Photo

Permission to continue FFT?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:16 AM

Hi Yovaneth. Best of luck with your other interests and thanks for all your contributions to Faerun over the years.

If other modders want to continue development on FFT, including porting for EE, bug fixes and possibly new content, they would need your permission to release new versions.

Would you mind stating your position on this?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

Yovaneth has given me permission to make an Enhanced Edition port of Fishing for Trouble, so I will be starting on that over the next few days.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

Old download link removed

Edited by agb1, 21 July 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#4 -Gerri-

-Gerri-

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

https://github.com/B...3.1-pre-release

I am working on the rest of the german translation. We should stay in contact.

#5 -Gerri-

-Gerri-

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

I detected the first error! In BG2EE the village Porthpentyrch appears not on the standard Woldmap of BGEE.

#6 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:15 AM

lib/patches.tpa adds an incompatible (and duplicate) script action to the ACTION.IDS in Enhanced Edition games. It may cause mods installed afterwards to fail the installation process because of a missing reference to DIR.IDS.

#7 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:08 AM

Updated FFT to 3.1.1 - will skip patching ACTION.IDS for EE game type

https://github.com/B...ases/tag/v3.1.1

Haven't investigated the report above about the area not appearing on worldmap.

Gerri: Thanks! How is the German translation coming along?

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

lib/patches.tpa adds an incompatible (and duplicate) script action to the ACTION.IDS in Enhanced Edition games.
Only in SoDs games... it has a which just needs a bit of a hand holding ...
ACTION_IF (NOT GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet~) BEGIN // only if not EE
Erhm should the .ids patches not have double check for the .ids 'es... aka if you have:
APPEND ~ACTION.IDS~ ~337 ReallyForceSpellPointRES(S:RES*,P:Target*)~
UNLESS ~337 ReallyForceSpellPointRES(S:RES\*,P:Target\*)~
It should actually:
APPEND ~ACTION.IDS~ ~337 ReallyForceSpellPointRES(S:RES*,P:Target*)~
UNLESS (~337~ OR ~ReallyForceSpellPointRES(S:RES\*,P:Target\*)~)

???

Edited by The Imp, 21 July 2016 - 07:33 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Sooo, have anyone tried the mod on EE?

#10 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

I'm testing it right now but I can't seem to find lady ravenhair's place in the Government district, I've looked everywhere using ctrl 4 so i'm not sure if i'm being dense or something is amiss.

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:27 AM

I'm testing it right now but I can't seem to find lady ravenhair's place in the Government district, I've looked everywhere using ctrl 4 so i'm not sure if i'm being dense or something is amiss.

There is a new area Government West added by the mod (Did you select the add areas to worldmap option on install?)

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#12 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

I did, it doesn't look like it's there.

DPBfibf.jpg

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

I did, it doesn't look like it's there.

DPBfibf.jpg

You can C:MoveToArea("ys0390")

It should be between Temple and Government, unless a bug in the mod does not RevealAreaOnMap at the right time. You could check in NI on your worldmap if the area exists there.

[attachment=29030:FFTMap.bmp]

Edited by Roxanne, 11 August 2016 - 10:53 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#14 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

Thanks :) How do I check that on NI? I tried to guess with no success.

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:55 AM

Thanks :) How do I check that on NI? I tried to guess with no success.

The very last menu point of the NI lists is WMP - there are your worldmaps, In EET only the one called worldmap.wmp is used for all of the game.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 August 2016 - 10:56 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:01 AM

ap.bmp

A .jpg would have been so much better:

FFTMap.jpg

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#17 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:03 AM

Well, the map appeared after I tried to leave it after I teleported to it so I guess it's the RevealAreaOnMap that had an issue.

By the way, has anyone else tried it yet? The maps from the mods have huge artifacts.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

The maps from the mods have huge artifacts.

Would you please define this a little better ? I predict this to be the "windspeed" problem, but ... yes, that sounds odd, I know, but it's what it's referred as.

But it could be so much else too, so.

#19 GrimLefourbe

GrimLefourbe
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

It seems to be squares of another part of the map. I can't take a screenshot because accessing any menu or alt tabbing fixes it until it reappears and it only happens in full screen, so it'll be a photo of my screen sorry.

a4z3zbg.jpg

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

It seems to be squares of another part of the map. I can't take a screenshot because accessing any menu or alt tabbing fixes it until it reappears and it only happens in full screen, so it'll be a photo of my screen sorry.

a4z3zbg.jpg

I see similar effects - and also these dotted lines sometimes that seem to follow the underlying tiles. It happens randomly just like you describe. It also happens in some other maps from other mods. Obviously something to do with the other file formats used by EET.

The Sandrah Saga