Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:50 AM

I can't believe temnix decided to use an invisible minion irl

#82 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:04 AM

LOL

you really have NO clue what you're talking about. I'm not temnix. And I'm not Roxanne. They both have nothing to do with me. Don't do anything stupid like punish them for what I say/do.

Ciao.
If you would care to read OP carefully you would have noticed I wouldn't throw accusation like that without having a rock-solid proof.

I can't believe temnix decided to use an invisible minion irl
Call it occupational hazard. You know: if you stare long enough into an invisible minion... ^_^
After I read page 5 of this enlightening topic ( now deleted ) I really think it is time to lock it down.
Thank you, I somehow overlooked the idea myself. I guess anyone having an opinion on the issue has plenty of time to voice it by now. So, much as I liked the final twist, thread is locked until any further development.

Edited by Creepin, 08 May 2018 - 04:05 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#83 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

I would rather write on these boards about the games, but apparently this is a time when I must talk about some irrelevant foolishness. I thought I would wait for Creepin's response to my message, well, it's all the same. He is mistaken. I don't know what it was that was written in the Roxanne thread that he connected to me - I haven't looked there since my last post, but I don't use alts. I might have made a spare account on the boards, for the Chimeric name, if so, I haven't posted from that identity for years. If there was someone who was insulted in the other thread, I would have done any insulting to his face. Creepin seems to have vested his faith in some software or indicators or astrological charts that don't deserve it.

One possible explanation for this error, if IP addresses are involved, is that I sometimes come to the boards, and might have posted here, without switching off proxy servers that I need elsewhere. There are several of them from several countries. Maybe that threw off the system. I don't really care, and Creepin may persist in his conviction, but if there are any more administrative actions, I'm going to raise the issue with administrators. Now I will only say two things: that, if this trend continues, you can all expect dozens of "my" accounts, and probably everyone else's, posting in all sorts of topics, and that if Creepin was wrong about me, he might very well have been wrong about Roxanne.

#84 -me-

-me-

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:12 PM

Creepin seems to have vested his faith in some software or indicators or astrological charts that don't deserve it.
Creepin is borderline retarded. His paranoia and hate is clouding his judgment. Perhaps he enjoys being this cyber security guard. Of course, on top of that, with useless trashcans like Almataria posting gibberish as a guest, and the dumb Doc throwing accusations of theft and plagiarism leading other brainless sheep to parrot what he said, it's no surprise the thread would end up where it is.

#85 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

posting gibberish as a guest
Yes, that's absolute distasteful. Good thing noone does this around here.

#86 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

I am not going to post any proofs publically to not give the buggers any ideas. However, any forum member in a good standing is welcome to ask me in PM for that proofs.

My my, and here I was thinking only Roxanne has the habit of talking with her alts. Or IS it Roxanne as well?

Now I will only say two things: that, if this trend continues, you can all expect dozens of "my" accounts, and probably everyone else's, posting in all sorts of topics, and that if Creepin was wrong about me, he might very well have been wrong about Roxanne.

It's fascinating to watch people show their true colours: one crook "bargains" to deprive us of her "invaluable" bugfixes if she won't be allowed to keep lying to us, and another threating to overrun the forum with spam if he will receive due repercussion for his cheating, useless, swinish actions. Meh.

Edited by Creepin, 08 May 2018 - 01:47 PM.

#87 -me-

-me-

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Yes, that's absolute distasteful. Good thing noone does this around here.

I didn't say no one does that around here? In fact, I'm saying it's the opposite.

Surely you can see the difference between me posting nonsense as a guest all the time consistently (as I don't have an account here), and those who are too cowardly to say what they want to say under their regular nicks and therefore have to rely on the guest account to speak their mind?

#88 -me-

-me-

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

My my, and here I was thinking only Roxanne has the habit of talking with her alts. Or IS it Roxanne as well?

:D 

PLOT TWIST:

Creepin is Roxanne.   :o

#89 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

this is like if at the end of a scooby doo episode, after theyd reveal that it was Old Man Smithers all along, he decided to say no its not me, put the mask back on, and go back to fake haunting

#90 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

However, any forum member in a good standing is welcome to ask me in PM for that proofs.

May I instead ask not to lock this thread as well? It's damn too amusing a read to pass it :)

Retired from modding.

#91 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

So, so much to unpack here.

apparently this is a time when I must talk about some irrelevant foolishness.

"Must?" Really? Is "must" the right word to describe your decision to dwell on this foolishness?

One possible explanation for this error, if IP addresses are involved, is that I sometimes come to the boards, and might have posted here, without switching off proxy servers that I need elsewhere.

Wait, you're saying a proxy server setting mistakenly, coincidentally spoofed the same IP as that of another poster? Do you know what the odds of that are?

if Creepin was wrong about me, he might very well have been wrong about Roxanne.

Do you think it's really necessary to employ forensic tools to detect when someone posts under an anonymous account? This is not rocket science. It is not hard to tell. I mean, she's still doing it. Am I the only one who noticed that one of the times she was having a conversation with herself, she forgot to log out before responding as the other person?

This is not master-level spycraft, here.

I have no idea whether Creepin was correct about the temnix/-me- equivalence... I don't know whether he meant all the posts by -me- are attributable to temnix, or just one. I don't really care. Frankly if the price of a more civil and to-the-point temnix is that his id gets shunted off into a guest account - a sin-eating account designed for spewing "turd burglar" this and "retard" that, and other 10-year-old-boy insults - that seems perfectly acceptable to me.

May I instead ask not to lock this thread as well? It's damn too amusing a read to pass it :)

Seconded.

Edited by subtledoctor, 08 May 2018 - 07:44 PM.

#92 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:19 PM

Am I the only one who noticed that one of the times she was having a conversation with herself, she forgot to log out before responding as the other person?
I don't intend to dwell on this, but "PaulaMigrate" not posting at G3 was actually part of it, so to say.

Creepin: Thank you for becoming admin! SHS has an active admin, wohoo!

I second the thread not being locked. Actually, this one could be merged with the Roxanne one.

#93 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

Surely you can see the difference between me posting nonsense as a guest all the time consistently (as I don't have an account here), and those who are too cowardly to say what they want to say under their regular nicks
Actually, I can't, especially if you do it with a guest nick that was used by someone else / several people before already.

#94 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

Also, guest posting is now disabled. :)

#95 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Hell fucking yes

#96 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Thank you!

#97 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Also, guest posting is now disabled. :)

At last! Thanks. About time too! ;)

I was so close to canceling my account, so exasperated by the torrent of insults dumped (mostly anonymously) in this forum since a few months.

Edited by Gwendolyne, 08 May 2018 - 11:45 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#98 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

Wait, you're saying a proxy server setting mistakenly, coincidentally spoofed the same IP as that of another poster? Do you know what the odds of that are?
How likely is it that two SHSforum members use the same proxy ? Likely... see there's international VPN's that provide the service. And they use a defined number of IPs, mine has 28, which I use a few, it's not that large... but there VPNs that have large operations... but they can't have hundreds of IPs either.
Creeping knows the few that I use, as I suggested this to be the case, but it was dismissed by the amount of his data, as usually, the devil is in the detail. And yes, I used "The Imp" as a member and as a guest poster to hope that Roxanne saw my post in the one thread, I have used it in.

Edited by The Imp, 09 May 2018 - 07:34 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#99 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

So, so much to unpack here.
apparently this is a time when I must talk about some irrelevant foolishness.

"Must?" Really? Is "must" the right word to describe your decision to dwell on this foolishness?

Compelled by the voices?

Avenger

#100 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

I second the thread not being locked. Actually, this one could be merged with the Roxanne one.
Merged. And unlocked. Let's see if we'll have sudden influx of civility and coherence now that guest posting is gone.