Vault v7 Released

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#141 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

CREs in the Vault with SHOUT.BCS attached: GOLEMS.CRE, jc_drw01.cre, jc_drw04.cre,jc_drw05.cre, JC_GOL.cre, jc_mag01.cre, JC_THF03.CRE

Should all of them be de-shouted?

Also, wouldn't this be an issue with SCS's SHOUT.BCS modifications or something? (I think Beleg33 did test out the mod and all of its fights when he updated - probably without SCS :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#142 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:14 AM

CREs in the Vault with SHOUT.BCS attached: GOLEMS.CRE, jc_drw01.cre, jc_drw04.cre,jc_drw05.cre, JC_GOL.cre, jc_mag01.cre, JC_THF03.CRE

Also, wouldn't this be an issue with SCS's SHOUT.BCS modifications or something? (I think Beleg33 did test out the mod and all of its fights when he updated - probably without SCS :P)

That is what I tried to point out, the new SCS 6010 // Better calls for help seems to cause the problem - vault creatures shout for help from their companions but amnish soldiers react to same shout and turn hostile because of the added SCS code.

My de-assigning shout from vault creatures was not meant as proposed solution, just my local workaround. But SCS is still under development and has loads of issues still. (Currently for me it is really EXPERT status, I have to make local changes almost daily for SCS issues)

Edited by Roxanne, 10 October 2015 - 11:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#143 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:07 AM

Hi, is there a version with de-shouted CREs that I can drop into the override folder?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#144 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:09 AM

They should be in the bwpfixpack's vault/_copy folder

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#145 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

Isn't the problem here that the vault creatures and Amnish soldiers think they should help each other, not the shouts themselves?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#146 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:06 AM

Isn't the problem here that the vault creatures and Amnish soldiers think they should help each other, not the shouts themselves?

It's related. One yells the other answers, would they use other shout commands(aka essentially different scripts in this case) they wouldn't care what the other shouted... at most they would rush in and help the player instead, instead of going hostile on his %&¤#.

Edited by The Imp, 14 January 2016 - 06:40 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#147 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:08 AM

But why do they think they are allies? Does the scripting check alignment or neutral vs hostile status? Thinking we should patch them to be smarter about whom they help, instead of disabling the shouts completely.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#148 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:38 AM

But why do they think they are allies? Does the scripting check alignment or neutral vs hostile status?

Well, the creature behaves according to their assigned script.

The going hostile scripts are a bit tricky as the hostile scripts need to recruit the hostile and the neutral to action.

The fix is to make the different groups to use different scripts to never get involved with other groups actions. Aka assign the scripts correctly.

Edited by The Imp, 14 January 2016 - 07:33 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#149 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

They should be in the bwpfixpack's vault/_copy folder

Thanks there is only one and I went back to before the first encounter with the thief and played through and everyone still goes hostile.  :(  

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#150 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

heya, any back up download source for this mod? found only v5 on web, need v7.. :( help :(

thanks in advance! :*

#151 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

I have found 7.2a, hope it will be of use.

Attached Files

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#152 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Thx very much! :D I need it for Sandrah npc EET seems there is some nice content for it :)

sadly dont have any experience with instaling all mods and BiGWorld seems buggy a bit for me, I mean I cant use it properly so gonna try manual instalation all mods for sandrah :3

#153 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

Thx very much! :D I need it for Sandrah npc EET seems there is some nice content for it :)

sadly dont have any experience with instaling all mods and BiGWorld seems buggy a bit for me, I mean I cant use it properly so gonna try manual instalation all mods for sandrah :3

Vault is here

http://www.shsforums...attach_id=25651

but it is not yet updated for EET (although announced since long),

It is correct that Sandrah has (currently not useable) content with Vault, waiting for Vault to be available for EET,

If you install the current version of Vault, it will not work as it will not recognise EET references (especially the BG1 areas and dialogues).

You can install Sandrah without the Vault on EET, I have meanwhile implemented a contingency for some events that were originally linked to Vault (the hunt for the stolen book to enter Candlekeep).

PS - The BWS has not been updated since about 4 weeks since its maintainers are lost in planescape.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 April 2017 - 12:10 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#154 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

ah cool, well gonna wait for it to get updated or smt 

Maybe instal pre EE BG just to get it work ^^ was to long away from this amazing game :(

anyway off to Sandrah topic on forum, long night to read all stuff :) 

thanks for help!

#155 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

I have a patch that was available for a short period (i believe it was done by Kathos not sure)

i only have added uptodate cpmvar library and charsets patching for EET

Attached File  Vault_v7.2a cross-platform+polish+ee patch+cpmvar.zip   2.31MB   235 downloads

Edited by Ikki, 19 April 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#156 -allk-

-allk-

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:28 AM

how is vault currently? Does it work well for 'normal' (non-ee) BG?

#157 -darren-

-darren-

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:13 AM

#158 -Guts-

-Guts-

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Is there a walkthrough of this mod? I cannot find it anywhere, I'm lost after finding Zertran a second time in the Friendly Arm Inn. 

#159 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

Is there a walkthrough of this mod? I cannot find it anywhere, I'm lost after finding Zertran a second time in the Friendly Arm Inn. 

Go to Nashkel. It is written in your journal.

The Sandrah Saga

#160 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:11 AM

I don't remember where that comes from. This is not quide per se, but rather a report of a player in progress, but at least he get further than you :)
Spoiler

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)