Thrown Hammers

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

This mod is awesome - but where can I find the returning throwing hammer supposed to be sold in shops? I believe I have found all other special magic items added by this mod, but not that one.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#122 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

This mod is awesome - but where can I find the returning throwing hammer supposed to be sold in shops? I believe I have found all other special magic items added by this mod, but not that one.

Which hammer, Gethlun's Hammer +2 (the blue one)?  Where it is depends on which game you are playing, and even then which store it ends up in is randomized.  In my EET game it is in 

Spoiler
The easiest way for you to find it may be to use NearInfinity and search for references to T-HAMM01.ITM.  With a bit more information about which game you are playing, I can give you a list of possible locations, or you can look in the TP2 yourself.  The code comments are helpful.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#123 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:39 AM

Which hammer, Gethlun's Hammer +2 (the blue one)?  Where it is depends on which game you are playing, and even then which store it ends up in is randomized.  In my EET game it is in 

Spoiler
The easiest way for you to find it may be to use NearInfinity and search for references to T-HAMM01.ITM.  With a bit more information about which game you are playing, I can give you a list of possible locations, or you can look in the TP2 yourself.  The code comments are helpful.

Thank you! I have since moved into SoD and BG2 though. I didn't actually know the stores were randomized, since all the other items were so close together I assumed they had set locations :)

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#124 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

Thank you! I have since moved into SoD and BG2 though. I didn't actually know the stores were randomized, since all the other items were so close together I assumed they had set locations :)

Nope. I'm sneaky like that. I liked to think randomization gave the game more replayability value, but in reality, it might just give it more "WtF" value. :D

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#125 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:05 PM

@Sam and @Miloch,

I just installed this on BG1:EE 2.5.17 w/ SoD, and the throwing hammer's description image is messed up. It appears as if only a quarter of the image is present. Looking at it in NI, it seems that T-DHAM03.BAM is a 4 frame bam rather than a one frame - perhaps this is the problem?

Also, any idea why the text is being progressively scaled smaller in the description? Other item descriptions don't do that, including those of comparable length.

edit: to muddy this further, the description .BAMS in the /hammers/bams folder display correctly, and NI shows them as having a single frame. Simply copying those into my override folder fixed this. Also, when I --change-log'd the offending .BAMs, only setup-hammers has touched them.

Udyoqpw.jpgAttached File  WeiDU.log   21.68K   478 downloads

Edited by agris, 13 November 2018 - 06:18 PM.

#126 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

If it helps, --change-log on the above item "T-HAMM03.ITM" shows that Tweaks Anthology v7 also touched it, with the Alter Weapon Profs (IWD + styles) and Increase Ammo Stack components.

#127 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

@Sam and @Miloch,

I just installed this on BG1:EE 2.5.17 w/ SoD, and the throwing hammer's description image is messed up. It appears as if only a quarter of the image is present. Looking at it in NI, it seems that T-DHAM03.BAM is a 4 frame bam rather than a one frame - perhaps this is the problem?

Also, any idea why the text is being progressively scaled smaller in the description? Other item descriptions don't do that, including those of comparable length.

edit: to muddy this further, the description .BAMS in the /hammers/bams folder display correctly, and NI shows them as having a single frame. Simply copying those into my override folder fixed this. Also, when I --change-log'd the offending .BAMs, only setup-hammers has touched them.

Udyoqpw.jpgattachicon.gifWeiDU.log

Sad panda...  Could you please post the Setup-hammers.debug file also?  I promise I'll add it to my to-do list, right after installing the latest patches from Beamdog.  If I haven't responded in a week, feel free to poke me again :blush: .

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#128 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

Could you please post the Setup-hammers.debug file also?

Sure, see attached. This omits the spiritual hammer component, since I install that after a lot of other mods tinker with the spells, and it doesn't involve the relevant bams.

Attached Files

#129 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

@Sam and @Miloch,

Udyoqpw.jpgattachicon.gifWeiDU.log

Sad panda...  Could you please post the Setup-hammers.debug file also?  I promise I'll add it to my to-do list, right after installing the latest patches from Beamdog.  If I haven't responded in a week, feel free to poke me again :blush: .

Could you please post the Setup-hammers.debug file also?
Sure, see attached. This omits the spiritual hammer component, since I install that after a lot of other mods tinker with the spells, and it doesn't involve the relevant bams.

Well, this is what it looks like on my clean SoD V2.5 game:

Baldr015.png

As for the different sized text, I think lefreut's Enhanced UI mod must be playing a role here.  The adorned letters and larger font size seems to match that mod:

gklga7mkcjkw.jpg

Why that font is only applying to part of the text, I have no idea but I don't think there is anything I can do about it.

As for the description image, as you say the t-dham03.bam that comes with Thrown Hammers is a single frame and seems to display fine.  However, when the darker SoD theme is detected, t-dham03.bam is overwritten with a copy of bddham03.bam to match the darker theme.  Looking at your DEBUG file, this was the case for you.  As can be seen in my screenshot it seems fine in my game.  Maybe a mod changed it in your game?  Would you mind running a change-log on bddham03.bam and mos1034.PVRZ?

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#130 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

As for the description image, as you say the t-dham03.bam that comes with Thrown Hammers is a single frame and seems to display fine.  However, when the darker SoD theme is detected, t-dham03.bam is overwritten with a copy of bddham03.bam to match the darker theme.  Looking at your DEBUG file, this was the case for you.  As can be seen in my screenshot it seems fine in my game.  Maybe a mod changed it in your game?  Would you mind running a change-log on bddham03.bam and mos1034.PVRZ?

Thanks for looking into this, A change log shows that nothing has affected either file. I checked a fresh copy of my BG+SoD, that I ran modmerge on, and bddham03 & 04 are both 4 frame images, carved up such that each frame is a quarter of the image. It seems as if the problem is in either SoD, or the modmerge tool.

Which begs the question: why does your image show correctly? Are you using something other than the 2.5.17 steam release?

Edited by agris, 18 November 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#131 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for looking into this, A change log shows that nothing has affected either file. I checked a fresh copy of my BG+SoD, that I ran modmerge on, and bddham03 & 04 are both 4 frame images, carved up such that each frame is a quarter of the image. It seems as if the problem is in either SoD, or the modmerge tool.

Which begs the question: why does your image show correctly? Are you using something other than the 2.5.17 steam release?

I'm using SoD v2.5.17.0 directly from Beamdog, no modmerge required.  I've heard there are issues with the BGEE incremental patch on GOG, but don't recall reading about any issues with Steam.  I could ship my own version of these description BAMs with the mod, but it would burn an entire PVRZ file for each one, and there is a limited number available so I'd rather not.  I could try converting them to BAM V1 instead, but if the V2 is using the alpha channel, the results won't be equal.  I'll try to investigate the options a bit more.

Edited by Sam., 18 November 2018 - 11:22 AM.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#132 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

Thrown Hammers v6.1.0 on GitHub
Changes since v6.0:
  • Improve SoD theme support
  • Fix issues with images in French readme
  • Update French translation (Gwendolyne) (v6.0.3)
  • Updated readme backend
  • Fix projectile assignment for EET (v6.0.2)
  • Corrected tooltip.2da column parsing bug (v6.0.1)
The most recent update should hopefully resolve the description icon issue on SoD v2.5 on Steam.  It should also (hopefully) add compatibility with lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) mod, but I haven't actually tested it.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#133 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:36 AM

It should also (hopefully) add compatibility with lefreut's Enhanced UI (BG1EE skin) mod, but I haven't actually tested it.

It works, thank you Sam!

#134 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:13 PM

is this mod compatible with item revisions ?

#135 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

is this mod compatible with item revisions ?

I've never used item revisions, and there is no code in the mod specifically tailored to IR.  Is it incompatible in any critical way?  I doubt it.  Beyond that, I really don't know.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#136 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

I've never used item revisions, and there is no code in the mod specifically tailored to IR.  Is it incompatible in any critical way?  I doubt it.  Beyond that, I really don't know.

Yeah, who cares. Heh, but seriously, I think I looked at IR for what there was during the first few releases of Hammers and tried to account for it if there was anything necessary. There might have been something of that nature with Thrown Spiritual Hammers (because at the time anyway, IR overwrote rather than patched all resources). It might be in the readme (which is where these days?) if there's an install order issue.

Edit: I should note that what I said might apply to Spell Revisions, not Item Revisions. There's probably no compatibility issue with the latter since Hammers installs its own named resources.

Edited by Miloch, 16 February 2019 - 01:17 PM.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#137 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

It might be in the readme (which is where these days?) if there's an install order issue.

English

French

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#138 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

Well then... "This mod should go after other mods that add or change hammers (including the Spiritual Hammer spell) and before final "biffing" routines. It should also go after mods that overwrite rather than patch game resources."

That means you should be fine as long as you install Hammers after Revisions.

Edit @Sam.: Regarding the PST incompatibility reference, could this theoretically be compatible with PST:EE? Haven't really looked at it, sort of doubt it (at least not without a fair bit of work), and it's probably not high priority. But you've probably got so many other things on your to-do list, why not add another? :D

Edited by Miloch, 20 February 2019 - 07:16 PM.

#139 Mordekaie

Mordekaie
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 09:26 AM

Is it still recommanded to install this mod (or at least the component "15 - Thrown Spiritual Hammers") after Spell Revisions ?

Edited by Mordekaie, 01 November 2022 - 10:03 AM.

#140 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:09 AM

Reported on discord by AshLancer:

Another random fact I came across: Thrown Hammers component Thrown Spiritual Hammers will glitch the Spiritual Hammer spell's damage to 0, if you install it before aTweaks' Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon. Make sure that Thrown Hammers component is installed AFTER aTweaks!

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes