Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v9.5

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

Just created the update package for the stable BWS and a new link-update. (WeiDU 2.21 was released)
Added Russian mod-translations-tokens, so if the user chose that the BWS should use the Russian translation, (s)he will see RU as the translation-token and will be able to get a Russian-only installation.

Also adjusted the mods to v9.5, fixed the version-number in the about-screen and made the customize-button bold.

So that should be enough to get you going.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#22 -retrokinght-

-retrokinght-

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

Just created the update package for the stable BWS and a new link-update. (WeiDU 2.21 was released)
Added Russian mod-translations-tokens, so if the user chose that the BWS should use the Russian translation, (s)he will see RU as the translation-token and will be able to get a Russian-only installation.

Also adjusted the mods to v9.5, fixed the version-number in the about-screen and made the customize-button bold.

So that should be enough to get you going.

maybe its just me... but can't access the update... tried gng to the german site itselfs and a 403 error appears :(

#23 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:26 AM

Just try again after some time. They do some daily rework with their forum / database, which doesn't last too long. At least that's what I heard some time ago.

(I can access the site.)

Edited by dabus, 24 October 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#24 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

Noticed smth - if installing TobEx in the beginning the Fixpack main component cannot be installed after it because of the error. WeiDU is the latest - 221. Can anyone confirm that?

#25 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

Awesome work peeps and thanks for relz! :coolthumb:

I forgot to ask why is Exnem Vault v5 a deprecated mod? Just because of overpowered items?

It might be interesting to see how your install went :devil: (WeiDU.log and Debug.txt :))

Oh I'm just asking ... considering it didn't allow me to install BGT a while back (among other things and more :rolleyes:) Damn do I hate that mod with a vengeance! Posted Image

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#26 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

@Lollorian

OK I understand, Exnem is not just full with overpowered items but is very buggy.

My install now is BWP tactics 9.4 + Dark Horizon without Exnem so I don't think my WeiDU.log and Debug.txt will be relevant to you.

What I do not understand is why this mode has been treated so differently :unsure: because if any other mod it was buggy someone was looking for a solution and was not remove the mod.

#27 mrgone

mrgone
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Hi,
Just tried to run latest BWP for first time. Followed installtation instructions to the T. Updated BWP and downloaded latest mod version. Selected Tactic version...removed a couple NPC mods that didn't open. Install looked good for about 20 minutes then got a ton of Errors about not recognizing the game files, missing override files, no disk in drive, etc.
Rolled back BG, ran BWP again and same issues with Recommended version.
Any ideas.

Edited by mrgone, 25 October 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Install looked good for about 20 minutes then got a ton of Errors about not recognizing the game files, missing override files, no disk in drive, etc.
Rolled back BG, ran BWP again and same issues with Recommended version.

What Operation System do you have ? If it's Windows 7 or Vista, read the second answer here.
PS you cannot run the BWP, there is no such a thing, it's either BiG World Setup.vbs, or the BiG World Install.bat ... and they need to be in the
"BGII - SoA" -folder, not in the BG1 or any other ...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2010 - 09:59 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#29 mrgone

mrgone
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

I've got Win7 64. I followed all of the instructions posted here before my first attempt (disable processes, changed dir with custom/full installs, patches, saved games, ran BWsetup and updated). I noticed that the installation summary under Language: English there was error for file not found, but the test passed and so I proceeded.

attached are the ini files..are these ok (specifically the CD paths)?
Spoiler

Spoiler

#30 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

What I do not understand is why this mode has been treated so differently :unsure: because if any other mod it was buggy someone was looking for a solution and was not remove the mod.

It is also out-of-character (has items from Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy and who knows what else). So between being OOC, overpowered and buggy, you might have trouble finding a modder willing to fix it.

It previously had an issue with filling up all the random treasure table rows, which caused a conflict with Check the Bodies and possibly other mods. It *might* be possible to resolve that with the latest TobEx (which extends the number of rows usable in those tables) but I don't know if that's fully tested and it doesn't help if there are other bugs.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#31 Arhidopoulos

Arhidopoulos
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

I have the same problem with mrgone, also done everything in the FAQ (have windows7 64bit)

#32 mrgone

mrgone
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

I have the same problem with mrgone, also done everything in the FAQ (have windows7 64bit)

First, this is the first time I have tried to mod BG, so if this doesn't work don't get upset.

Use BWS. After downloading and extracting do not continue the silent install, yet. Delete all WEIDU 221 files/folders and manually extract WEIDU 220. Make sure BGT is extracted correctly, if not do it manually (this was my case). Then continue the silent install and the rest of the installation.

I got a working Tactical game after a 2 hour install with the following mods removed: ALL NPC mods, Shed's, Paladins of, Volcanic Armory, and B!Tweaks.

Hope this works for you.

#33 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

BWS uses 2.20 again since about 7 hours.
Won't hurt to confirm it though.

Edited by dabus, 27 October 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#34 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

Is it possible to add option in setup to pause after each action?
In example, I would like to change some files after downloading (Weidu, Borkpack...) but setup automatically goes to extracting. And after extracting I want to apply some new fixes. Pause after download and after extracting would be enough.
And with that we can be always up to date with files without having to extract and install new version each time.

Thanx and regards!

P.S.
Kariv1-3b.rar, wikaede_v34.rar, VolcanicArmoury1.4.rar are on mediafire site and setup downloads it wrong, so I had to download it manually.
And if you change link of Trimpack to newest Borkpack, it will be fully without errors. I hope. :-)

#35 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:42 AM

I think the beta BWS has something on those lines (?) :unsure:

And if you change link of Trimpack to newest Borkpack, it will be fully without errors. I hope. :-)

Judging from the number of downloads, it's either already doing that or someone's got 88 copies of the borkpack :ROFL:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#36 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

Judging from the number of downloads, it's either already doing that or someone's got 88 copies of the borkpack :ROFL:

I checked new updated links and you are right. I should've checked before I asked. :-) Sorry.

I think the beta BWS has something on those lines (?) :unsure:

I tried now to download new file versions with BWS (not beta) and I have to remove my whole newly installed game that took me nearly 12 hours to install, if I want to keep updated files. It would be nice option in BWS to just download files. :-) Although it is fun to install this game and search for errors. :-)))

Great work folks! You made great game into best in world. Thank you! Cheers to everyone who worked on this!

Best regards!!!

#37 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:13 AM

BWS Beta FAQ #2: Skip download or extraction
The file also ships with every beta. Look at the docs-folder.

Edited by dabus, 28 October 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#38 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

BWS Beta FAQ #2: Skip download or extraction
The file also ships with every beta. Look at the docs-folder.

Thanx Dabus, I'll try that. I'm new in this, so forgive me for ignorance, and my bad english. :-)

Great work!

#39 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

I should've checked before I asked. :-) Sorry.

Why sorry?? That's what forums are for :)

Confirmed it myself :P The BWS does dl WeiDU 22000 and borkpack v9.5 :D ... didn't try installing but let's hope no mod updates its package with WeiDU 221 :devil: Now dabus - you da man! 8)

Edited by Lollorian, 28 October 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#40 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hi,
1st time user of BWP, Thanks to all who created it.
It seemed to work as intended, although the process was much longer than I expected (around 5 hours)
I haven't played the game past level 3, so I wasn't sure which mods I needed.
I selected about 3/4s of the recommended ones & a few others.
If once I get to know the game, I want extra mods, can I just install them individually?