BiG World Project (BWP) v9.5

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

I selected about 3/4s of the recommended ones & a few others.

Your list-o-mods is the file called WeiDU.log in your BGII folder ;)

If once I get to know the game, I want extra mods, can I just install them individually?

That might not be a good idea :unsure: but it's possible ...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#42 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

Noticed smth - if installing TobEx in the beginning the Fixpack main component cannot be installed after it because of the error. WeiDU is the latest - 221. Can anyone confirm that?

It appeared it was the issue with WeiDU 221-222. 223 fixes it.

#43 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:47 AM

BWP 9.5 Standard install accomplished successfully tonight. Sort of report:
Win7 x64
BWS: All In all worked just fine except for:
- Why do you keep those conflicting mods(Branwen perils, Drizzt Npc and don't remember the third)?
- Why won't you update download links automatically during BWS update?
- Some files were not downloaded due to Mediafire hosting. Volcanic armory and the two others from that guy: http://volcanoproduc...s.blogspot.com/
- During the downloads checking stage BWS looks for Volcanic v1.0, not downloaded v1.4.
- What's wrong with Big Picture? Why BWS did not download it nor installed? I think was so since BWP 9.0 or even before.
+ Thanks a lot for Imoen Romance by default ;)
+ NSIS seemed to work really well, nearly all necessary mods were extracted successfully
BWP Install.bat: Minor bugs, but worked well:
- During Fixpack:
processing fixes for "Kitanya"
patching file `Kitanya\dialogues\kitanyaj.d'
Hunk #3 FAILED at 295.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 303.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 325.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 337.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 345.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 360.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 384.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 392.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 408.
Hunk #12 FAILED at 424.
Hunk #13 FAILED at 436.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 445.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 454.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 470.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 479.
Hunk #18 FAILED at 488.
Hunk #19 FAILED at 496.
Hunk #20 FAILED at 527.
Hunk #21 FAILED at 544.

//skipped

patching file `Tashia\Setup-Tashia.tp2'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 20.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to Tashia\Setup-Tashia.tp2.rej
it's not fatal but that's not right is it?
- A few errors due to problems with KITLIST.2DA.IDS. I'll post the first occurence:
Installing [Region Of Terror Kit Pack]
//skipped a lot of successful patches
Adding Auril Kit ...

ERROR locating resource for 'get_ids_map'
Resource [KITLIST.2DA.IDS] not found in KEY file:
	[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Region Of Terror Kit Pack], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  94 files for [SETUP-ROT.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled     94 files for [SETUP-ROT.TP2] component 1.
ERROR: Failure("resource [KITLIST.2DA.IDS] not found for 'get_ids_map'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-ROT.DEBUG to Gilgamesh, King Diamond (WeiDU conversion)
Automatically Skipping [Region Of Terror Kit Pack] because of error.
There are a couple of similar errors like:
Installing [Install Thug kit (thief)]
Adding THUG Kit ...

[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Install Thug kit (thief)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [POFKITS/SETUP-POFKITS.TP2] component 12.
Uninstalled      0 files for [POFKITS/SETUP-POFKITS.TP2] component 12.
PLEASE email the file SETUP-POFKITS.DEBUG to Yarpen_AVE@vp.pl
Automatically Skipping [Install Thug kit (thief)] because of error.
and
Installing [Priest of Mystra]
Adding mystra Kit ...

[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Priest of Mystra], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [KITRTT.TP2] component 17.
Uninstalled      0 files for [KITRTT.TP2] component 17.
PLEASE email the file SETUP-KITRTT.DEBUG to Kit: Al17 (rtt-mod@libero.it), weidu setup: al17 and the bigg
Automatically Skipping [Priest of Mystra] because of error.
Using Language [English]

Installing [Priest of Tempus]
Adding tempus Kit ...

[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Priest of Tempus], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [KITRTT.TP2] component 18.
Uninstalled      0 files for [KITRTT.TP2] component 18.
PLEASE email the file SETUP-KITRTT.DEBUG to Kit: Al17 (rtt-mod@libero.it), weidu setup: al17 and the bigg
Automatically Skipping [Priest of Tempus] because of error.
+ the rest seems to be perfect

WeiDU:
Spoiler

Thanks a lot, guys, BWP appears to be more and more user-friendly. I have spread a word about it on some russian forum and it become quite popular there :)

#44 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

All In all worked just fine except for:
- Why do you keep those conflicting mods(Branwen perils, Drizzt Npc and don't remember the third)?

It's by purpose so no modders are offended.

- Why won't you update download links automatically during BWS update?

They are updated.

- Some files were not downloaded due to Mediafire hosting. Volcanic armory and the two others from that guy: http://volcanoproduc...s.blogspot.com/
- During the downloads checking stage BWS looks for Volcanic v1.0, not downloaded v1.4.

No. It looks for that file, it just has the wrong label.

- What's wrong with Big Picture? Why BWS did not download it nor installed? I think was so since BWP 9.0 or even before

Depends what you selected.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#45 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

It's by purpose so no modders are offended.

Oh. Ok, I see.

They are updated.

I don't remember exactly, but if i run BWS with auto-update turned on, four mod conflicts occur. If i use "update download links" feature and restart BWS, only three remain. It means, that when i update the links manually, something changes, hence those were not updated automatically.

No. It looks for that file, it just has the wrong label.

The thing is i have downloaded it(v1.4) manually, but it was still was considered missing

Depends what you selected.

Oh, is it considered to be only "tactics"? Has stability issues?

#46 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Those conflicts will only be kept up with the regular version until the beta gets stable.

The update only takes place if a ping was successful during startup, if the files that are available have changed and the last download happened some time ago. Depending on that, the update may produce some "oddities" that can/might be explained. If you use the separate update-button, you can force the issue, but if there's no hint in that box about changes, then nothing should have been imported.

The name of the saved file is not imported during link-updates.
I don't have the access-rights to update the BWS, which was given to Leomar some time ago, but I might update those filenames with the next BWS-program update (package).

Since the filename was VolcanicArmouryV1.0.rar and size is 569292, the new file won't get accepted until you edit the BiG World Setup\Config\Mod.ini-file.

BPv180 is treated as a tactic mod. I basically makes the game harder with every component, so it's not loaded if you don't select the tactical version or add it in the selection-screen. You might argue that SCS does that as well, but I didn't make up those versions...

If you want to discuss that, we had a topic about mods in the standard version and you might add that issue there or somewhere related.

With the beta, you've got a lot more options, more flexibility and a ton of conflicts, which was pretty annoying to solve. That's why conflicts are solved for you. Updates are done a bit differently, so save-entries will also be taken care of. You can also choose to browse for a file that is missing and override the settings from mod.ini. So you don't have to edit the file any more.

#47 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, well, thanks. I just wished to give a feedback to community and to report that the new release is confirmed stable, at least installation. /me goes to do some goblin-kicking job :)

#48 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hi,

Just a little bug report (Hope this could help).

1. ##### Kiara-Zaiya NPCs v1.6.1 #####
I have few lines like below :
D:\Jeux\BGII - SoA>Kiara-Zaiya\Sounds\oggdec.exe Kiara-Zaiya\Sounds\KiaraL1.ogg 
ERROR: Failed to open input file: No such file or directory
It seems that few OGG are missing.

2. ##### Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII) v15 #####
### 4000: Augmenter le prix demande par Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan veut 40.000 pieces d'or ### (this means that Gaelan want 40000 gold)
ERROR: No translation provided for @1311
Can't understand this since @1311 has a French translation in the .tra file...

3.##### Ding0's Experience Fixer (DEFJAM) v6 #####
### 0012: Reduction de l xp de quete -> Reduire a 50% ### (this means that I will have half XP for each quest)
I have few lines like below :
ERROR: cannot convert %MATCH2% or %%MATCH2%% to an integer
I think the first and second are not important. However, what about the third ?

Attached Files

#49 -Neag-

-Neag-

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:49 AM

I have installed this but I specified the wrong resolution for the widescreen mod. I reinstalled the mod and it has changed the resolution of all but the UI itself. Is there a method I can use to fix this other than reinstalling the whole thing?

Thanks

#50 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

@Fouinto
I've looked through your big world debug.txt and found that you have the same problems with hunks failures in kitanya and tashia as me. What are those problems about?

and someone please answer something about my problem with "ERROR: Failure("resource [KITLIST.2DA.IDS] not found for 'get_ids_map'")"

#51 funkyspunkymonky

funkyspunkymonky
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

I'm not sure where to post this questions but I need some advice/help. I have two computers with the Big World Project. Computer 1 has the Minimum install and a saved game nearly at the end of BG1. computer 2 has a clean install with a standard mod. Can I use the saved game interchangeably? I put the minimum saved game in the standard installation and it seemed to work fine. I'm not sure if I can take that saved game back to the minimum install. I'm afraid to mess up my saved game. What I would love to do is reinstall computer 1 with the standard mod installation and use my saved game from the minimum install.

What complications, if any, will there be with that? Should I stick with the minimum install version? There is no possible way I will replay 50+ hours of the game. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

#52 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

and someone please answer something about my problem with "ERROR: Failure("resource [KITLIST.2DA.IDS] not found for 'get_ids_map'")"

That's probably a typo on the function, as there's "Kitlist.2da" file and "kit.ids" files, in the game but no ...

What complications, if any, will there be with that? Should I stick with the minimum install version? There is no possible way I will replay 50+ hours of the game. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Everyone of the creature names, the weapon names, stat texts and so forth can be randomly mixed, as your dialog.tlk in the savegame doesn't match with the other games own dialog.tlk . In this, I would suggest that you complete the BG1 part of the game(so you save in BG2 actually), then move the save to the other computer and start a new BG2 game with that, import the character from the save, and start playing.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 November 2010 - 10:00 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#53 macholy

macholy
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

[./chitin.key]

I had have the same problem as you when I tried to install it with WEIDU V22400. And it seems to work after I changed it to a version 22000, you can have a try.
Nothing is perfect,
but Dream.

Nothing can beyond the Balance,
but Choice.

#54 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

@macholy
It only affects class-kit mods, right? I hope it will not affect the rest of the game as long as i don't care about creating ninjas and samurais.

#55 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:40 AM

[./chitin.key]

I had have the same problem as you when I tried to install it with WEIDU V22400. And it seems to work after I changed it to a version 22000, you can have a try.

How strange, I installed successfully some kits without errors showing up (those from my mod), with weidu 22400.
What mod are those kits from? Does that mod use a normal ADD_KIT command?

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#56 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hey, folks - can someone with German-speaking skills please help out with rechecking that BiG World links listed on the master site are set up correctly for G3 stuff? We would like to make sure that the mods are being pulled directly from G3, as our Camagna and IGEMC mirrors are running a bit behind. Some of our links have also changed case, trying to match an "easy package and upload" format, with

mymod-v#.exe

OSX-mymod-v#.rar (or .zip)

lin-mymod-v#.zip

We leave the old ones up, too, but just to be sure, it would be way cool if someone currently active could go through and make sure the G3 stuff all gets the latest versions.

Edited by cmorgan, 13 November 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#57 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

Spoiler

Here's the list. I've checked that the downloads from the BWS match the list.
There haven't been mods that are not available from g3 or its mirrors for some time.
So do you suggest to replace the mirros-links?

Uhm, if there's someone with PHP-knowledge around, maybe you could use that to link to the latest version? I mean, its not really a problem since folks visit the modding news threads, but it would be cool though.

Edited by dabus, 13 November 2010 - 10:08 AM.

#58 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

Mostly great - I got worried with just one, BG2_Tweaks-v9.exe > bg2_tweaks-v9.exe

crosscheck posted below.
Spoiler

I am rechecking everything on the other mirrors, but it is tough for folks to keep them up to date - I'll PM you, if that is ok, when we get word on timelines for updating!

#59 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Sure, so I'll just tell Jastey to adjust the BG2 Tweaks.
(She's our administrator over there.)

#60 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

(heh. I like to think I am up to date - but obviously I am not on top of the international scene at all... I work with jastey at several other sites, and she is a fellow Gibb... and I didn't connect the dots :D ! )