Photo

Comments on BGEE & BG2EE News

• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#681 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Actually it's a very early WIP-stage map which is falsely presented as the final version in the article phordicus linked to.

http://forum.baldurs...urs-gate-map/p1

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#682 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

It is not. Those idiots posted a fan art.

Uh, according to the map guy, it's going to be the official map. And this comes after postponing the release for 2,5 months???

Even more FAIL I guess. I can't believe they intend to "enhance" the game by making it worse (first the UI, now this?).

I don't trust these people to develop BG3 at all.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#683 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

I like how the entire thing is a map of 'baldur's gate'. Not the Sword Coast or anything. Just 'baldur's gate'.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#684 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Uh, according to the map guy, it's going to be the official map. And this comes after postponing the release for 2,5 months???

Even more FAIL I guess. I can't believe they intend to "enhance" the game by making it worse (first the UI, now this?).

For me the major failpart is that a random user in the thread posted this:
Posted Image

.. which took him about a day to whip up. And he basically did it to give the official artist some inspiration... Given any sort of finalizing it would - at this stage - strongly outshine the official-map-to-be. Oh well, let's hope for the official map beta 2.0 to be better.

#685 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Uh, according to the map guy, it's going to be the official map.

Anyone can pop-up saying "Hello! This will be in the game!".
There is no official word about it, and I strongly doubt that the developers allowed him/her to publish an unpolished and rough version of the map, seeing how people are so higly sensitive about everything they say or show.

Edited by Giuseppe, 04 October 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#686 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

I'm in agreement with Giuseppe. That thread is a public thread with no comments from any of the people who appear to be in the dev team - no chance that 'map' is part of the game.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 04 October 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#687 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

I'm literally dying laughing send help

#688 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

How does that guy get away with claiming this is the official BGEE map WIP? That's truly some Jerry Springer level of insanity!
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#689 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Uh, according to the map guy, it's going to be the official map.

There is no official word about it, and I strongly doubt that the developers allowed him/her to publish an unpolished and rough version of the map, seeing how people are so higly sensitive about everything they say or show.

I'm in agreement with Giuseppe. That thread is a public thread with no comments from any of the people who appear to be in the dev team - no chance that 'map' is part of the game.

-Y-

You said it Yovaneth, no one from the dev team has posted there. Which we can probably much guarantee they would have done if this guy was blatantly lying about him doing the official map. I don't see some random guy trolling the forum for two weeks that he's doing the new map without the powers that be noticing...

Also, what phordicus said.

Edited by Dakk, 04 October 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#690 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

On the contrary, if this wasn't true, no way would the devs allow him to post that (or leave that remark alone 3 weeks after it was posted).

Unless, of course, that they are equally inept in managing their official forums as they are revamping the game (not a preposterous notion by any means I must admit).

I'm in agreement with Giuseppe. That thread is a public thread with no comments from any of the people who appear to be in the dev team - no chance that 'map' is part of the game.-Y-

Just as there was no chance for the new UI to be a part of the game? Why would this surprise you now?

#691 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Not to imply anything, but one of the devs did post in that thread and openly stated that map won't be in BG:EE...

#692 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Not to imply anything, but one of the devs did post in that thread and openly stated that map won't be in BG:EE...

I, for one, perfectly mean to imply that you DID in fact tried to imply something. I'd ask you to provide a link to validate your claim since I didn't see a dev comment at all, and neither did Dakk, and no one else in this thread so far (not to imply you're lying but...); since the previous link to the thread doesn't work, I'm guessing it either was moved or deleted. Man, even the damage control is poor.

#693 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thread's gone. I think that speaks for itself?

-Y-

#694 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Normal procedure would be for a dev to comment one way or the other on the OP's claim, and if false, to simply lock the thread.

Deleting the thread is incredibly amateurish, especially one so old.
Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#695 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'd be inclined to agree with Y and phordicus here. I'd like to see some explanation from a dev as to why they let anyone to think otherwise in the first place, when they could have just a made a quick post there.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 04 October 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#696 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Daulmakan - touché: I was really implying something. However, awkwardly so: the dev's comment was in another thread, which discusses the preview that showed the map as part of BG:EE. I mixed them up.

#697 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

I think they just moved it to a private forum, though I'm not exactly sure why.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#698 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

About the screenshots: they look like somebody inverted the BGII palette (remember, blue buttons, gold UI background...)

#699 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Any news?

#700 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

The best news for me would be when they release the game on-time and (relatively) bug-less.