NearInfinity

• Please log in to reply
1155 replies to this topic

#241 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

This is an intended 'feature' (I think) that exists since the beginnings of NearInfinity. New values are usually written into the structure only if you press Enter, manually remove the input focus from the field or click the 'Update value' button (for a couple of data types).

#242 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

It's a pretty standard trait among data-entry programs (and hardly some quirk of NI's), I might add.

#243 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:44 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140611

This is mostly a bugfix release.

#244 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Snapshot 20140611 contained a bug that could result in writing invalid kit values to a CRE resource. Please use Snapshot 20140611a instead!

#245 Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

thanks to both for keeping the tool updated :)

#246 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

I could really use a way to mass export and convert all MOS (and TIS probably) files from BGEE to PNG files without having to export all 540 or so of them one at a time.  Is that something that can be arranged?

Edited by Sam., 04 July 2014 - 06:11 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#247 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Mass exporting MOS files as PNG shouldn't be much of a problem. I could add that option to the Mass Exporter.

Auto-converting TIS files is more difficult as the TIS format doesn't include information about width and height. Currently NI attempts to find matching WED resources to get the required information, but that doesn't cover all available TIS files. I would have to fall back to a default dimension (e.g. 1x[tile_count]) in those cases.

#248 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140706

New feature:

• Added the option to export MOS, PVRZ and TIS resources as PNG to the Mass Exporter

#249 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Thanks a lot for your hard work Argent!

(I'm sure the new version will come in handy once you start working on your Djinni Mod again! :P)

#250 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

New feature:

• Added the option to export MOS, PVRZ and TIS resources as PNG to the Mass Exporter

It works perfectly.  Thanks for the super quick turnaround!! :cheers:

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#251 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

In BGEE, I tried exporting MAPICONS.BAM via "all frames as graphics" to .PNG.  I get a message box saying

53/56 frames exported
0/56 frames not exported

Only frames 0 through 52 are exported. According to BAMWorkshop and BAMWorkshop II, frame 53 has a width and height of 0. NI seems to stop exporting frames from a BAM when it hits a frame with dimensions of zero. In this case, frames 54 and 55 were not exported as .PNG. Attached is MAPICONS.BAM for reference.

Expected behavior:  When NI is extracting frames from a BAM file and encounters a frame with dimensions of 0 (zero), it should either:

• create a transparent frame with dimensions 1x1 and continue exporting subsequent frames, or
  • skip the illegally dimensioned frame and continue exporting subsequent frames

Attached File  MAPICONS.rar   92.35K   156 downloads

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#252 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

I can confirm this bug. It's also present in the BAM Converter. I'll see what I can do.

#253 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140722

Another bugfix release:

• Fixed a bug in the frames export routine of BAM resources when encountering illegal frames. (Illegal frames will be skipped.)
  • Fixed a bug in the BAM Converter when importing or adding BAMs containing illegal frames. (Illegal frames will be replaced by 1x1 transparent frames.)

#254 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

So what happens to the functionality of those "illegal" frames. As if the normal pattern is taken from the animations frame, I hear that the empty frame is just a repeat of the previous frame as there's no difference between the two... so does the 1x1 transparent frame have the exact same function as the illegal (or just previously already defined) frame ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#255 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

I've only encountered "illegal" frames that are actually being used in the aforementioned MAPICONS.BAM. It looks like the empty frame is used for both the werewolf island and Shandalar's island. In both cases I don't see an icon on the in-game worldmap, so it's safe to assume that the game uses an invisible placeholder or no icon at all at that position. (Edit: Correction. It's used for one of Overhaul's ambush areas, but I can see no icon for that location either.)
Repeating the previous frame doesn't make much sense, as frames have to be defined in cycles to be displayed. In the case of the worldmap icons, each cycle contains only a single frame. Afaik, there are other empty frames in creature animation BAMs, but they aren't referenced in cycles and thus never displayed.

I guess as long as we don't have access to the game's source code we can only speculate how to handle empty frames. ;)

Edited by Argent77, 22 July 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#256 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I guess as long as we don't have access to the game's source code we can only speculate how to handle empty frames. ;)
Or you could uncompile and recompile an animation sequence and see if there's anything odd ... so the giant doesn't all of a sudden become invisible or something.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#257 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Maybe a stupid question, but I was wondering why I can't find all the areas? I was looking for the Candlekeep inn and it doesn't show up under ARE.

#258 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Candlekeep Inn is either AR2616 or AR2629. Depending on how you've set up NI, the files can show up under "ARE" or "Override" in the resource tree.

#259 Falln

Falln
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thanks, I never looked at Override. But in my install it's AR6516.ARE

#260 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

Ah yes, it's a different map in BGT. Btw, you can set how resources are filtered via menu Options->Show Override Files.