Roxanne and her multiple accounts scam

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#101 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

I second the thread not being locked. Actually, this one could be merged with the Roxanne one.

Merged. And unlocked. Let's see if we'll have sudden influx of civility and coherence now that guest posting is gone.
Cool!

#102 prozh

prozh
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

Merged. And unlocked. Let's see if we'll have sudden influx of civility and coherence now that guest posting is gone.

:new_thumbs:

#103 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Geeez, and I wanted to guestpost as Roxanne... :P

:twisted:

#104 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

I can't believe temnix decided to use an invisible minion irl
This message below now make a lot more sense than I'd otherwise thought :D
It's an invisible guy that spawns to talk to you. Just like when you get those talking to yourself Slayer dialogues!

sometimes, invisible minions are official

Retired from modding.

#105 me.

me.
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Mr. Security Guard,

If you would care to read OP carefully you would have noticed I wouldn't throw accusation like that without having a rock-solid proof.

And if you would care to use your head instead of playing with your fancy new flash light and your shiny new 'Admin' badge, you would realize there is a HUGE difference between the OP and your connect-the-dots post later on. In the OP, you presented evidence and cross-checked with various sources when you identified Roxanne's nicks. In my (and temnix's) case, you are simply going by gut instinct and saying "You there! You look and act weird. You must therefore be an alt of Roxanne!!! Or an alt of each other!" :D

In other words, you are DEAD wrong.

My my, and here I was thinking only Roxanne has the habit of talking with her alts. Or IS it Roxanne as well?
<..>
It's fascinating to watch people show their true colours: one crook "bargains" to deprive us of her "invaluable" bugfixes if she won't be allowed to keep lying to us, and another threating to overrun the forum with spam if he will receive due repercussion for his cheating, useless, swinish actions. Meh.

I understand english isn't your first language, and the Soviets haven't yet grasped the concept of sarcasm, but really... you should think about getting a better grip on the english language before you try to interpret anything. I posted a pic depicting Roxanne as Wonder woman saving this community and you immediately think of me as her spokesman "bargaining" on her behalf.  :doh:  Looks like the joke went right over you...  :rolleyes:

And when temnix said "Now I will only say two things: that, if this trend continues, you can all expect dozens of 'my' accounts," you immediately assume the worst that he's threatening to overrun the forum. :clap: 

Let me translate for you:

He's not threatening to spam your precious forum. He's saying that if this accidental IP mix-up could happen to him this time, more such mix-ups could happen in the future with other members since he's using a proxy, just like many others here...

Try not be so fucking impulsive, and carefully think things through before you say/make a decision.

#106 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

Maybe Creeping is again using his method, as with Roxanne, and the method is simply no good all around. The technical side of this is about as interesting to me as the Internet of Things. You can all connect dots, or whatever you like to do in your spare time instead of modding, but spare me your false conclusions.

#107 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

I kind of hope Creepin just made that up. Cause man, that is turning out to be some excellent countertrolling...

#108 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

You know, at *this* point I'm almost willing to believe in anything from trolling to magic coincidence to having taken brain damage from sleep deprivation :)

Retired from modding.

#109 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

Hello friends, 

Creepin is being very civil - positively polite - but I am not going to be. Swearing and insulting people isn't OK. Keep doing it and you're done here. :)

#110 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:48 AM

Kaeloree, is there any responsibility you are going to take? Like the responsibility of making sure your and Creepin's methods are correct? Or are you just going to impose on people from your high horse? Creepin is civil! Ha, what a joke. He called me names in that portion of the thread, where I did look eventually, on account of some ridiculous tea-reading, even though it would have made absolutely no sense for me to even use an alt. A little bit of thinking would make this obvious. Why would I impersonate someone in a thread I had just written in under my own name and to a completely different purpose than to argue? If I wanted any part of that silly argument about Roxanne's identities (or maybe not so silly after all), I would have gotten into the delicious catfight much earlier. Instead I wrote there to nudge the complaining "debate" towards a rational purpose so that modders who continue to enjoy the games would feel needed and those who no longer care would admit it to themselves and simply leave for better pastures. And you - welcome to the boards! You haven't graced this one with your presence in my memory, but you have nearly 10000 posts, you must have written somewhere about something. Did you bother to read the topics in those cases, or did the high horse just gallop you in to chop off heads there as well?

#111 me.

me.
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

I kind of hope Creepin just made that up. Cause man, that is turning out to be some excellent countertrolling...

Right. Dragging an innocent member who had nothing to do with this nonsense into the crossfire is considered genius trolling. :rolleyes:

#112 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

I really don't get why Temnix hasn't been banned yet.

That guy is toxicity incarnate even when he's just in his usual mode of condescending delusions of grandeur and isn't spewing deranged insults at other forum members.

#113 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

I really don't get why Temnix hasn't been banned yet.

That guy is toxicity incarnate even when he's just in his usual mode of condescending delusions of grandeur and isn't spewing deranged insults at other forum members.

1. He is somewhat amusing. 

2. Some of his ideas could be useful.

3. Laziness.

Avenger

#114 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

Enough is enough.

temnix has been banned for repeatedly breaking the rules by trolling, personal attacks and being rude to other forum members. He has been repeatedly warned about unacceptability of such behaviour, and after he received a final warning that his next personal attack against other forum member will result in his ban he chose to continue his attacks by posting under alt, first as a guest, and then as a registered account. Of course, the alt is banned as well.

As a tribute to the old days where such action has any meaning, I am also banning the IP address that temnix used to post from under as temnix, as -me- guest and as me. registered account.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#115 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

@Creepin
Thank you. That was overdue.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#116 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

I second that, thanks Creepin.

#117 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

I was so close to canceling my account, so exasperated by the torrent of insults dumped (mostly anonymously) in this forum since a few months.

I am happy it didn't come to that!

#118 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

Well, i'm not crying over that decision, but hey, he was at least amusing. Roxanne, much less so.

Avenger

#119 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

As an answer to temnix's question (since I assume other people are curious too!) I now work in the games industry, and am most active on Twitter. Unfortunately working in the industry kind of ruined modding for me since my hobby was now my job, as much as I loved it, but I'm doing other very cool stuff. Anyone can reach me on Twitter anytime!

#120 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:20 AM

Super Hot Chick(guest): Oh, Samriel you are so wonderful, amazing and...wonderful. I would do ANYTHING for you!!!

Samriel: Its so hard being so popular. :wub: 

:shifty:

lol, I kinda regret not joking harmlesly with the guest system once or twice when it was still around. :P

Seriously though, had anyone seen Roxanne since she was accused of using multiple accounts? It would be a shame if she decided to never show up again. Her antics with guest posting were rather...eccentric but was quite helpful and contributed a fair bit in the modding community.