• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

I just did the manual edit with some Check the Bodies masterwork throwing hammers (they stack up like throwing axes).

I'll add support for mod-added thrown hammers in the next version, which should be done shortly. And eh... BGT support too :whistling:. I noticed some resource naming issues that probably mean it won't even install on BGT (surprised there's been 33 downloads and no one's commented yet :blink:). Just needed to free up some hard drive space so I could install the thing...

I think I might also add some regular throwing hammers to shops that already sell throwing axes (and maybe +1 versions if those are available). A nice option for your dwarven clerics who don't want to break the rules, and anyone else who likes pounding things :).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

Merged the threads at Miloch's request. :cheers:

#23 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

Merged the threads at Miloch's request. :cheers:

Thanks to Miloch for the request. :)

And a big thanks to Sam, Miloch and Lord Delekhan for pulling this together. Been dreaming of this tweak for years.

BTW will this make a thrown hammer for the Spiritual Hammer spell? Or is that for version 2?

Edited by Azazello, 14 June 2008 - 09:33 AM.

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

BTW will this make a thrown hammer for the Spiritual Hammer spell? Or is that for version 2?

The spell doesn't actually have a projectile... but you're saying make the hammer (shammr.itm) it creates throwable? Hmm... it really should be, shouldn't it? This is part of the spell description from the PHB:

As long as the caster concentrates upon the hammer, it strikes at any opponent within its range, as desired. Each round the caster can choose to attack the same target as the previous round or switch to a new target that he can see anywhere within his maximum range.

I modded the Mjolnir projectile slightly to trail sparks and smoke. Also it happens to resemble the Spiritual Hammer BAM now that I look at it, so maybe it'd work for that too.
Posted Image
(One Noober down, one Edwin to go...)

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

The spell doesn't actually have a projectile... but you're saying make the hammer (shammr.itm) it creates throwable? Hmm... it really should be, shouldn't it?

I should have said the Divine Remix version of Spiritual Hammer, as that's the one which allows it to be thrown.

'Sparks and smoke', so sweet! Could we get something similar/same for Spiritual Hammer.

#26 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

Whoah! Great mod... so I've translated it, instantly. :)

Attached Files

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

Whoah! Great mod... so I've translated it, instantly. :)

Thanks, I'll add it to the next release (along with megamod support and "thrown Spiritual Hammers"). I might have a few more strings to translate, but probably nothing major.

#28 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

(One Noober down, one Edwin to go...)

Sweet!

I modded the Mjolnir projectile slightly to trail sparks and smoke.

Sweeter!

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#29 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

At the current state Thrown Hammers cannot be installed in a BGT megamod because of the .sto-files beginning with the underline _ (e.g. _sto4908.sto an so on.)
Is this the only problem or are there other things to change?

#30 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

At the current state Thrown Hammers cannot be installed in a BGT megamod because of the .sto-files beginning with the underline _ (e.g. _sto4908.sto an so on.)

Already noted in the first post on this page (#21 - see also post #27 for additional changes). I am recoding this to make it megamod compatible and will let the BWP folks know when it is.

@Azazello - it is Lost Crossroads SpellPackB4 that has a thrown Spiritual Hammer, not Divine Remix. Given the unlikelihood of most players having installed that massive beta (or installed it successfully in the right order as I mentioned here under item 19.06), I'll just patch the spell such that if it isn't already a projectile, it'll become one, with the thrown hammer animation either way.

#31 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Miloch, I use Lost Crossroads SpellPackB4 thrown Spiritual Hammer and would love to use this on my next install.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#32 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

The spell doesn't actually have a projectile... but you're saying make the hammer (shammr.itm) it creates throwable? Hmm... it really should be, shouldn't it?

I should have said the Divine Remix version of Spiritual Hammer, as that's the one which allows it to be thrown.

'Sparks and smoke', so sweet! Could we get something similar/same for Spiritual Hammer.

@Azazello - it is Lost Crossroads SpellPackB4 that has a thrown Spiritual Hammer, not Divine Remix. Given the unlikelihood of most players having installed that massive beta (or installed it successfully in the right order as I mentioned here under item 19.06), I'll just patch the spell such that if it isn't already a projectile, it'll become one, with the thrown hammer animation either way.

Thanks Miloch, I use Lost Crossroads SpellPackB4 thrown Spiritual Hammer and would love to use this on my next install.

yay! Hugs and Kisses and Puppies for Miloch!

#33 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

'Puppies'???

A Half-Orc like him he would likely eat them!!!! :crying:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#34 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

'Puppies'??? A Half-Orc like him he would likely eat them!!!

Yeah, my gf has a 100lb puppy I regularly consider spit-roasting. Might make for one or two meals if times get lean... :whistling:

#35 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:35 AM

Really good job on this, Sam&Miloch!

Thanks! :cheers:

P.S. Demivrgvs' Spell Revisions mod also makes the Spiritual Hammer strike at distance but I don't know if there is any animation for it.

#36 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

a 100lb puppy I regularly consider spit-roasting.

Pervert.

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

Pervert.

Keep your own perverse thoughts to yourself, deGuest :P.

#38 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

Any news about version 2, Miloch? :whistling:

#39 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

Any news about version 2, Miloch? :whistling:

You know full well what the 'news' is :P (that I'm working on it, and that it's going in a larger mod with other tweaks). If you want a hard ETA, I'm not really good at such estimates. Let's just say it's 'roughly imminent' <_<.

If, on the other hand, you just want a down-and-dirty version for BGT, I'm trying to reduce the miscellaneous snippets out there, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have some testing before it goes to production.

#40 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

Busted! :devil:

Yes, I knew all too well before posting but we were in another thread and in another community Forum so I just wanted to see news here, where they belong! :cheers:

Seriously, I didn't mean to force an ETA statement out of you, really.

I am waiting for BGT 1.06 (and Item Revisions) before playing some, I guess.

If for that time, a new version won't be out, I'll be back begging... :ph34r: