Bug Reports: Please Post Here

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

No problem! I'll admit that I don't know much about how these things work, but I like to help if I can. That's why I posted it.
By the way, the garlic is GREAT! Saved my hide plenty of times!

#62 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

:)

Thank you.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#63 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:00 PM

Heya, I want to try this mod, seems insteresting enough! However I've some questions:

Is there going to be a new realease ? If yes, when ? No need to be precise neither close to it.. just to have an ideia ^_^

In the current version for download, whats the status of the Inspector Aegis bug, also there seems to be some issues with the sound and bad time in some banters between Hublepot and Edwin or ER, and some conflicts with areas that also need to be used by other mods, like for example that thing with the Keto and the Five Flagons or the guy that isnt in the CC sometimes. Have you looked into any of it ?

I dont mean that any of these bugs are caused by Hublepot, neither that is your duty to correct it, only God knows what happens when you mix a lot of mods, but that doesnt mean whe can't try to get it fixed :)
...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#64 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

Is there going to be a new realease ? If yes, when ? No need to be precise neither close to it.. just to have an ideia  ^_^

There's been a few ideas for a new release, yes, but seeing as I'm now alone and Hubelpot not being my first (or my second or third) priority, I would say that the next version won't be possible until at least next year.

In the current version for download, whats the status of the Inspector Aegis bug, also there seems to be some issues with the sound and bad time in some banters between Hublepot and Edwin or ER, and some conflicts with areas that also need to be used by other mods, like for example that thing with the Keto and the Five Flagons or the guy that isnt in the CC sometimes. Have you looked into any of it ?

As far as I've gathered, none of these problems will break the game or make it unpossible to play the mod. There was indeed one or two minor problems with ER and Keto by the looks of it, but as far as I've gathered, those can be worked around. I'd refer to posts containing these problems, since I haven't encountered them myself.

Thanks for your interest. It makes me even more motivated to pursue working on it. :)

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#65 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for your interest. It makes me even more motivated to pursue working on it. :)

View Post

Glad to know, every mod is as good as the effort put into it, besides the chicks seem to like Hublepot a lot :)
...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#66 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

Sigh...don't know if this is a "bug" but I don't know what else to call it. I summoned Hub via the Fate Spirit and at the very end of TOB when the Solar comes and everyone puts in his or her 2 cents on whether you should ascend or not...Hub gives me his joining dialog and then nothing else can happen. Game stalled. I tried again and again. Even if I cntrl-y him, he raises and says his joining dialog again. I am simply unable to complete the game with him and see his Epilogue. :angry:
Has anyone ever had this happen? What can I do to see how all turns out with the lovable guy???

#67 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

Uh. Strange.

Very strange. I'll look into it one of these days.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#68 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Uh. Strange.

Very strange. I'll look into it one of these days.

No hurry. If I'm the only one this has happened to, then don't go thru the trouble. I have a lot of mods so that may be the problem...I'll just see if I can find out how people read dialog files and then see if I can find his Epilogue. Don't worry! Just continue working on Brythe! :)

#69 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

Is there going to be a new realease ? If yes, when ? No need to be precise neither close to it.. just to have an ideia ^_^

There's been a few ideas for a new release, yes, but seeing as I'm now alone and Hubelpot not being my first (or my second or third) priority, I would say that the next version won't be possible until at least next year.

*Raises hand

It's next year :) Has Hublepot moved up the list a bit? He's a great guy.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#70 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

I'm afraid there's no switch in priority. My first ambition is to release Khadion (who still is a long way off), after which we'll see. Work and other RL stuff is eating most of my time, currently... :(

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#71 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

I'm afraid there's no switch in priority. My first ambition is to release Khadion (who still is a long way off), after which we'll see. Work and other RL stuff is eating most of my time, currently... :(

I'd like to see Hublepot move up on the list someday. He's a truly unique character.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#72 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:57 AM

I agree. A lot of the enthusiasm for the development disappeared when BobTokyo went the way of the Dodo, though. :(

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#73 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

I agree. A lot of the enthusiasm for the development disappeared when BobTokyo went the way of the Dodo, though. :(

As in disappeared? Or, as in, um, extinct?

#74 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

Disappeared, not extinct.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#75 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

So would you be open to re-prioritizing Hublepot if a new group of workers could be assembled?

#76 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:30 PM

Definitely.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#77 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 08:14 AM

Definitely.

*Starts rolling up sleeves.

#78 Sophia

Sophia
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

This is likely due to the Tsujatha mod, but I thought you should know, anyway:

I installed the Tsujatha mod, and then uninstalled it after playing for a while. I then installed the Hubelpot mod. I've played this in the past with no problems. I found this time that when I cast the Sapient Staff spell, clicking on the staff and giving it instructions produced text taken from the Tsujatha mod.

As an aside, I find the Tonker to be very powerful. It took out the Master of Thralls by itself very easily. I don't mind, it was just more powerful than I expected a summoned item to be (compared with, say, Monster Summoning or the figurine of spider summoning.)

#79 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

Thanks!

Yes, the Sapient Staff seems to like borrowing lines from various other mods. We're looking into that.

By the way, if you'd like to play the latest version of Hubelpot, please PM one of us & we'll get you set with a password to the Beta-Testing forum.

#80 Hubelpot the Sage

Hubelpot the Sage
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:39 AM

I don't know whether this has happened to anyone else... but, I talked to Blake, then Miss Adams, killed Draconus (sp?) and went to the Five Flagons and...

Hamlish wasn't there. :WTF:

I don't know whether his file didn't get extracted right or what, but any input would be helpful.

~~H the S~~
Posted Image

"In matters of the heart, courage cannot overcome cowardice until I am honest with myself, until I admit the truth." -- Drizzt Do'Urden