Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1081 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

I'm searching for a easy way to avoid that or to have more customizability on the install process

Open an editor, find the kits own HLA .2da file, it's filename will always start with the LU-prefix, if it lacks the "GA_SPCL915" in any of the 24 lines, add it/replace it as one, save the file, and play the game. Now you'll always be able to have the Use All Items as a HLA.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1082 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Gavin BG1 v9 beta was updated and the install bug fixed. Thank you again for the help!

The link was changed to: http://kerzenburg.ba...avin_v9beta.zip

This link will stay the same for further updates.

#1083 -Misant-

-Misant-

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:26 AM

Bugreport of the current BWS snapshot:

aTweaks: Restore innate paladin disease immunity conflicts with it's own component Rangers animal empathy improves with experience, and both of these components conflicts with the mod Lost Items component Monk bonus (something like that). Bug is critical since all 3 components are installed by default.

Hello,

I don't understand this, what is the conflict and how can a Paladin related tweak can conflict with one for Rangers ?

Or maybe I didn't understand the entire sentence.

Could you please explain ?

Thanks.

#1084 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:38 AM

There should not be any conflict. It seems somewhere in the code climbed unfortunate mistake and guess I'm know where. Will be fixed later.

#1085 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:52 AM

Bugreport of the current BWS snapshot:

aTweaks: Restore innate paladin disease immunity conflicts with it's own component Rangers animal empathy improves with experience, and both of these components conflicts with the mod Lost Items component Monk bonus (something like that). Bug is critical since all 3 components are installed by default.

Hello,

I don't understand this, what is the conflict and how can a Paladin related tweak can conflict with one for Rangers ?

Or maybe I didn't understand the entire sentence.

Could you please explain ?

Thanks.

I see now that I was being unclear. To explain, my post was specificly about bugs in the BWS installer, not in the mods themselves. So, the components I mentioned do not conflict with eachother, however the BWS claims that they do. Thus the BWS will prevent you from installing them at the same time which is wrong. Which is why I reported it. I hope this made it clearer :)

Quiet has fixed it in the latest snapshot it seems. Thanks Quiet!

#1086 -Misant-

-Misant-

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

I hope this made it clearer :)

Thanks, for your explanation :) now I understand.

#1087 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Any eta on a new BWS version?

The one in the lower link (beta?) seems to have some empty entries.

#1088 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

Bug in current snapshot:

Ascalons questpack can not be installed.

Spoiler

The error:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Ascalon's Questpack: Content for BG 1

D:\Games\BGII - SoA>
ERROR: No translation provided for @146
ERROR: parsing [tb#compile_patches/AC_QUEST/D/ACQ16000.D]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [AC_QUEST/D/ACQ16000.D]!
ERROR: Not_found
Ascalon's Questpack: Content for BG 1 (Ascalons Questpack) was not installed due to errors.

Can I do something to repair this locally? Also does this have something to do with the textpack interfering still?

#1089 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Yes, it's probably Textpack interfering with Ascalon's Questpack, since the @146 is provided in the package 2.00b_150205. Also, this mod version has an own English language version that is by far better than the textpack one.

So, before installation of your mods, delete the folder "BiG World Textpack ENGLISH/AC_QUEST" in the English Textpack. Then, Ascalon's Questpack should be installable (and also have a good English version).

If you already applied the Textpack and now only have the problem of Ascalon's Questpack not installing, download a new copy of the mod and use that one without the textpack changes.

#1090 countingdown7

countingdown7
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

I'll list other issues later, but just to let you guys know, the websites

the program sends you to, after it cannot download some mods

badly infect your computer. I mean, I haven't seen this many

viruses ever. And I've used computers for over 2 decades.

Here's what one of the great malware/viruses had to say upon

an uninstall attempt.

"We're organization, which utilizes your unused computer power and broadband connection to crawl the web.
Please don't remove idle crawler because it costs you absolutely nothing. It don't do anything bad to you, as soon as it silent non-disturbing crawler."

#1091 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

Um i downloaded most of the mods that did not download automatically and i have clean PC :)

Will there be new release of BWS because of new BWP released by Leonardo? :)

Edited by dragonian, 24 March 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#1092 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

Um i downloaded most of the mods that did not download automatically and i have clean PC :)
Will there be new release of BWS because of new BWP released by Leonardo? :)

Yes, the when though is likely yet to be decided as Leonardo's work needs to be replicated into the BWS by ALIENQuake, Silent or Quiet, and made sure that it kinda works. You can actually follow the process here. And download the incomplete product from here, or from ALIEN's signature's "Download" -link, see it's the same.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1093 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

Yeah i know that The Imp :)

And thank you Alien for answering. I know that it will take a lot of time to incorporate changes by Leonardo into your program :) No hurry, i will try to install the game using BWP.pdf and hopefully i will be able to provide some insight and help to you hard woking guys :)

#1094 countingdown7

countingdown7
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

After much struggle, I am back online ~sigh~ What I initially was

intending to post was the following errors I received from the

bws setup application:

-Summary-
These selected downloads are defect:

Animus: Sentient Weapon
The Picture Standard for BG:EE
The Picture Standard for BG:EE
Finished.

Thought it might be worth updating those that track this sort

of thing.

#1095 Misant

Misant
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

Hello,

I have 3 question about missing content in BWS (BWS: BiG World Project (detailed customization)):

1) The Divine Remix 

The Divine Remix mod have a French translation since November 2, 2014 as said by the readme : http://www.gibberlin...vine_remix.html

Why it isn't in BWS ?

2) BG1 NPC Project :

In bg1npc.ini the is a ligne with number 16 :

@16=The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn

This line insn't displayed in English (or in French). Why ?

oTorm9e.png

Edit : Maybe incompatible with BGT (It's what I found from google) ?

3)BG1 NPC Project :

There is an option with no information about it (In English and in French) :

4DYYezt.png

What is it ? and can this be corrected ?

nb : English insn't my mother tongue so I don't know if the way I wrote seems to be rude or something like that but if it is, that's not my goal here :)

nb2: "Issue" was checked only in english/french, don't know for other languages.

Edited by Misant, 31 March 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#1096 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

1) Maybe just missed it. BWS contains 640 mods, so that would be possible.

2) BWP guide says not to since it would be not compatible wit BGT.

3) That is an "init"-entry for following multiple-choice(s), but it has a different "setting" as the others, so it shows up in a different area.
Open your games select.txt look for BG1NPC and this will fix it.
MUC;bg1npc;Init;05;1111;
MUC;bg1npc;29;05;1111;
MUC;bg1npc;30;05;0000;

Or you can try the build in editor and change it that way.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1097 Misant

Misant
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

Hello Dabus,

1) Yeah, that's why I reported this, I want to understand if it's a missed feature or if there is another reason.

2) Ok it confirm what I saw on google, thanks

3) I will try this :) thanks.

==> It works :)

Edited by Misant, 31 March 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#1098 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

You can add the components when you're in the selection screen. Dump the mod into the BG2-folder, choose Options > Admin > components.
A new screen appears and you can choose the Divine Remix at the top. Then choose the translation at the bottom and copy and paste the French translation from left to right screen. by selecting all entries and using the shortcut [STRG]+[C). Save with [STRG]+[s) and restart the BWS.
Or add this to the WeiDU-FR.ini

Spoiler

But as I write this, I see that there's a difference between the mods versions, so you'll also have to adjust select.txt (which can also be done with the build in editor...).
Seems like install spells was stripped and a new core-component went in...

Edited by dabus, 31 March 2015 - 10:49 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1099 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

1) The Divine Remix 
The Divine Remix mod have a French translation since November 2, 2014 as said by the readme : http://www.gibberlin...vine_remix.html
Why it isn't in BWS ?
The initial v8 release didn't include an updated French translation. It was updated just recently.

#1100 Misant

Misant
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

Hello,

@ALIEN & Dabus thanks !