BGEE/2?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 -Guestish-

-Guestish-

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hey.

Will Aurora work with BGEE/BGEE2 if use an updated version of weidu to install her?  I know journal entries won't work, but will everything else function okay, or will there be problems?

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Unfortunately, it will not work with EE, at least not the main component. Some of the subcomponents might work fine. The main component, however, depends on the Infinity Animations schema for adding animations, which is not compatible with EE. So I'd have to overhaul that pretty substantially. (I have a number of other fixes and new features, including a fairly sizeable new quest mostly written; it's just a question of finding the time to implement everything.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm hoping for the best, Miloch!  Let it not be said that *this* Bhaalspawn died without her Aurora boots on.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#4 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'm hoping for the best, Miloch!  Let it not be said that *this* Bhaalspawn died without her Aurora boots on.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

All things considered, she'd rather you ascended in them--it is much better advertising. You could get married in them, if you'd rather. Dying is overrated, even for heroes..

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#5 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

All things considered, she'd rather you ascended in them--it is much better advertising. You could get married in them, if you'd rather. Dying is overrated, even for heroes..

Now *THAT* would be one heck of a celebrity endorsement!

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

Unfortunately, it will not work with EE, at least not the main component. Some of the subcomponents might work fine. The main component, however, depends on the Infinity Animations schema for adding animations, which is not compatible with EE. So I'd have to overhaul that pretty substantially. (I have a number of other fixes and new features, including a fairly sizeable new quest mostly written; it's just a question of finding the time to implement everything.)

For my own testing of EET, I made my own stripped down version of Aurora for EET, very similar to shadowlich's approach for TDD(z), i.e. I modified the tp2 in such a way that the contents related stuff installs and leave the tweaks, animations etc out.

This way I got a working Karea, Tomthal, Aurora in BG1 and BG2 part, their mini quests, shops and dialogues, also some random items on enemies, the extra caves and the two slave gnome encounters. This is just proof for technical feasibility, it just required some modification of tp2, the setup-tra and the few journal entries.

Do you see any chance that we may see such a release for EET?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

I don't have a whole lot of time these days, but feel free to send it to me if you still have it. It's better than not being compatible at all, I guess. We do a similar stripped-down install for vanilla BG1 due to its limitations.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

I don't have a whole lot of time these days, but feel free to send it to me if you still have it. It's better than not being compatible at all, I guess. We do a similar stripped-down install for vanilla BG1 due to its limitations.

Honestly, it does a bit more than just tp2 modification (changes some area references and cre animations to EET resources). Sadly, I did not document these things since it was only intended for intermediate private use (until a real one would be published by you). Anyway, I will send you a link via PM so you can see yourself.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:55 AM

And what about BG2EE without EET? I was among testers and helped with Aurora ToB and I must say I feel a bit disappointed that there is no version for EE...

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

I can't speak for Aurora ToB since I believe it is essentially a standalone mod, one that relies largely on dialogue. As such, it wouldn't be too difficult to convert to EE (in theory). As for Aurora's Shoes, it seems Roxanne has made a stripped-down version but I still have not had time to look at it. A lot of things would be totally different in the EE engine (such as animations), so that would require a whole lot of reengineering. If someone's up to it, more power to them. I could probably do it in a couple of weeks, but sadly, I do not have a couple of weeks.

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

I can't speak for Aurora ToB since I believe it is essentially a standalone mod, one that relies largely on dialogue. As such, it wouldn't be too difficult to convert to EE (in theory). As for Aurora's Shoes, it seems Roxanne has made a stripped-down version but I still have not had time to look at it. A lot of things would be totally different in the EE engine (such as animations), so that would require a whole lot of reengineering. If someone's up to it, more power to them. I could probably do it in a couple of weeks, but sadly, I do not have a couple of weeks.

The mini version of Deep Gnomes uses the (new) animations provided by the SoD  and the vanilla ones as far as needed for the limited contents.

Edited by Roxanne, 04 April 2017 - 08:43 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

Animation bams may be copied between versions and they work just fine. The only condition is that the game uses 2.0+ engine.

#13 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Hello! Please tell me if there is any news about the version of BG2:EE? Could you publish at least an incomplete version of the version, which you reported above? A lot of people are waiting for the version EE :(

#14 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:16 AM

Are there any news? What exactly needs to be done in order for the mod to work with the BG2EE?

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

We are waiting on an update to revise Infinity Animations, which this mod depends on if present. If EE is present, we will have to overhaul the animation scheme to use EE's scheme (which is substantially different right now). I'm not intimately familiar with all of the technical issues with IA since other modders (namely Gwendolyne and Sam.) are looking into this, but I expect to help with an update to this mod once that's done (unless other commitments shanghai me again as they've done for the past several years).

#16 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:23 AM

I really wanted to see the update of the mod so that it would work with EE:)

Edited by Austin, 01 December 2019 - 05:24 AM.

#17 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:16 AM

How fares news on EET compatible versions?

Thankee!

#18 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:11 PM

I got tired of waiting for someone else to add EE compatibility to this mod, so I did it myself :) Here is the BG2:EE-compatible version of this mod: https://www.dropbox....3 (EE).zip?dl=0
And, unlike the shortened version of Roxanne ("Deep Gnomes..."), here the mod is transferred to the EE engine completely, including new animations and all components (except for the "Shorten BG2 intros" component, because you can skip the intros on EE and this component does not make sense here)

Perhaps my way of coding is bad and it could have been done more correctly, but I did the best I can. The installation is successful, everything works correctly in the game, I did not find any bugs.

The mod can also be installed on EET, but on this version of the game there may be errors in the game, this requires testing.

But this version is only suitable for EE game. I had to give up compatibility with the "classic" version of the game because of too much complexity of such work. Hopefully someone will release a merged version in the future, but for now I've commented out (disabled) the lines that worked on Tutu/BG2 and added a requirement to have an BG2:EE or EET version to install.

Edited by Austin, 11 August 2022 - 04:17 AM.

#19 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:43 PM

Man, that's fantastic. Many thanks for handling this. Don't worry about missing classic BG2 compatibility or coding style, the most important thing is that we can now have full EE version  :cheers:

Remarks:
- remove Download from .ini because it will overwrite whole mod during mod update

- I'm getting error on clean BG2EE:

Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [%tst%halantr.bcs] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Aurora's Shoes and Boots], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  31 files for [AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled     31 files for [AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("resource [%tst%halantr.bcs] not found for 'COPY'")
Please make a backup of the file: debugs/SETUP-AURORA.DEBUG and look for support at: www.shsforums.net/forum/418-auroras-shoes/
Using Language [English]

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#20 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 05:29 PM

... clean BG2EE:

Seems to me the code has no reference to eval the

%tst%

-variable. Likely one just needs to make a action_if game_is to decode the files name either with or without it. Or have a feature that resolves the variable names... likely there is already one, but things can change and not get updated...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.