kreso's reccomended BWS mods

reccomended bws

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

As usual, you'll have to check your logs in BiG World Setup\logs. After the install is done, the files are moved into a subfolder with a timestamp.
See if you mod got downloaded, extracted or if the install itself failed. If the mod is not listed in the download-part, it's likely not selected at all. In that case, check BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini. If the mod is found underneath the [Save]-section, it was selected, if it's underneath [DeSave], it was not.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#62 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

;)

Kreso, I've found your k'selection.ini. I've got a question to ask. Would you consider fair upping my experience to level 13, as soon as I spawn inside irenicus dungeon ?,

Fair by what means? If it makes you happy--it's ur game. :)

Edit: I was installing via your k'selection.ini, but it seems that item revision doesn't get installed :|

This should be answered by BW guys, sorry.

I mean the fact that per-se, a adventure where you start level 9, without SCS and all those challenging mods is "fair". But if you add all those mods and things get progressively harder, is the game still balanced without adding other mods?

As usual, you'll have to check your logs in BiG World Setup\logs. After the install is done, the files are moved into a subfolder with a timestamp.
See if you mod got downloaded, extracted or if the install itself failed. If the mod is not listed in the download-part, it's likely not selected at all. In that case, check BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini. If the mod is found underneath the [Save]-section, it was selected, if it's underneath [DeSave], it was not.

I selected it all the times. It seems that the check itself failed, not once, but 6 times. I'm trying to install Bws from this morning. I didn't understand what was the problem, until one hour ago - 18:00. The problem lied within the fact that the checker (The one that starts and is supposed to download lal the mods, seems to be ignoring Item revision, and doesn't even

Edited by Sergio, 12 October 2014 - 09:40 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#63 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

I mean the fact that per-se, a adventure where you start level 9, without SCS and all those challenging mods is "fair". But if you add all those mods and things get progressively harder, is the game still balanced without adding other mods?

Well....this k's selection doesn't include Spell Revisions (it will once SRv4 is out). 

Thus, my advice would be:

- pick up 2 mages at least (I'd take Jan and Xan, fwiw)

- spam the following spells:

- Slow

- Emotion

- Greater Malison

You'll soon see the game (especially w/o balancing these 3 early spells) is actually very, very easy, at least until Underdark, but by that time you should be fairly powerful (my guess is you'll have HLA's somewhere around Bodhi in ch.6 with the mod selection and full party)

#64 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Download-Check fails since the dev opted to put it on mediafire instead of a "good" fileserver (like g3, shs and so on) without a "click to download"-button that forces manual downloads. (So this is a problem that lasts perhaps ... 3 years?)

If you choose to skip failed downloads, it will never get past the "failed" download-stage that tells you that you'd have to download / provide the file manually.

Edited by dabus, 12 October 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#65 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

Well, I'll wait for your definitive list.

@dabus. Thanks. But the truth is I didn't skip, or the BWS setup would have never asked me to download Ninja-to and waki fix, that I was unable to find anywhere. z.z

Edited by Sergio, 12 October 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#66 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

As said, if it's not installed, you have to look at the steps that are taken till there.
If the mod was selected and in your [save]-section, the fixes for the mod will (tried to) be loaded as the mod itself.
If that fails and you selected to continue without noticing, extraction may be skipped...
If extraction fails and you selected to continue without prompting, that's the same (skipped install).
If something fails to install and is a pre-requirement for the item_rev mod, item_rev might not be installed due to that.

As said, this should be found somewhere in those logs (might be right at the end for download / extraction).

Edit: K also installs these and not the main component: item_rev=10 11 12 13 15 17 1050 1070 1080. So I think you should be able to install these at the end of the install if you miss those.

Edited by dabus, 12 October 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#67 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thank you dabus! Damn helpful as always.

@Kreso: I've got a question to ask you: may I ask why you didn't select every component inside LOLFIXER?

What is the random treasure feature listed amongst the Aurora's shoes and boots that you selected?

Is branwen npc by Kulyok worth it?

Edited by Sergio, 12 October 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#68 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

@Kreso: I've got a question to ask you: may I ask why you didn't select every component inside LOLFIXER?

What is the random treasure feature listed amongst the Aurora's shoes and boots that you selected?

Is branwen npc by Kulyok worth it?

1) I can't really remember what components of LFixer I didn't use. I'm fairly certain I didn't use "proper icon assigner" since I don't think that some item which gives resistance to example fire should have that icon. If it gives immunity, then yes. 

Otherwise you end up having 40 icons over character portrait in the late-game, and that's ugly imo.

2) I think it's "realistic" I chose, no? If I didn't, you end up with level 7-8 scrolls in BG1. Oh, and pray tell, is the main component being installed before SCS or after SCS? It really shoud go before, while the rest can go after, so SCS (and aTweaks) patch the items for immunities.

3) Yea...I like having the same party through BG1-BG2-ToB, and Kulyok's version should be the best for Branwen. Another point - she's bug-free afaik, which is very important imo.

Edited by kreso, 12 October 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#69 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM

Finding a lvl 7-8 scroll in BG1 is an awesome moment though. ;)

Happened only two times in my 10+ playthroughs (Control Undead and Summon Fiend [especially powerful with PnP5]) and can easily help you with a not min/max'd rp party in combination with SCS.

Edited by Vlan, 30 October 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#70 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Oh, and pray tell, is the main component being installed before SCS or after SCS? It really shoud go before, while the rest can go after, so SCS (and aTweaks) patch the items for immunities.
I agree with kreso that Aurora should go before SCS. Just, there is one problem that I encountered in latest dealings with SCS.
Aurora main component, BGTTweak component Enemy items shatter and some others like RR, adds their own scripts to lot of creatures.
So, when it comes to SCS, some creatures have all 5 script slots filled and SCS skips that creature.
It happened to me when I installed Aurora before SCS. Even some important ones, like sirines and Tamoko.
You can always check if SCS skipped anyone, after installing SCS, open "Setup-stratagems.Debug" in notepad and search for "failed".

Edited by Mad Mate, 30 October 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#71 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Finding a lvl 7-8 scroll in BG1 is an awesome moment though. ;)

Happened only two times in my 10+ playthroughs (Control Undead and Summon Fiend [especially powerful with PnP5]) and can easily help you with a not min/max'd rp party in combination with SCS.

Well, I currenty use BGSpawn w/o Aurora for balancing and have found on Gnolls: Flesh to Stone, Simulacrum, Mordy Sword :ROFL:

Aurora main component, BGTTweak component Enemy items shatter and some others like RR, adds their own scripts to lot of creatures.
So, when it comes to SCS, some creatures have all 5 script slots filled and SCS skips that creature.
It happened to me when I installed Aurora before SCS. Even some important ones, like sirines and Tamoko.
You can always check if SCS skipped anyone, after installing SCS, open "Setup-stratagems.Debug" in notepad and search for "failed".

This is bad. I don't reccomend Enemy item shattering, however, I don't like that. Thus RR "Revised thief pickpocketing", Aurora and SCS should work, no?

#72 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

This is bad. I don't reccomend Enemy item shattering, however, I don't like that. Thus RR "Revised thief pickpocketing", Aurora and SCS should work, no?
I think it should be OK, but better check debug file after installing to be sure.
What is happening, is, ie Tamoko have 2 script in vanilla (3, but wtasight is replaceable by aurora & SCS), RR adds 1, so that is 3, then if you install Aurora, you have 4.
SCS genAI component want to add 2 scripts, and it fails. After that SCS priest comp. removes vanilla priest script, 1 genAI script and adds 1 SCS cleric script.
So if you install Aurora after SCS, this won't happen. I have a feeling that this is reason why Leonardo placed Aurora there.
If you already have some install, you can check with any text editor in SCS debug file, search for "failed", and if no word is found, SCS install went good.

Edited by Mad Mate, 30 October 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#73 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

So if you install Aurora after SCS, this won't happen. I have a feeling that this is reason why Leonardo placed Aurora there.

If you install it after, boots with immunites (Web and similar) won't protect you from SCS altered spells. :(

#74 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

I moved the RR components "Revised Thievery" and "Shadow Thief Improvements" after SCS and thus I have no "Failed to find a space to insert script" message.
However, when I move Aurora before SCS I have some of them again. What other mods add their own scripts to creatures? Perhaps I can also move them after SCS to solve the problem.

#75 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

I moved the RR components "Revised Thievery" and "Shadow Thief Improvements" after SCS and thus I have no "Failed to find a space to insert script" message.
However, when I move Aurora before SCS I have some of them again. What other mods add their own scripts to creatures? Perhaps I can also move them after SCS to solve the problem.

Other then "Enemy items shatter" and those you mentioned, I don't know any mass script-adding mod.

You could change-log those cres that fail at SCS, like I did with Tamoko.

#76 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Question, kreso: any chance you are going to post the 'fixes' we should do to 'fixpack' for a better vanilla experience? :D

#77 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:30 AM

Question, kreso: any chance you are going to post the 'fixes' we should do to 'fixpack' for a better vanilla experience? :D

Yes. I need a working link for Fixpack introduced changes however.

#78 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

Yes. I need a working link for Fixpack introduced changes however.

Ah, so you can only claim that there's something wrong with it, while you have no clues on what actually wrong with it. Yes, the documents are offline EDIT: well the readme's link is:

...but appears to be intentional, we generally fix those as an Optional But Cool component. Complete documentation is available on the G3 web site.

But you could make a request thread in the Fixpacks forums and ASK them yourself. :tease: Or just admit that you like the attention you get from saying stuff about it. While being an @$$⇂-⇂0lǝ ... :ROFL: ... here, do this. :cheers:

@Dakk, indeed it is!

Edited by The Imp, 13 January 2015 - 11:58 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#79 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

Is this the droids documentation you are looking for?

#80 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Is this the droids documentation you are looking for?

Yes, thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reccomended, bws