46 replies to this topic

#41 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:54 AM

Hello Sam!

Thanks a lot!

It did work although I am not sure I understand how it does since you said you only tweaked the Description BAM section while my problem was with the BMP to Inventory BAM operation? :)

Thank you also for the advice about the BMP format. I did want to use the full palette but GIMP automatically forced a truncated palette when I changed mode from RGB to Indexed.

You're right, I meant the Inventory BAM section.  I'll try to find time to fix the rest sometime today.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- <charname> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

Posted Image
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#42 Salk

Salk
  • 1182 posts

Donator

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

Thanks a lot, Sam! ;)

#43 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 930 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hello Sam!

Thanks a lot!

It did work although I am not sure I understand how it does since you said you only tweaked the Description BAM section while my problem was with the BMP to Inventory BAM operation? :)

Thank you also for the advice about the BMP format. I did want to use the full palette but GIMP automatically forced a truncated palette when I changed mode from RGB to Indexed.

You're right, I meant the Inventory BAM section.  I'll try to find time to fix the rest sometime today.

I have ported the fix to the other components but haven't tested it thoroughly.  Let me know if you run into any more problems and I'll take a look.

Attached File  BGRs fix full (20170121.zip   5.79K   14 downloads

(As a note-to-self, I really need to merge the various fixes and put all this on GitHub sometime...)

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

Posted Image

CA Forums CA Homepage

#44 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 930 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

(As a note-to-self, I really need to merge the various fixes and put all this on GitHub sometime...)

And done: BAM Batcher on GitHub.  All of the fixes posted in this forum have been incorporated (plus a couple more of my own), but again I haven't tested the end result extensively so post here if it catches on fire.  Also, I didn't bother to update the readme.

--------------------

Posted Image

CA Forums CA Homepage

#45 Salk

Salk
  • 1182 posts

Donator

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

Thanks again!

I wish I could return the kindness somehow...

#46 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6339 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

See the second to last item in the mod's FAQ. I guess this applies to him now since he's been updating the mod, and also since he already got me a bottle... (You'd think the least I could do is update my own mod in return, but hey, times are tough :o.).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger." -Billy Connolly

#47 Salk

Salk
  • 1182 posts

Donator

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

See the second to last item in the mod's FAQ. I guess this applies to him now since he's been updating the mod, and also since he already got me a bottle... (You'd think the least I could do is update my own mod in return, but hey, times are tough :o.).

I'll have you two drink together but how does it happen in practice? It is not that I can send a bottle of scotch from here... :)

Reply to this topic