Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1101 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

@Alien: Sorry, had V7 which seems to be rewritten.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1102 -Dele-

-Dele-

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Hey! thanks for this great tool, made me buy the EE versions to play some modded bg again! Im using BWS on standard settings on BG EE

It tries to install something called AC_QUEST[EN] but doesn't download it at all, same for something called ACBre[en]

I noticed that the BGee installer has an expired link for The Picture Standard - Vanilla.zip - and it doesn't accept it when provided manually, perhaps an updated file?

Also, it doesnt seem to download bgeegraphics13.part3.rar

Sarada's magic mod stalls on the following error:

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND_EARLY'
Resource [AMELM01.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [saradas_magic_2\!Sar25j.d]: Failure("resource [AMELM01.DLG] not found for 'APPEND_EARLY'")

Also a ton of errors on other mods, have i chosen wrong mods or is the EE support no in yet? im using the GOG version of BGEE

#1103 -Dele-

-Dele-

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

Sorry for the above post- looks like my BWS install had gone bonkers, im reinstalling now.

#1104 Dele

Dele
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Sorry for the triple post - i decided to register so i can edit my posts.

Ok - redid the install and ran into the following issues:

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [saradas_magic_2\!Sar25j.d]: Failure("resource [AMELM01.DLG] not found for 'APPEND_EARLY'")

This is for saradas magic, but i noticed that its installing saradas magic 2 and im using BG:EE(not bg2:ee) and i believe saradas magic 2 is BG2 only.

Kit tomes for BG:EE :

ERROR: [override/AR0100.TIS] has size 17551384: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU (max 16777211)
ERROR: error loading [override/AR0100.TIS]

Not sure what causes this, if i understand correctly installing this mod for EE requires some special steps(moving files to a temp folder)

IWDIfication

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [hlolaf.cre] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]

It also tries to install this:

SKIPPING: [Cespenar can forge SoA items]
    This component is only available for BG2: ToB

Also the following minor error:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Graphics Overhaul part 2: The Mod itself (bgeegraphics13.part2.rar)
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Graphics Overhaul part 3: The Mod itself (bgeegraphics13.part3.rar)
The following mods cannot be installed because of missing dependence:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Graphics Overhaul

This is fixed by manually extracting the rars

----

I noticed EET branch in bitbucket has fixes for some of these- is it fine to use it just for BGEE install?

Edited by Dele, 03 April 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#1105 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

[EDIT: Moved to new topic. Ignore this.]

Edited by Ser Elryk, 04 April 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#1106 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

I noticed EET branch in bitbucket has fixes for some of these- is it fine to use it just for BGEE install?
Hey folks, I need some help as I still don't understand a shit about how BWS is developed/released novadays. So, following changelog link in Aliens post, I have found BWS place on that bitbucket.org site everyone mentions around. Poking randomly in various places there I've found that the latest official release of BWS is dated 02 March, and there's these "branches" also, which I understand as "different not released versions under construction". Am I right so far? Now, branch called "EET" has most recent "commits", which I understand as "changes made to", making it more than a month up to date than latest official release. Am I still correct? So, when I want the latest BWS, I believe I want this version. Now, how should I get it, because I've found no download link for branches, only for official releases under downloads section? Also, will it work for my vanilla BG/BG2, or is intended only for EET?

I would be glad if someone could help me out with this bitbucket thing :)

Edited by Creepin, 04 April 2015 - 03:40 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1107 Misant

Misant
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

Hello,

Is this help you ?

dvjl5WP.jpg

#1108 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

I don`t know why but all the dependencies between tactics/BP/SCS are missing from my BWS (downloaded latest from aliens signature)

#1109 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

@dragonian:
Dunno, I still see them.
If you search for BP(, you'll get 80 hits. I don't know if that's less than you expected. So what you're doing / selecting / looking for?
Just a hunch: If you just clicked next, you're in a BG:EE game...

@Creepin:
"Normal" downloads get packed every now and then (like after a new BWP release).
Master is the current snapshot branch that fixes errors / adds stuff on a regular basis.
EET is the master-snapshot plus EET-support. It was some testing/development involved and EET is still beta because of the water colour-issue and the "go" from the author is pending. So until then, you could technically install EET with the BWS, but since EET was removed from the configuration, you can't do that. ;)
GLOBAL-INI was a testing branch for moving mod-configurations into a global-folder. It's just to prevent multiple instances of the same information since the BWS does not only install BWP but EE1 and EE2 and so on, so mods like scs, atweaks don't have to be maintained 4 or 5 times if something new comes up. It's more a internal thing that you should not notice much. It takes a few seconds to create the old formatted files in the folders if you select a game for the first time, but that's all. It was merges into the master branch already.

Edited by dabus, 04 April 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#1110 zigma9114

zigma9114
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

Hello I have a question:
In Level 1 NPC, if I install the mod manually, there are options to change companions prestige class, and something like that. Are these options available when installing using BWS? I remember installing BWS like 3 or 4 years ago and it didin't have these options.

#1111 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:06 PM

Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII is now officially v12 and available from the Downloads Page. Direct Link: https://kerzenburg.b...oadlatest&id=62

#1112 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

@Misant & dabus: thanks a lot, now I finally understand what version of BWS means what, and how to get them! Much appreciated!

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#1113 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

Dabus: I mrean that I downloaded latest version from Aliens signature and when i am choosing components that i want to install(loaded tactic version and chosen ones i want to play) there are no "SCS component x is prefered to BP component x and Tactics component x" when i click on BP/SCS/Tactics components and during instalation i got a lot of "This mod was installed already with BP skipping component x this is probably due to missing dependecies" or something similar.

#1114 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

@dragonian

Can you upload the debug file, so that I can see what components have been skipped?

#1115 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:38 AM

Sure
Like i said in earlier versions each SCS/BP/Tactics component had "SCS component X is prefered to..." or similar when i was choosing components for my latest install none of those had dependencies(it might be something on my side but i don`t really have any idea what - all other components had dependencies).

Attached Files

#1116 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

No, this is not the file I'm looking for. I need a BiG World Debug.7z or Setup-Tactics.debug that are in your game folder. And BiG World Setup\Config\BWP\Game.ini too.

#1117 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

Ok sorry :)

Game.7z is Game.ini as i was not permitted to attach .ini file

Attached Files

#1118 -Vidmaster-

-Vidmaster-

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Nice to see development continues, go on brave friends!

#1119 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

@dragonian: BWS has an ini-size limit that was breached by the increasing size of the BWS mods-connections.
Having smiling imps mods and all those protrait mods just made it visible.

Seems like that limit was not increased in AutoIt3 after support for older Windows versions was dropped, so I guess I'll have a look at some user defined solutions.

Edited by dabus, 07 April 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#1120 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

I am using vista on laptop where i did that install.