Photo

NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1155 replies to this topic

#221 -Creepin unplugged-

-Creepin unplugged-

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

Thanks a lot Argent77, that explains everything perfectly :)

#222 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Nevermind

Edited by Wisp, 19 May 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#223 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140520

Lots of changes:

• Dropped support for Neverwinter Nights and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
  • Added "Export as Windows executable" option to the MVE (movie) resource viewer
  • Greatly improved text editor:
    • Optional line numbers, whitespace and line break markers (enable via menu Options->Text Editor)
    • Optional syntax highlighting support for GLSL, SQL, BCS/BS/BAF resources and script code in DLG resources (enable via menu Options->Text Editor->"BSC and BAF" or "Misc. Resource Types"->Enable Syntax Highlighting)
    • Optional code folding support for GLSL and BCS/BS/BAF resources (enable via menu Options->Text Editor->"BSC and BAF" or "Misc. Resource Types"->Enable Code Folding)
    • Apply color schemes to syntax highlighted file formats. You can choose from a small selection of available color schemes (selectable in menu Options->Text Editor->"BSC and BAF" or "Misc. Resource Types"->Color scheme)
    • Undo and redo available via popup menu (in most cases) or os-specific keyboard shortcuts
    • Fixed a bug in "Save" function that produced messed up line breaks under certain conditions. It now correctly produces line breaks native to the current operating system. "Export" will still save the files without making any changes.
  • Lots of minor (and not so minor) bugfixes

The color scheme support for the new text editor component is very flexible and extensible. If you've got a talent for designing awesome color schemes and want to contribute one to NearInfinity, you can PM me for further information.

#224 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

Wow! :)

What a great idea to bring syntax highlighting to NearInfinity. I have been using your WeiDU Highlighter Light for NP++ as well. Thank you!

#225 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Is it that I missed something or there's no option in NI to export bcs being viewed as baf?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#226 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Is it that I missed something or there's no option in NI to export bcs being viewed as baf?

NI can export BCS resources as both BCS and BAF. Click on the "Export" button and select "script code" for exporting as BCS or "script source" for exporting as BAF.

#227 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Once again thanks for the fast reply Argent77!

It took quite some time for me to figure out how to access this selection you mentioned. Apparently, there's 3 ways to export file, from under "file" tab, by RClick on file name, and by using icon below file content, and only third option offers me this choice. As I habitually used only first two options of exporting files I've got an impression that there's no native way to extract baf :)

Edited by Creepin, 21 May 2014 - 11:02 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#228 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

It took quite some time for me to figure out how to access this selection you mentioned. Apparently, there's 3 ways to export file, from under "file" tab, by RClick on file name, and by using icon below file content, and only third option offers me this choice. As I habitually used only first two options of exporting files I've got an impression that there's no native way to extract baf :)

Sorry, but like Argent77 said, the script source is the .baf file. Of course if you don't use a mouse it get's harder.

But if you are habitually doing things, you can use the windows copy paste function, where you select the .baf files content you wish to export (by highlighting it), and then just Ctrl + C to copy and then Ctr + V to write it in a text file or renamed .txt file as the .baf file, and you are set.

Edited by The Imp, 21 May 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#229 Balquo

Balquo
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

I've noticed one annoying issue. If you extend the bcs folder and search for Neera by typing "nee" it will ignore it because it's lowercase. Is that possible to fix?

#230 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

I've noticed one annoying issue. If you extend the bcs folder and search for Neera by typing "nee" it will ignore it because it's lowercase. Is that possible to fix?

Erhm, what are you talking about ? Using the NearInfinity v1.33.w1.3 here... in case it makes a difference(unlikely).

Cause there's a "Match Case" function in the Search -> Text Search -> BCS ->  "Find in all BCS files" you can disable, as well as in the Search -> StringRef, but that's it. Disable the tag, as you must have enabled it at one point.

Edited by The Imp, 21 May 2014 - 11:15 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#231 Balquo

Balquo
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:03 AM

This has nothing to do with the search function but merely expanding the folders and searching manually by typing what you're looking for. If you have BGII:EE loaded then open the BCS folder and type "neera". Notice it lands on raelis.bcs

#232 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

I can reproduce this issue. It only affects resource names with lowercased letters (and BG(2)EE introduced a lot of lowercased resource names). I'll try to find a solution.

#233 Balquo

Balquo
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Containers 0x0028 bit 6 is now in use. If flagged, it prevents items from disappearing; so items in piles will stay around forever. It’s call “Don’t clear” in dltcep.

#234 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

Thanks. Will be added in the next release.

PS: The quicksearch issue in the resource tree has also been fixed.

#235 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Could you elaborate? Afaik, NearInfinity ignores the 'hidden' attribute of files and folders.

#236 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Did you manually apply the hidden attribute to your chitin.key? I haven't encountered it in any of my game installations. Afaik, there isn't any benefit by setting the hidden attribute for this file.

The open dialogs in NearInfinity make use of the global options as defined in the Windows Explorer 'Folder Options'. I don't think it is feasible to manually override the system settings in that regard since NI is coded to be platform-independent. Your best bet is to either remove the hidden attribute from your chitin.key or globally enable to show hidden files in the Windows Explorer options dialog.

#237 -Copycat-

-Copycat-

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hello there.

I have just downloaded the latest version of NI. The program opens up just fine, but then an error hits: Error reading dialog.tlk

I'm trying to get it to work for BG2EE. I've tried to google the problem and look trough some forums but cant find a solution to my problem anywhere.

I've downloaded a dialog.tlk file but unsure what to do with it do make things work anyway.

The error happens when i start to click around in the program in almost anything i try and do.

I'd appreciate any advice or help you can offer. But please be detailed in your help as i'm not very good at these kind of things.

#238 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Hello there.

I have just downloaded the latest version of NI. The program opens up just fine, but then an error hits: Error reading dialog.tlk

The newest version should get around this, but if you wish to use the older ones, then you just open the game folder, and then go to the \lang\en_US\ -subfolder and copy paste the dialog.tlk to the main directory that has the chitin.key file.

This of course supposes that you use the English dialog file...

Edited by The Imp, 04 June 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#239 -Copycat-

-Copycat-

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

You saved my day! Thank you very much :)

#240 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

Wierd 'feature' I noticed just now:

- Edit an ARE

- Open a Container (container window opens)

- Change lock difficulty to some new value

- With the Lock difficulty field still in edit mode (with the blinking cursor) close the container window

- Save ARE

- Open ARE again

- Check container lock difficulty

You'll notice it hasn't saved your new value :P In order for it to reflect, you'll have to remove focus from the container lock difficulty field (click any other field) before you close the container window. I'm using the NearInfinity-20140520.zip archive.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod