Photo

General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#181 -Purple Girl-

-Purple Girl-

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Well maybe macho-man wasn't well put. At least he's not a man in robes, heheh
It's great you haven't given up on the project. I know it must take a lot of patience and constant work... There are so many mods that have just died in the process! I wouldn't like that to happen to this one.

#182 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:43 AM

I've come too far to be stopped now. Not by bugs, not by anyone. :) Some rather persistent bugs are slowing my progress, but I will crush them underfoot. Darian *is* ready for alpha testing as soon as I nail a couple more gremlin hides on my wall-at present, he is in-game and can join the party, but just doesn't talk at all. I'm assuming most alpha testers will intend to romance him or watch him romance Mazzy, but he's not even bantering at the moment. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#183 Insignificant Puppet

Insignificant Puppet
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:25 AM

I wish you good luck with your test run and release of Darian. I am looking forward to this quite a bit.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Hi'ill-Rei spiritual npc with romance and friendship option
Khan broken misguided evil warrior npc

In development at Blackwyrm lair.

#184 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

Buzz me sometime on msn if you need someone to help you with this banter issue :) or PM me if you don't have my MSN email.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#185 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hi, I have a quick question to ask. Darian won't romance a halfling PC?

#186 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

Ultimately, I decided against it-Darian isn't as xenophobic towards halflings as he is towards humans and other elves, and I think a Darian who's relatively accepting of Charname already doesn't make for as interesting a romance. Mazzy's something of a special case.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#187 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Oh, I was wondering what Mazzy had that pc didn't. It makes sense, I guess.

So... will he romance a dwarf pc then? :) Lot's of potential for conflict there. What, don't tell me Darian can't handle a woman with a beard?

#188 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

Not quite that way, but it would never occur to Darian that a female dwarf or gnome PC might be a woman. Darian is xenophobic and racist, remember-not his best attributes, but the idea of being attracted to a dwarf, a gnome, or a half-orc would never even make a blip on his radar.

#189 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:06 PM

Sigh... humans, elves, and half-elves get all the love again. No one wants to love my poor dwarf :(

Does Darian check for romances with other NPC mods like Solaufein, Tsujatha, and Kelsey, or would it be possible to run these romances concurrently?

#190 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

Does Darian check for romances with other NPC mods like Solaufein, Tsujatha, and Kelsey, or would it be possible to run these romances concurrently?

Usually - more and more often as a rule rather than an exception - all such checks are placed into Crossmod Banter Pack: Romance Conflicts component, at Gibberlings3. I usually request of other mod authors that they left Xan conflicts to Crossmod Banter Pack, as well - so that romance conflicts are 1) always up-to-date when new romances are added; 2) optional; 3) modders(read: me) don't have to deal with additional bug reports.

EDIT: if your dwarf is male, Nalia de'Arnise romance may work. If she's female, Kivan(G3) will gladly welcome her into his arms, if she's compassionate, and Angelo(G3), if she's pretty. Also, there's Solaufein, and Xan's friendship path which may end in romance in ToB, _if_ you so choose. And if you're playing a female dwarf(pretty, kind and wise) for Tutu/BGT, there's Gavin.

Edited by Kulyok, 18 February 2008 - 01:14 PM.

#191 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

For now, I'm using the cross-romance kill scripting the Crossmod Banter Pack made publicly available, but I'm planning on submitting Darian to the crossmod banter pack before his official release. I've been using the code blocks directly as given by the Banter Pack, though.

#192 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

Oh, so not install the Crossmod for concurrent romances and install it for no concurrent romances? Sounds good. I'm looking forward to this mod. I'm sick of playing female characters actually, but I'll be sure to whip one up again when Darian comes around.

EDIT: if your dwarf is male, Nalia de'Arnise romance may work. If she's female, Kivan(G3) will gladly welcome her into his arms, if she's compassionate, and Angelo(G3), if she's pretty. Also, there's Solaufein, and Xan's friendship path which may end in romance in ToB, _if_ you so choose. And if you're playing a female dwarf(pretty, kind and wise) for Tutu/BGT, there's Gavin.

Hmm, most of these I've already played and I'm not all that interested in Nalia. Angelo, you say? Sounds intriguing. Thanks, maybe I'll give it a whirl.

#193 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

I might actually keep the scripts installed except with those npc's whose authors state that they don't want me using the public code used to kill the romance scripts. For Darian to pursue a romance concurrently with someone else would be extremely out of character.

#194 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:22 PM

It'd be out of character for pretty much all NPCs to romance anyone concurrently I think. It's more for player convenience kind of thing - so you don't have to start a new game for each different romance. But I can understand if you don't want Darian to romance concurrently.

#195 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

Definitely sexy. Where's that belt of opposite gender :rolleyes:

#196 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

Do I even want to know why you want one?...

And work is still continuing, slowly. Globals are proving problematic.

#197 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Just now saw this up, and promptly downloaded for my next multi-mod install run. Looks very promising!

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#198 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

May I ask what is his alignment?

#199 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Linky linky. :)