Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1541 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

Does the development for BWS still on going or is it stopped right now? Is the latest BWS compatible with the latest BWP

Truthfully it's neither here or there. The two are a bit different, the BWS is a tool to be used for everyone, while the BWP is a special build for manual installers that have already every single one of the mods that each version comes out with, and it's a .bat compilation.

And yes, the BWS is updated, get the download from the first post, or from here(direct download -file, that gets dis-directed to the actual file*)... latest was 5 days ago, the Afaaq mods 1.5 -> 1.6 that time. That with the BWP Fixpacks updates, which don't need BWS updates, and so on and you have updates enough.

*the file being "BigWorldSetup....580f90f4611c.zip" at the moment, if an update comes, it will be something else.

Edited by The Imp, 30 September 2015 - 11:10 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1542 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

I just upped a commit and wanted to know if there was any particular reason for the old npc_strongholds link (except that it's a ZIP and the new version is an EXE :P)

Also, why connect to bg1ub's master branch when there are beta releases out? Yes it's updated but I don't think the master releases are tested and stuff :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#1543 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

Lollorian, have you added the fix for Firkraag revised battles?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#1544 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

Sandrah NPC + RtF updated to version 1.09

New download links to be independent of failed SHS download section

SandrahNPC

SandrahRTF Pt1

SandrahRTF Pt2

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1545 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:47 AM

SandrahNPC

SandrahRTF Pt1

SandrahRTF Pt2
Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
And I've not even updated the BWS links yet :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#1546 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:34 AM

SandrahNPC

SandrahRTF Pt1

SandrahRTF Pt2
Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Momentarily fixed - meanwhile I am investigating github with Alien's help for hosting - SHS own download system still out of order.

I propose to wait for BWS link update for the moment.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 October 2015 - 04:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1547 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:55 AM

I just upped a commit and wanted to know if there was any particular reason for the old npc_strongholds link (except that it's a ZIP and the new version is an EXE :P)

because it's RAR self-extracting archive, exe = visible icon

No. Because rar is a newer version than exe, as says author of mod here and in readme from the rar.
By the way, mod have already updated to version 7.

#1548 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

because it's RAR self-extracting archive, exe = visible icon

No. Because rar is a newer version than exe, as says author of mod here and in readme from the rar.
By the way, mod have already updated to version 7.

Understood :) I hope you would forgive my confusion because the TP2 seemed to say "v1" when the G3 EXE version has "v2" in the TP2 :lol:

Will update the links soon - once I get Sarah downloaded and checked :P (the traffic issue comes up intermittently)

#1549 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

SandrahNPC

SandrahRTF Pt1

SandrahRTF Pt2
Error (429)

Momentarily fixed - meanwhile I am investigating github with Alien's help for hosting - SHS own download system still out of order.

I propose to wait for BWS link update for the moment.

Seems like dropbox links are working now steadily-

I currently have no alternative - SHS own download system seems to be permanently out of order - github is too expert for me to do a simple upload with the tutorials they provide.

It worked in the past for the last month with the previous version as well.

The Sandrah Saga

#1550 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

- github is too expert for me to do a simple upload with the tutorials they provide. & This.
Aka if anyone has a good tutorial for a mod maker on "How to use github" tutorial, here's a wonderful point to link to one. I would also want to not actually learn, but see how to do it anyways.
Yep, say we have a .tp2 programming skills, the ability to use Notepad++, nothing else, should be required.

Edited by The Imp, 10 October 2015 - 11:22 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1551 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:48 PM

@Roxanne: Might I suggest another temporary hosting site? Google Drive for example? All 3 of Sarah's packages are sitting at 50-70% downloaded and are not proceeding further :(

#1552 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

@Roxanne: Might I suggest another temporary hosting site? Google Drive for example? All 3 of Sarah's packages are sitting at 50-70% downloaded and are not proceeding further :(

I have managed to get the first part SandrahNPC up to github (do not ask how, I do not know myself),

But - what you get from there is a master.zip that contains some extra data beside the mod. You cannot directly use it in your game directory but need to extract it to somewhere and then move SandraNPC folder, tp2 and setup.exe to the game directory. Or am I doing something wrong??

This is the download link

https://github.com/R...master.zip?dl=1

Here is the link to github directory https://github.com/R...eSHS/SandrahNPC

The Sandrah Saga

#1553 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:11 AM

Roxanne, it's definitely what BWS needs - the whole process of "extract it to somewhere and then move SandraNPC folder, tp2 and setup.exe to the game directory." is covered by BWS when downloading something from guthub.

Roxanne, it's definitely what BWS needs - the whole process of "extract it to somewhere and then move SandraNPC folder, tp2 and setup.exe to the game directory." is covered by BWS when downloading something from guthub.

That is clear even to me. The problem when hosting a mod this way on github is for those who do not use BWS to install. They need to be aware of those extra steps??

PS I am still struggling to get the second part up to github. If it works the advantage would be that it can be in one download instead of the two parts it has now due to size. So far I am only successful in producing ever new error messages - but I am persistent.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 October 2015 - 08:14 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1554 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

I've probably asked this before (and have probably got an answer as well) but anyway, would it be possible to just test all mod downloads I have without checking for conflicts? (I'm sure this was answered before so I'm really sorry in advance)

Also, with the latest BWS master, I wanted to test for 1PP high quality music so I went with an "Expert" selection and tried to "Add -> All" and "Mark -> All" but it still didn't want to automatically select 1PP HQ music :( What am I doing wrong?

#1555 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Dropbox eliminated itself by disabling the files due to too much traffic once again.

I checked Google Drive but they have a similar daily limit (just do not openly say it)

Github has failed on SandrahRtF because of max single file limit of 100mb - there is a single wed file in the mod of 136mb. So now I try to find why that wed file is extremely large (no other wed has such a size). If I can find a solution, I will use github further, otherwise I need to look for other alternatives.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 October 2015 - 12:45 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1556 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

Github has failed on SandrahRtF because of max single file limit of 100mb - there is a single wed file in the mod of 136mb. So now I try to find why that wed file is extremely large (no other wed has such a size). If I can find a solution, I will use github further, otherwise I need to look for other alternatives.

There is a way to push large files to a GitHub repository if you make use of the Git Large File Storage (Git LFS) extension. You can find out more on this page. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know what is involved in the process.

I'm curious. WED files only contain tile indices and polygon vertices, which don't require much space (usually no more than 1 MB). Does it contain garbage data or an exceedingly large number of wall polygons? Have you tried loading and saving this file in DLTCEP? This tool reorders the file structure automatically if needed and might also remove unused data.

#1557 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:31 PM

There is a way to push large files to a GitHub repository if you make use of the Git Large File Storage (Git LFS) extension. You can find out more on this page. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know what is involved in the process.

I'm curious. WED files only contain tile indices and polygon vertices, which don't require much space (usually no more than 1 MB). Does it contain garbage data or an exceedingly large number of wall polygons? Have you tried loading and saving this file in DLTCEP? This tool reorders the file structure automatically if needed and might also remove unused data.

I will try both your proposals during the day, will report back later.

This is the file in question

Edited by Roxanne, 11 October 2015 - 10:57 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1558 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:56 AM

I will try both your proposals during the day, will report back later.

This is the file in question

There seems to be no way to use github for my mod. After all struggle I received this

"Sorry, we had to truncate this directory to 1,000 files. 400 entries were omitted from the list."

The Sandrah Saga

#1559 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

RTF166.WED does indeed contain about 140 MB of unused data. I can't repair the file myself as I'd also need the ARE file for this, but the real size of this WED shouldn't exceed 41 kb.

#1560 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

It's only a message for Github WEB interface, not for the git itself. I believe you files were uploaded but you won't be able to list them all via web interface.

It's only a message for Github WEB interface, not for the git itself. I believe you files were uploaded but you won't be able to list them all via web interface.

I just check that - I download the mod from github and compare it to the original to see all is there.

Hope you are right.

The Sandrah Saga