Photo

NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

#181 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

Yes, I need to make the window taller before all items on the right are displayed correctly. I think it's best to trim some of the spaces between the checkbox items. The texts in the Visual State category also seem farther apart compared to the other items.

#182 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Trimming excess spaces only saves about 100 pixels (at most). I'll try to think of a better way to display the sidebar controls.

Edited by Argent77, 08 March 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#183 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140309

More updates for the area viewer:

• New layout of the sidebar on the right. The controls are now arranged in a tree structure which makes it easier to use on lower screen resolutions.
  • Using a new renderer for drawing maps. It should (theoretically) use less memory and may improve overall performance.

Feel free to test the new release and post your comments, bug reports or suggestions.

#184 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Loving the updates for NI, Argent77; the addition of EE support is very welcome.

A bug report though--using NI's 'Tools > Check > For Illegal ResourceRefs' turned up about 50k hits on an EE development build, mainly because it was reporting false positives of fields set to 'None'.

I had mentioned this to Wisp in passing as a feature request--while I don't like DLTCEP's handling of multiple game setups, one thing I do like is the ability to give names to various installs. Right now when I use NI the five recent games in the Game menu are usually labeled identically and I have to hover to see the path to tell them apart. It'd be nice to have some mechanism to give them a nickname to differentiate them (e.g. BGEE Nightly, BGEE Pure, BGEE Cam's Breaking Stuff, etc.). I'd also like to see the menu extended past five entries, though I doubt too many folks have the 20+ IE installs that I do. :)

Another thing that I'd love to see is for NI to automatically show the script name of a spell. So when I open sppr101.spl, it'd be nice to have an extra 'script name: CLERIC_BLESS (1101)' on the View tab for spells in the special SPCL/SPIN/SPPR/SPWI name spaces. Even more to the point, it's be nice if the 'Edit > Find > References to this file' included the script name when searching for references in scripts and dialogues.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#185 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

A bug report though--using NI's 'Tools > Check > For Illegal ResourceRefs' turned up about 50k hits on an EE development build, mainly because it was reporting false positives of fields set to 'None'.

Will be fixed in the next snapshot.

I had mentioned this to Wisp in passing as a feature request--while I don't like DLTCEP's handling of multiple game setups, one thing I do like is the ability to give names to various installs. Right now when I use NI the five recent games in the Game menu are usually labeled identically and I have to hover to see the path to tell them apart. It'd be nice to have some mechanism to give them a nickname to differentiate them (e.g. BGEE Nightly, BGEE Pure, BGEE Cam's Breaking Stuff, etc.). I'd also like to see the menu extended past five entries, though I doubt too many folks have the 20+ IE installs that I do. :)

We've planned to implement this feature along with a new game id design, as the current system breaks compatibility with older NI releases under certain circumstances (the main reason why there is no official 1.35 release yet). This rewrite heavily affects the fundamental design of NI though, so it'll take some time to be implemented.

Another thing that I'd love to see is for NI to automatically show the script name of a spell. So when I open sppr101.spl, it'd be nice to have an extra 'script name: CLERIC_BLESS (1101)' on the View tab for spells in the special SPCL/SPIN/SPPR/SPWI name spaces. Even more to the point, it's be nice if the 'Edit > Find > References to this file' included the script name when searching for references in scripts and dialogues.

Good idea...and noted here and there.

Edited by Argent77, 14 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#186 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Loving the updates for NI, Argent77; the addition of EE support is very welcome.

Can this have anything related to this ??? Or distantly related stuff... cause if the created resources are not done with the common editors, there might be a problems on that editors side. Not that I know any of this stuff.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#187 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Can this have anything related to this ??? Or distantly related stuff... cause if the created resources are not done with the common editors, there might be a problems on that editors side. Not that I know any of this stuff.

No, this bug is a regression after I've changed the behavior of the datatype that handles resource references some time ago.

#188 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140315

Lots of improvements:

• BAM resource viewer: Improved loading speed and animations take center information into account (i.e. no more jumping animations)
  • MOS and TIS resource viewers: Improved performance and reduced memory consumption
  • Area Viewer:
    • Better performance of animated overlays and background animations (on multi-core systems)
    • Added support for the "Is active" flag of background animations (can be overriden by a viewer settings option). Icons will be grayed out and actual animations will only show an empty frame for inactive background animations
    • Added support for context menu keys on keyboards (that have one) to trigger popup menus if the mouse cursor is over one of the layer objects on the map
  • And many more bugfixes and improvements under the hood

Feel free to test the new release and post your comments, bug reports or suggestions.

#189 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140318

This update fixes a major bug in the BAM converter (found under Tools->Convert) that caused to create incomplete BAM v2 files under certain circumstances.

#190 Luren

Luren
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Many thanks for your great job, Argent77 !

I've tested NI_beta20140318 multiscreen and it's work fine. No more problems beetwen the two screens and the area viewer.

Thanks again !

Edited by Luren, 19 March 2014 - 11:46 AM.

banniere_small1.jpg

#191 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Glad to see this is still being updated.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#192 Balquo

Balquo
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

BGEE now allows you to select how much reputation you gain/lose in the .cre.

0x7f - for killing that specific CRE
0x80 - for the CRE joining the party
0x81 - for that CRE leaving the party

Would be nice if NI showed that :)

#193 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the information. Will be added in the next update.

#194 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140325

Changes:

• BAM resource viewer: "Export..."->"All frames as PNG" now preserves the original palette for BAM v1 files.
  • A couple of minor enhancements and bugfixes (e.g. proper multi-screen support for area viewer and new BG(2)EE-related fields in CRE resource)

#195 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Would it be possible to implement something that lets you compare 2 files? :P Something like WinMerge but for IE binary file formats.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#196 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Would it be possible to implement something that lets you compare 2 files? :P Something like WinMerge but for IE binary file formats.

From memory (at least two years ago), I almost thought that NIDigGen (and a download) might do something along the lines of what you wanted, but after finding it again and looking at it, I'm not so sure.  Might be worth a look anyway.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#197 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:29 AM

Sounds like an interesting feature. I'll add it to the list, but I can't promise anything.

#198 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140416

Lots of improvements:

• Greatly improved BAM converter (including proper palette support and an advanced post-processing filter system)
  • Added support of new pixel formats to the PVRZ decoder. It should now properly decode PVRZ files used in the iPad version of BG(2)EE.
  • Added symbolic spell names (from SPELL.IDS) to SPL's View tab
  • Added symbolic spell name support to "Find...->references to this file" for DLG and BCS targets
  • Added BMP format to export option of BAM resources
  • Added new (BGEE-specific) fields to GAM structures

#199 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Glad to see new versions coming frequently. Its my main tool that I use these days since I am modding the EE games from now on.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#200 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

It would be really convenient if the "Store purchases" list in STO files could be displayed as a panel of checkboxes instead of individual items.  I know as far as the file structures are concerned, NI typically only uses the checkboxes for bit fields, but the ease-of-use would be greatly improved IMO if something similar could be implemented for the "Store purchases" dword array as well.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage