[FIXED] Small Elemental Water Bug

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

As I didn't see anything about that bug in the forum, I guess nobody has ever tried this animation : 0x5011 elemental_water_small.

In fact, the game crashes when it dies.

The reason why is quite simple : the last frames of the µARDE.bam and µARDEE.bam files are too large : 400x400 px.

I join the two files that will fix that bug.

PS : i have also noticed a few other bugs I will try to fix.

Attached Files

Edited by Gwendolyne, 16 October 2015 - 01:58 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Thank you! An under-used animation, but one of my favorites.

#3 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

You are welcome !

In fact, as I  am porting more than a hundred Diablo 2 animations, I have tested all the I.A. pack in order to better understand the differences between the different formats !

I noticed a few bugs with a few animations (some have already been fixed : Sahuagin, Lizardmen...), but others still need to be fixed. I am working on it and I will release the fixes as soon as they will be "safe".

CARPE DIEM ....

#4 Test Person

Test Person
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Merci! - More glitches fixed. - Nice one!

Latest BWP Essentials (Not My Contributions, - Just A Note To Anyone Who Needs The Link): http://kerzenburg.ba...oads.php?cat=10

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Cheers. Porting over 100 animations? That's impressive - are you doing it all by hand or do you have some sort of automated utility?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Cheers. Porting over 100 animations? That's impressive - are you doing it all by hand or do you have some sort of automated utility?

In fact, more than 200 are on the workshop.... : http://www.shsforums...talian-spanish/

I am working with a Diablo Modder who is updating one of his old modding tools. He accepted to provide new fonctions that allow me to export bmp files paletted (with index 0 and 1 for transparency and shadows), to create shadows that I can modify, and to provide all the frames the same x-y position.

It spared me a lot of time. After, I created the bam files with DLTCEP...

So, porting the Diablo II animations was not very difficult.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my Unicorns and the Arcanum ones : this time, another french modder helped me to create a WeiDU setup that can fix the x-y positions of a bam file, using some of your bambatcher code.

Some days, I am dreaming of a really good tool for bam making !

CARPE DIEM ....

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Very cool. Sam. actually might have a tool in the making that can do some of that, that we were considering for porting NWN animations - not sure where it's at these days though.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Very cool. Sam. actually might have a tool in the making that can do some of that, that we were considering for porting NWN animations - not sure where it's at these days though.

Well, I had been making fair progress, but I haven't touched it in over a year...  Once I finish the last couple of things for my PS WeiDU (Un)Installer, my thought was to start work on a much smaller utility to convert PS:T animations to whichever of the BG formats, the code of which would eventually be worked into the full BAM editor:  PS BAM.  It still has a TON of work to go tho, and having to refamiliarize myself with the code I have already written won't make it any easier...  Sadly, don't expect PS BAM any time soon :( .

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#9 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

So it seems we are condemned to use what we call "System D" in French : trying to maximize the few tools we have and using "tricks" over "tricks... :shifty:

CARPE DIEM ....