Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1061 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

"RE's "The Queen, by Domi" conflict with Kivan and Saerileth"

Nooooooo!!!! Someone fix it plz! I wanna gets it on with the Elf Queen :Tasty:

#1062 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:49 PM

Dabus: Thank you for looking into this!

Thank you for explaining what the BWS comments mean. (I thought "0" was for the first input - English language). Loading the tras every time does dound like a very good idea, indeed. I will fix this tonight.

#1063 Echoed Dreams

Echoed Dreams
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

So I have windows 8.1, which is why I have to run the BWS using the run as administrator button/command. Anyway, whenever I try to save or import or export my selection of mods, the file selector window opens, and then the application crashes. Oh, and I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I can't run debug using the run as administrator command thingy- it only works if I use the .vbs file; also, I tried saving and exporting and importing my mod selection using the .vbs file and oddly enough, it worked... Now I just need it to work with run as administrator... CURSE YOU, WINDOWS 8.1!

#1064 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

So I have windows 8.1, which is why I have to run the BWS using the run as administrator button/command. Anyway, whenever I try to save or import or export my selection of mods, the file selector window opens, and then the application crashes. Oh, and I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I can't run debug using the run as administrator command thingy- it only works if I use the .vbs file; also, I tried saving and exporting and importing my mod selection using the .vbs file and oddly enough, it worked... Now I just need it to work with run as administrator... CURSE YOU, WINDOWS 8.1!
Have you tried the simple idiot-Windows 8.1 winner thing, install everything you intent to modify to your C drives user profile folder... C:\Users\<username>\ sub-folders ? Or make use of the other drives.

Edited by The Imp, 09 March 2015 - 11:10 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1065 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

I'm having some kind of bug that "bleeds" seemingly random miscellaneous dialogue into item names and descriptions in shops.

Here are screenshots:

Baldr000.jpg

Baldr002.jpg

Baldr003.jpg

Baldr004.jpg

Baldr005.jpg

Baldr006.jpg

It even effects my wonderful Pack Mule mod! >=(

Baldr007.jpg

Here are my Debug and Weidu if anyone has any ideas of what causing this:

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   20.55K   195 downloads

Attached File  WeiDU.log   20.48K   219 downloads

Edited by Ser Elryk, 10 March 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#1066 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

I'm having some kind of bug that "bleeds" seemingly random miscellaneous dialogue into item names and descriptions in shops.
This is caused by one of the mods using the original in game files(from BG2) without renaming the item during the install, as the BGEE games dialog.tlk has different strings than the BG2, you get this sort of corruptions kinda.
It might be this: ~THALAN/THALAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thalantyr - Item Upgrade: v4.0
But I can't say for sure.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1067 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

In installs I made prior to this one, the Thalantyr Item Upgrade was not yet included. But I still encountered the bug in the Smithy's shop in Beregost with one of the shields in his inventory. And the Pack Mule text was affected then as well. Is there nothing I can do except wait for a fix?

#1068 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:14 AM

Well, you can go and find what the exact item is, by buying it to a game, and saving the game, then you can use the EEKeeper to find out the items actual file name and then find out from which mod installs it and then you can go to that mods forum and "demand" EE update that fixes the issue... but that's really the only thing you can do.
Unless you wish to find all the items, edit them in your game and fix the name references in them and then start a new game.

Edited by The Imp, 10 March 2015 - 04:15 AM.

#1069 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

*Long discouraged sigh* I have no idea what I'm doing... I opened up EEKeeper and found the file names of the affected items in Thalantyr's shop:

THBAG01
THBAG02
THBAG03
THBAG04
THBAG05

Then noticed some odd descriptions for some other items:

DEMOSUM4
MARILI
SW1H53
SW2HD2

And then several under Familiars as well:

FAMCAT25
FAMDUS25
FAMFAI25
FAMFER25
FAMIMP25
FAMPSD25
FAMQUA25
FAMRAB25

Still don't know what's affecting the different types of saddlebags in the Pack Mule mod either. =/

Edited by Ser Elryk, 10 March 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#1070 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

And then several under Familiars as well:

FAMCAT25
FAMDUS25
FAMFAI25
FAMFER25
FAMIMP25
FAMPSD25
FAMQUA25
FAMRAB25

The thing here is, if the game you play is BG1EE, you'll never run into these, as they are the Throne of Bhall Familiars.

The SW2HD2 and DEMOSUM4 are in the vanilla BG1EE game, and their identified name string reference is 3250, that is "Thanks for your... uh... help. Goodbye." And I can't find a thing that uses those files with Near Infinity. Rest, I stopped searching.
Cheer up, it's not all bad. :cheers:

Edited by The Imp, 10 March 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#1071 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

Imp: One of the texts is from BG1NPC (Ajantis romance, to be precise), so I doubt that even a BG /BG:EE text hickup might be the problem that it would show mod texts in BG:EE, as BG:EE has even more text lines than BG (and the mod added strings are added to the dialog.tlk at the end - so these lines would point to a string far behind the last string in a classic BG install, if it makes sense).

Ser Elryk, are you sure not to have reinstalled mods / set up a changed Mega Mod install and then continued playing with a former save? That usually tends to mix up ingame texts.

#1072 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

Imp: One of the texts is from BG1NPC

Yeah, but the thing is, the BG1EE dialog.tlk only has 32301* string references, now the almost vanilla BG2:ToB that I have has 74106* string references.. I am not totally sure it's exact vanilla... but it doesn't have tons of mod either way. Now if you heavily modify the BG1EE, you can arrive to the item references that the original BG2 used and the mess is, as can be seen if you do not update the Identified Name during the installation of the .itm file, as it would just pick up a random string from the existing file.

*I am not exactly sure these are exactly correct, but it's in the bold part. Read as, the BG2:ToB game has twice the amount of string references as the BG1EE !

Edited by The Imp, 10 March 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#1073 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

So, the problem you are referring to originates from mods that use BGII ressources without checking compatibility with BG:EE? This is not what you said originally, unless I misunderstood. What I understood from your original post is that there are items both working in BGII and BG:EE, but in BG:EE some strings are changed so the descriptions do not work any more. Seeing that the strings in BG:EE point to mod added content I guess it's more the problem that the mod uses BGII ressources not present in BG:EE. (whatever - feel free to ignore me - I am just relieved it's not a big incompatibility thing between classic BG and BG:EE, as I thought when reading your original post.)

#1074 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

@jastey: Well, I wouldn't use your words as the description of the problem, but I know that it's the same I tried to describe... and no, you won't be ignored. Ignorance breeds fear... and not puppy love.

Edited by The Imp, 10 March 2015 - 12:03 PM.

#1075 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

Sorry for the late reply, jastey. Yes, I always restore a vanilla backup and start a new game before I alter anything regarding mods. Maybe it's just the Thalantyr Item Upgrade mod needs an EE update...? (Said the clueless guy, XD)

Edited by Ser Elryk, 10 March 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#1076 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

Bugreport of the current BWS snapshot:

aTweaks: Restore innate paladin disease immunity conflicts with it's own component Rangers animal empathy improves with experience, and both of these components conflicts with the mod Lost Items component Monk bonus (something like that). Bug is critical since all 3 components are installed by default.

BG1NPC: It has a bugged/empty component under the section BG1 rules and tweaks which is checked by default. If one saves the selection to an external file, and then loads this selection, the checkbox becomes unchecked by itself. Don't know how critical this is? What component is it?

Gavin v9 (for BG1) does not install. 111 tra not found (something like that) Error already mentioned in the thread, but not fixed yet. Bug is critical since currently the install can not complete without a fix for this.

Minor things:

Garrick - tales of a troubadour, portrait selection lies under BG2 quest mods. And a question: Am I supposed to pick one of these or is that not needed?

Kresos mod selection is not working. It selects only the required mods of the BWS. And a related bug, "last selection" behaves the same. Only the required mods are checked when I return to BWS.

#1077 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

Also, with the new beta of Gavin BG1, the kick out hotfix is no longer needed. I assume this is the BGT hotfix in the BWS? If so, it should be removed.

#1078 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

There should be a choice to whic HLA mod should go over the other. For example, using refinements + Rogue rebalancing makes 'Use any item' gets removed by Refinements.

But I do want it.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#1079 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:53 AM

There should be a choice to whic HLA mod should go over the other. For example, using refinements + Rogue rebalancing makes 'Use any item' gets removed by Refinements.

But I do want it.

Easy, don't use the Refinements... how hard is it not to get that ?
See the Refinements removes that HLA to make space for the scroll use HLA and HLA innate spells etc. The thing you are not getting perhaps is that you have to choose. Or if you don't want to, make your own mod that fixes it so it looks exactly like you want it to. There perhaps could be other people that want it too.

#1080 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

imp, you know that rogue rebalancing touch only thieves while refinements overhauls all the classes, I hope, right?

I'm searching for a easy way to avoid that or to have more customizability on the install process

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.