul jacked!
  • A new spin on the Slayer Shapechange that will twist your knickers!
  • Jesus Christ!

This is it. The definite uber-version of Almateria's Restoration Project. I can think of liiike two more things to be added but one is pointless, and the second would break Jaheira's questline hardcore. So no. But this is it.

Edited by Almateria, 28 May 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#91 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

Thanks! <3

By the way, you called your mod restoration. May I ask if everything you've added was already in-game, although maybe it was scrapped and you just put it together in a coherent and good way?

#92 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

Most of it was in-game, it it was a matter of completing loose wires. The exceptions were:

- Description of the vampire in Mind Flayer Dungeon

- First line of Viconia's Banter

- Petr's dialog

- Basically all the dialog in the Earth Plane. The remnants of what was supposed to be didn't give enough space to make a coherent plot.

- I had to have a new map created for the Earth Plane because I thought that keeping the cabin was really lazy.

Also, whenever a new background character is added, he's a copy of a different character. A standard procedure, really, because creating cres is a pain in the butt. All other dialogues, sounds, cutscenes, items and areas were already there.

#93 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Ok, thank you for explaining everything ;)

#94 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Just in case you are running out of ideas for this mod...

There are a lot of unused resources for the Planar Sphere quest, especially for the part on the abyssal plane:

The Lea'liyl (OBSDEM01.CRE) on the abyssal plane has an interesting (albeit very short) dialog which is never triggered by its script.

The quest also provides two more unused creature files:

• OBSDEM02.CRE: A Mane (a tanar'ri that looks like a ghoul). It has a nasty surprise prepared when it dies.
  • OBSDEM05.CRE: A Nabassu that sneaks into the sphere while you're busy collecting demon hearts. He'll taunt you before he does what all demons do (apparently).

#95 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

May I ask what is the

<<You can now resign from doing the job for Alibakkars or Lurraxols and pick a different side.>>

Please, make it a spoiler, I've got to admit that I played the quest and I was unable to see this "different" side? O.o?

#96 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hardly a spoiler! One side is Alibakkars, the second are the Lurraxols. Also there's the mayor.

#97 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hardly a spoiler! One side is Alibakkars, the second are the Lurraxols. Also there's the mayor.

Wait, but these were already in the vanilla game ...

isn't telling

<< You can now resign from doing the job for Alibakkars or Lurraxols and pick a different side. >>

kinda misleading, as the third way (the major) was already in the game? I assumed there was a forth way that I missed.

Or maybe you are referring to a dialogue \dialogue choice that I may have missed?

Edited by Sergio, 28 May 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#98 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Uh, no, I meant that if you've picked a side in this quest, you are locked. You couldn't change your mind before, and now you can.

Anyway I added Argent77's findings to the mod! Actually I did that like an hour ago, but a certain someone decided that a literal ass end of the flat is a great place for a terrible router so now I have little to no reception in this room. Thanks idiot. What I wanted to say is that since I can't use InfExp when I'm not in my mom's flat I'm basically doomed to add what people found already. And nobody has said a word about those demons ever before so well. :x I don't really have the time to spent hours finding new stuff so the update's are gonna slow down. See you in 2022 with v6 (it is a UB joke)

#99 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

Uh, no, I meant that if you've picked a side in this quest, you are locked. You couldn't change your mind before, and now you can.

Anyway I added Argent77's findings to the mod! Actually I did that like an hour ago, but a certain someone decided that a literal ass end of the flat is a great place for a terrible router so now I have little to no reception in this room. Thanks idiot. What I wanted to say is that since I can't use InfExp when I'm not in my mom's flat I'm basically doomed to add what people found already. And nobody has said a word about those demons ever before so well. :x I don't really have the time to spent hours finding new stuff so the update's are gonna slow down. See you in 2022 with v6 (it is a UB joke)

- Ah thanks. Now, it is clear.

- I'm going to kiss you in the cheek if you add new content before 2022. You see, on 2022, I would be rich, living in a island I bought, exploring the wilderness - and I won't be able to play baldur's gate.

#100 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

We shall see~

But honestly life would be lots easier if I had a Coding Crew like the UB dudes who'd snoop around in the files and report cool stuff. Oh well. Also really sorry for the unclear directions in the readme, I'm really bad at giving formal directions or selling stuff. It's a huge stream of consciousness for me

Edited by Almateria, 28 May 2014 - 03:44 PM.