Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2621 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

Sure, I will look into that.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2622 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hey agb1, I did what you told me to do, and so far all of these mods I installed worked perfectly together, I'm waiting for Sword Coast Stratagems to finish and see if it works as well.

Attached Files

#2623 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

Glad it's going well so far.  No warnings or errors?  Edwin Romance should probably come out of Expert now that it's been updated to 2.0.7.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2624 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:01 PM

Glad it's going well so far.  No warnings or errors?  Edwin Romance should probably come out of Expert now that it's been updated to 2.0.7.

Not even a single error, except one warning with Tome & Blood saying that the Oracle kit needs Spell Selection Dialogue (I think I accidently skipped it though (or I didn't see it in the BWS selection) because when I installed it manually it told me to choose Spell Selection Dialogue and I did it and the kit worked fine in-game) other than that, everything went very smooth.

Here is the Tome & Blood debug file, for further investigation.

Attached Files

Edited by dady977, 26 January 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#2625 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

Looks like a problem with the new version 0.6 - you previously used 0.5 I think.  I just posted a report about it on the Beamdog forum and referenced your post here.

#2626 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

Looks like a problem with the new version 0.6 - you previously used 0.5 I think.  I just posted a report about it on the Beamdog forum and referenced your post here.

Glad to be of help.

#2627 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

* Added second Amber component (#1 - multiplayer friendly flirting) to selection (also Recommended)
* Updated JKits to version 6, added to BG:EE selection and added new component (#2 - Amazon kit)
* Moved Edwin Romance out of Expert status due to recent version update
* Added Tactics EE 0.62 alpha (pre-release)
* Updated Tactics EE to 0.63 alpha (pre-release)
* Corrections for Tactics EE 0.63 alpha (pre-release) renumbered components

Edited by agb1, 26 January 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#2628 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

Hey agb1, I installed Sword Coast Stratagems and Klatu's Tweaks & Fixes and the game is still running okay, here is the weidu log again.

Attached Files

Edited by dady977, 27 January 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#2629 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

Accidental double post, sorry.

Edited by dady977, 27 January 2016 - 07:18 AM.

#2630 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

I installed Lollorian's Lolfixer and the game still works fine, so neither Lollorian or the resource fixer messed up my game, I have a feeling it's generalized biffing.

Attached Files

#2631 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:00 AM

I installed all of these expert mods you told me about and they didn't bug my game, my game works perfect and I still don't know what mod messed up.my previous and bigger installation.

Attached Files

Edited by dady977, 27 January 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#2632 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

I installed Lollorian's Lolfixer and the game still works fine, so neither Lollorian or the resource fixer messed up my game, I have a feeling it's generalized biffing.
I have a feeling that it's not that either.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2633 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Did you change your mod selection in any other way this time?

#2634 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

I have a feeling that it's not that either.

I don't know, I just thought it was generalized biffing because it changes file formats or something like that.

#2635 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

Did you change your mod selection in any other way this time?

Yes I did, I only selected mods that I thought messed up my previous installation, this time.

#2636 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

Generalized biffing compresses files from the override file into biff archives, which was important for performance for the old pre-EE engine.  From recent reports it might be unnecessary for EE.

It's possible that generalized biffing was a contributing factor to your crashes before, but like Imp said, I doubt it was directly responsible.  A consequence of generalized biffing is that any mods installed afterwards need to be careful about the WeiDU commands they use (e.g., FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME vs FILE_EXISTS) to properly interact with files that have been biffed.  It's possible that one of the mods that we installed after generalized biffing in your last install wasn't coded to work with biffed files.

Unfortunately, your installation never actually started crashing this time, and there are a lot of differences compared to your previously selection, so it's hard to pinpoint what actually made the difference.  It is good to know that all of the expert mods you selected aren't causing you any trouble at least in starting the game.

Regarding lolfixer, one report said that items had incorrect icons when you look at their descriptions (everything looked like a crate).  Do you see this?

Please also upload your BiG World Upload.7z so I can look at your install log.  Something strange I noticed in the final weidu.log is that generalized_biffing was selected according to the lines at the top (expert mod in selection), but was never actually installed.  Did you skip it manually somehow?

#2637 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

Generalized biffing compresses files from the override file into biff archives, which was important for performance for the old pre-EE engine.  From recent reports it might be unnecessary for EE.

It's possible that generalized biffing was a contributing factor to your crashes before, but like Imp said, I doubt it was directly responsible.  A consequence of generalized biffing is that any mods installed afterwards need to be careful about the WeiDU commands they use (e.g., FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME vs FILE_EXISTS) to properly interact with files that have been biffed.  It's possible that one of the mods that we installed after generalized biffing in your last install wasn't coded to work with biffed files.

Unfortunately, your installation never actually started crashing this time, and there are a lot of differences compared to your previously selection, so it's hard to pinpoint what actually made the difference.  It is good to know that all of the expert mods you selected aren't causing you any trouble at least in starting the game.

Regarding lolfixer, one report said that items had incorrect icons when you look at their descriptions (everything looked like a crate).  Do you see this?

Please also upload your BiG World Upload.7z so I can look at your install log.  Something strange I noticed in the final weidu.log is that generalized_biffing was selected according to the lines at the top (expert mod in selection), but was never actually installed.  Did you skip it manually somehow?

I didn't skip installing Generalized Biffing manually, it somehow didn't install at all and was skipped by BWS, and sorry I can't upload the BiG World Upload file, because I deleted my experimental installation, sorry.

Edited by dady977, 27 January 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#2638 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

On the EEs, Biffing is really only needed if there are ~15,000+ files in the override folder. With my fairly heavily modded IWDEE install, I think I only got up to about 8,000.

On BGEE, and especially BG2EE, and especially especially EET, Biffing is more likely to be appropriate. But for IWDEE, Biffing should be disabled by default.

#2639 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

So, I just started another installation, and I paused BWS BG2 Tweak Pack, and my game is crashing, so agb1, one of the following mods I installed messed up my game, here is the weidu log, and turns out Generalized Biffing wasn't the issue, so we got that one out of the way, can someone please take a look at the log and tell me what could possibly crash my game?

Edited by dady977, 27 January 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#2640 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

I accidently deleted the file, what the hell is wrong with me today  :doh:

Edited by dady977, 27 January 2016 - 03:41 PM.