BAMWorkshop

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

I experienced this (colored shadows) with nearly every item in one of the EEs with my previous computer.  It doesn't happen with either of the graphics processors on my current computer, tho.  I think the issue is caused by certain GPUs and/or integrated graphics, but it will probably be hard to prove.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#42 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

I've seen this reported, not for shadows, but for the transparent entry in previous versions of BAM Workshop, very rarely on some computers. BAM Workshop makes (or used to at least) this color teal instead of green. It shouldn't matter on most computers, since the first entry always gets transparent. But some few users saw the teal instead. Or was it the pink for shadows? I forget, but there's a post buried here from years ago... I think it did seem specific to ATI or nVidia GPUs.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle