• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

#161 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Wondefull job!!!

This new version will definitively change my way of modding: the area viewer is just... a bomb!

What a pleasure not to be obliged to test the new overlays ingame and to check how the new maps look like at night!

Thanks again for your tremandous job. ;)

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#162 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Bugfix release: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140225

The new area viewer sometimes displays mixed up map tiles, especially if the "Animate overlays" option has been activated. This update should fix the problem.

#163 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

I don't know if it's possible to be coded, but could we display the "background animation" bam files, at least their first frame ?

CARPE DIEM ....

#164 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

I don't know if it's possible to be coded, but could we display the "background animation" bam files, at least their first frame ?

This one is already on my todo list, and I've already started working on it. :)

#165 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:33 AM

Great news! :)

And good luck for the incoming versions. ;)

CARPE DIEM ....

#166 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140227

Added support for displaying real background animations to the area viewer:

• Choose between still frame (resource-friendly version) and fully animated background animations
  • Added support of various effects defined in the ARE's animation structures
    • Supports blending, (non-)self-illumination, partial animations, multi-part animations, mirrored animations and external palettes
    • Because of technical limitations blended animations will differ slightly from how they look like in-game
    • Doesn't support (partial) covering behind walls and other obstacles
  • No support for WBM and PVRZ resources (used in a few selected BG2:EE maps). Theoretically NI can read PVRZ images, but I haven't seen any maps yet that make use of raw PVRZ files.

Planescape:Torment gave me some headaches, as the game seems to ignore many flags that define certain visual states. Please notify me if you find animations in PS:T that don't look right.

Feel free to test the new release and post your comments, bug reports or suggestions.

#167 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Argh!!! :(

The next version doesn't work: the layer boxes can't be selected.

I tried the NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140225 and can display actors, animations, regions and so on.

Viewing the same map with snapshot-20140227, I can only select Doors and Walls boxes.

Ah, and I am testing it with a ToB install...

Edit : I downloaded it again and everything works fine. Maybe a corrupted download due to my connexion...

Edited by Gwendolyne, 27 February 2014 - 01:04 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#168 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

:clap: :Bow: Just viewed AR0903 in the area editor in snapshot 20140227 :Bow: :clap:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#169 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140305

Changes:
  • Added activity schedule support for layer structures
  • Combined controls for lighting conditions and activity schedule
  • Added support for customizing area viewer settings
  • Lots of bugfixes and improvements
As always, feel free to test the new release and post your comments, bug reports or suggestions.

Edited by Argent77, 05 March 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#170 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

As always, very nice work! :)

I have one suggestion, though: In order to display all layers regardless of the time schedule, you currently need to open the area viewer settings at the top and tick the checkbox under Misc Settings. This might easily be overlooked. I think it would be better to have this checkbox in the right-hand control panel.

#171 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

Good idea. I'll change it in the next update.

#172 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140306

This is primarily a bugfix update:

• Fixed a bug that displayed either no or duplicate entries in the popup menu for ambient sounds on the map
  • Relocated "Enable schedule" option from viewer settings to the visual state section on the right
  • New options in viewer settings: Specify frame rates for animated overlays and background animations
  • Added "Update map" option to the toolbar to apply changes made in ARE/WED structures to the area viewer

Feel free to test the new release and post your comments, bug reports or suggestions.

#173 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Just throwing a few suggestions...

When I look at the .itm files in the View tab, there's the stats, flags and icon pictures and so forth, the area could use a few modifications, say pixel doubling the relatively small icons, and perhaps more of those view splitters like there's between the directory folders and the View tab.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#174 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

Wow, that was quick! :) Thanks.

One bug: When I open the area viewer and tick one of the Layers checkboxes, eg. "Actors", only the actors for the current time are displayed, even though the "Enable time schedules" checkbox is not ticked by default. When I then tick that checkbox, nothing happens, and when I then remove the check mark, the rest of the actors appear.

#175 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Just throwing a few suggestions...

When I look at the .itm files in the View tab, there's the stats, flags and icon pictures and so forth, the area could use a few modifications, say pixel doubling the relatively small icons, and perhaps more of those view splitters like there's between the directory folders and the View tab.

I agree, an update is long overdue. The majority of view tabs were designed ages ago (most likely by the original author) when Java's GUI libraries were still in early development.

But I'd prefer to keep NI's consistent look & feel and create a new, more modern theme for all resource types that provide separate view tabs. A big undertaking such as this will probably take some time though. I'm open for more suggestions.

One bug: When I open the area viewer and tick one of the Layers checkboxes, eg. "Actors", only the actors for the current time are displayed, even though the "Enable time schedules" checkbox is not ticked by default. When I then tick that checkbox, nothing happens, and when I then remove the check mark, the rest of the actors appear.

A minor oversight. Will be fixed in the next update.

#176 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Awesome.
I have a suggestion for a future update of the View tab as well. What always bothered me is the fact that the "Find...", "Export...", "Save" buttons etc. are only displayed at the bottom of the Edit tab. It would be better if these buttons were always visible, regardless of which tab is currently selected, so that you can quickly access them even when you are just viewing a resource, not editing it.
Secondly, for ITM and SPL files, I would love to have the string number of the descriptions displayed in the View tab, right there with the description text. This would save the hassle of having to switch to the Edit tab, scroll down and click on the description entry when you just want to find out what the StringRef is. For CRE and STO files, the same goes for the Name displayed in the View tab. If the StringRef was displayed in the View tab along with the text, this would make the work of translators a lot easier.

#177 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:52 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140307

Yet another bugfix release:

• Correctly applying "Enable time schedules" option on startup
  • Fixed an annoying bug that caused certain layer icons on specific maps to turn invisible when you right-clicked on them

#178 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

I would love to have the string number of the descriptions displayed in the View tab, right there with the description text...

Interesting idea. I would add an option to globally enable or disable the display of strrefs as well.

#179 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Sounds good! :)

#180 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

Update: NearInfinity v1.35.0-snapshot-20140308

More features for the area viewer:

• Added support for blending search/light/height maps into the actual map (incl. adjustable transparency via viewer settings)
  • Cosmetic fix: non-background animations will be drawn on top of background animations (as defined by "Appearance" flag bit 8 )

After adding the mini map section to the right sidebar of the viewer, you'll probably need a vertical screen resolution of over 900 pixels by now to display all of it correctly. Is the size still acceptable for you or does it need to be trimmed?