366 replies to this topic

#81 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:06 AM

words removed about a spam post eariler

Apparently that was a bit of nastiness.

Gwen you can remove this post too

Edited by Sir-Kill, 18 April 2021 - 05:19 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#82 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

Do you think the Unlimited Off-hand component would work with LadeJarl's Tutu GUI on BGT?
I'd also like to know if someone has been successful using some components of this modification together with TuTuGUI
I see what TutuGUI is popular, i'll post with detailed info about compatibility with this GUI Mod.
If nothing works, I'll change Impoved GUI to be compatible with TutuGUI.

#83 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:02 PM

Hello!

Do you think the Unlimited Off-hand component would work with LadeJarl's Tutu GUI on BGT?
I'd also like to know if someone has been successful using some components of this modification together with TuTuGUI
I see what TutuGUI is popular, i'll post with detailed info about compatibility with this GUI Mod.
If nothing works, I'll change Impoved GUI to be compatible with TutuGUI.

Thanks!

Much appreciated.

#84 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:58 AM

Amazing!

Thank you, Insomniator.

#85 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:04 AM

Do you think that it is possible to have an "always-on" choice or remembering player in-game choice for the component ~900 // Grayscale background on Pause~ ?
When you start the game, this component is always on off.
It is possible, i will add new option to installer selectable "Enable grayscale background On by default"

Thanks a lot mate.

By the way, I have tested the component 11. Show NPC's active effects on right mouse click - It causes CTD when you right click on a door and maybe on any others animated objects.

#86 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:19 AM

Updated to 3.14: Added: TutuGUI compatibilty, Grey Background's Auto On/Auto Off installation options

Now compatible with TutuGUI, BG2 Impoved GUI need install last. If TutuGUI installed, "THAC0 & Damage Info" option will be skipped because TutuGUI's inventory screen has different layout, only this option is not finished

P.S. If anyone can nicely place "THAC0 & Damage Info" on TutuGUI's inventory screen - you will get this option enabled for TutuGUI too
tutugui.PNG

Edited by Insomniator, 23 April 2021 - 09:42 AM.

#87 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:22 AM

Hi TotoR

By the way, I have tested the component 11. Show NPC's active effects on right mouse click - It causes CTD when you right click on a door and maybe on any others animated objects.

Looks like a bug, thanks for the report, i will check

Edited by Insomniator, 22 April 2021 - 11:23 AM.

#88 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:42 PM

Brilliant stuff, Insomniator!

Thank you once again for ensuring compatibility with TutuGUI :)

#89 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:41 AM

Looks like a bug, thanks for the report, i will check

It really was a bug, fixed in v3.15

#90 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 10:18 AM

Auto On/Auto Off installation options -- nice, thanks

It really was a bug, fixed in v3.15 -- and easy.

Great work ! Thanks a lot

#91 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:34 AM

Insomniator, this mod is great.  Can you make UI Scaling possible for higher resolutions?

Edited by Arthas, 24 April 2021 - 12:34 AM.

#92 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:47 AM

Hi Arthas

Insomniator, this mod is great.  Can you make UI Scaling possible for higher resolutions?

If you explain/show what you mean "UI Scaling", i will answer

Main problem is absense of GUI images in highres, of couse we can upscale, but it looks not good

#93 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

Main problem is absense of GUI images in highres, of couse we can upscale, but it looks not good

There has been some research into this.  One example is here.  There was someone contributing to GemRB to allow it to handle such upscaled area tilesets.  You could get one of these people to upscale all the UI MOS and BAM files, but I guess you'd still need code to dynamically adjust all the CHU files accordingly.  An equally big problem is the paletted nature of those file formats:  there's a limit to how much detail you can actually retain.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#94 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:02 PM

how many are there? anyone have a list?
Live Free Or Die

#95 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:10 AM

Quick note about the component that lets you equip shields and off-hand weapons while two-handed weapons are equipped in the main hand.

Say you have a bow in your first slot, which you are wielding. In your second slot you have a long sword, and there's a shield in your off-hand slot.

When you switch from the bow to the sword, your character does not automatically also wield the shield; you need to go into the inventory screen and re-equip it.

Would it be possible to change this behavior so that switching to a one-handed weapon also automatically equips the off-hand slot?

#96 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

When you switch from the bow to the sword, your character does not automatically also wield the shield; you need to go into the inventory screen and re-equip it.

Would it be possible to change this behavior so that switching to a one-handed weapon also automatically equips the off-hand slot?

When switching from two-hand weapon to one-hand, shield/off-hand weapon is activated automaticaly. This works in inventory and main screen when pressign F2<->F3

Please recheck again, also check animation on game screen, you must see shield in hand after pressing F3

#97 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 05:17 AM

When switching from two-hand weapon to one-hand, shield/off-hand weapon is activated automaticaly. This works in inventory and main screen when pressign F2<->F3

Please recheck again, also check animation on game screen, you must see shield in hand after pressing F3

No dice. Even with the F2/F3 keys, shield does not get re-equipped until I do it manually.

I have a sizeable mod stack on my current playthrough so it might be due to an interaction between mods, although yours is among the very last I've installed so it should take precedence.

The only other mods I'm using that hack the exe are ToBEx and Infinity Animations. Perhaps restoring BG1 sprites with Infinity Animations causes this?

#98 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:42 PM

Phenomenal work as always, but these Windows sounds definitely need to go.

TADA.wav could be replaced with EFF_M72C.wav

FOLSTART.wav could be replaced with EFF_P22C.wav or EFF_P87.wav

#99 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 12:02 AM

Hi Andrea !

No dice. Even with the F2/F3 keys, shield does not get re-equipped until I do it manually.

The only other mods I'm using that hack the exe are ToBEx and Infinity Animations. Perhaps restoring BG1 sprites with Infinity Animations causes this?

Can you share weidu.log and one of savegame with broken off-hand shield ?

#100 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:30 AM

Heya!

I've attached my weidu.log and my latest save (it's a multiplayer game as I created two characters.)

Thank you for looking into this :)

Attached File  WeiDU.log   21.96K   92 downloads

Attached File  000000009-Main Save II.zip   209.09K   84 downloads