Added: Unlimited Hand off slot, greyscale background switch button

Fixed: Null damage range for magic weapon

#42 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:35 PM

Hi Insomniator,

Nice work and thanks for the previous updates.

I have try the last update and there is two things that act strangely:

- the new button position of the Grayscale background on Pause does not adapt its position to other resolution than 640 x 480. It has to be manually move down to fit the screen.Maybe a way to solve this would be to place it where it doesn't have to move when changing the resolution - Maybe, a new horizontal switch under the sleep icon in the left panel.

- Unlimited Hand off slot : the core function works as intended in my game, but it seems that combining item of protection like Ring of Protection +1 and shield can negate the bonus: every time you switch between weapons, it reduces AC of 1 point to a maximum of the AC bonus.

-In continuation of last interogation (more quickslot), as you said there is a limit of 3 QUICKSPELL so it is maybe possible to extant slots of all spellclass that have less than 3 QUICKSPELL (paladin, bard, mage/thief...) to 3. for those who already have, it is maybe possible to extant there weapon slot (ToBex allowed 4 weapon slots for every one) or maybe created if possible QUICKINNATE ; with TOB there is a lot of Innate spell to use and it has always bothered me that druid shapeshifts is to difficult to acces in comparaison with turn hunded...

Anyway, thanks and Keep the good vibe.

#43 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 10:32 AM

- the new button position of the Grayscale background on Pause does not adapt its position to other resolution than 640 x 480.
- Unlimited Hand off slot : the core function works as intended in my game, but it seems that combining item of protection like Ring of Protection +1 and shield can negate the bonus: every time you switch between weapons, it reduces AC of 1 point to a maximum of the AC bonus.
-In continuation of last interogation (more quickslot), as you said there is a limit of 3 QUICKSPELL so it is maybe possible to extant slots of all spellclass that have less than 3 QUICKSPELL (paladin, bard, mage/thief...) to 3. for those who already have, it is maybe possible to extant there weapon slot (ToBex allowed 4 weapon slots for every one) or maybe created if possible QUICKINNATE ; with TOB there is a lot of Innate spell to use and it has always bothered me that druid shapeshifts is to difficult to acces in comparaison with turn hunded...

Hi TotoR
Thank for bugreport,
1 - I forget to test other resolution than 640x480, also was not tested with widescreen mod.
2 - This component is complex and not well tested, it may give strange behaviour like in your case (effect of "ArmourClass - xxx" was not destroyed after shield was disabled)
3 - Again, we have hardcoded count of button on screen: CButtonArrayButton buttons[12], this mean we cant easily increase 12 button to more, we will damage next fields in parent structure. So to store new buttons we need own memory and management.

Weaponslot-as-Quickslot can be problem for savegame editors like NearInfinity or ShadowKeeper, they expect item name, but we will store spell name -> they look for item and will failed. I dont remember what these programs will do with nonexist items, may be just skip :). Maybe there is better place in save game, need only 8 bytes per button. In worst case just dont put new quickbuttons to savegame file, but on every load need to reprogram buttons again.

p.s. Main issue for me with "more quickslots" - they don't fit on 640x480, i have no motive to create something, what i will never use myself (i like 640x480 only)

#44 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 01:41 AM

Updated to v3.5:

Fixed: Greyscale button placement for any resolution

Fixed: Hand-Off effects removal (component still be alpha)

#45 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:15 AM

Updated to v3.7: Added Show NPC's active effects on right mouse click

#46 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:54 AM

Dude, that's fucking crazy!

#47 Kilivitz

Kilivitz
  • Modder
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:01 PM

Late to the party, but

This is absolutely insane. And I mean it as a compliment.

It's basically over half of the quality-of-life improvements the EEs brought, reproduced in the originals.

#48 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:13 AM

Late to the party, but

This is absolutely insane. And I mean it as a compliment.

It's basically over half of the quality-of-life improvements the EEs brought, reproduced in the originals.

With less bugs! :lol2:

#49 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:29 AM

In a MegaMod install, where would you recommend to place?

For example:

ToBEx
    BG2 Fixpack
    Baldur's Gate Trilogy
    DSotSC
    NTotSC
    BGQE
    NPC's
    Unfinished Business
    Rogue Rebalancing
    1pp
    Item Revisions (main component)
    Spell Revisions (main component)
    Infinity Animations (main component)
    Anthology Tweaks
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    atweaks
    Infinity Animations (secondary components)
    Item Revisions (secondary components)
    Spell Revisions (secondary components)

Thanks!

#50 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:38 PM

In a MegaMod install, where would you recommend to place?
ToBEx
1pp
Hi ChitownWillie

There is no dependies on usual "content" mods, "BG2 Impoved GUI" depends only on GUI/Engine mods, for example Widescreen Mod and 1pp
Rule is simple:install Impoved GUI after GUI mods and of couse after original Tobex because it will update it to custom version

As i know, Impoved GUI not 100% compatible with W_GUI/TutuGUI and other GUI big mods, game probably will still works, but GUI screens will be distorted

Edited by Insomniator, 10 January 2021 - 12:42 PM.

#51 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:54 PM

As i know, Impoved GUI not 100% compatible with W_GUI/TutuGUI and other GUI big mods, game probably will still works, but GUI screens will be distorted

.. it should be noted that the 1PP has a GUI portion, but like said, you would need to test this yourself to know exactly what order to put them within the setup you want.

Fun feature, the very old BGT design included in BGT's install was able to be installed and be fully working with the Widescreen mod already installed to 1920x1080 resolution, while none of the others were able to have the same non tearing visuals... as the GUI is build from a portionally cut out "panels", aka single picture just arranged into an overlapping manner to hide the edges.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#52 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:46 PM

.. it should be noted that the 1PP has a GUI portion, but like said, you would need to test this yourself to know exactly what order to put them within the setup you want.
- Impoved GUI compatible with 1PP and has special option to make inventory screen match 1PP' variant
- Previous post was edited to add info about 1PP

#53 James M

James M
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:02 PM

Thank-you Insomniator!! Seriously nice GUI improvements! Superb mod! After playing PoE for quite a while I am just getting back to BG2 (after much thought and play testing I still preferring the original over the EE's) so I'm thrilled to have found your mod just before I make my new mega mod install.

#54 James M

James M
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2021 - 09:45 AM

Phenomenal "quality of life" improvement to good ol' BG2! Can I give a couple of ideas for additional features:

When given the message "Party has gained an item", write the item name in brackets. (inspiration": Pillars of Eternity)

Light gray for empty containers. (inspiration": Pillars of Eternity)

When right-clicking to identify item, color the "Identify" button gray if the mage has no more spell uses or if the party member has no items that have charges to identify.

#55 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:49 AM

Hi James M,
When given the message "Party has gained an item", write the item name in brackets. (inspiration": Pillars of Eternity)

OK, this is good + "party has lost item" message

Light gray for empty containers. (inspiration": Pillars of Eternity)

where in the game located empty containers ?
can you explain when need to distinguish empty and not empty containers ?

When right-clicking to identify item, color the "Identify" button gray if the mage has no more spell uses or if the party member has no items that have charges to identify.
a little complex, need at least 4 checks:
1) mage/bard/sorcer has memorized slot for identify spell but zero charges
2) char has innate ability for idenify but zero charges
3) char doesn't have identify scroll in inventory slots
4) char has special item for identify (glasses) in inventory slots, but zero charges
my answer - No, it will spend too much time

#56 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 12:03 PM

Added to v3.11: extended messages about item/quest/worldmap events

#57 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:47 PM

I might have to snag this mod. I noticed the dividers for the numbers were a bit plain. I made something that looks a bit alive like a tree to fit in with the rest of the gui.
Hope you find it useful

Just how many stupid f@#king scripts and popups does the frickin' site need just to upload an image

Attached Images

• GuiTree.png

Edited by Sir-Kill, 18 March 2021 - 02:55 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#58 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

Just how many stupid f@#king scripts and popups does the frickin' site need just to upload an image

1. You just use an image upload site, and use not the link it offers, but the direct link as a img link:

pic1.png

Edited by The Imp, 18 March 2021 - 04:25 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#59 Insomniator

Insomniator
  • Modder
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:40 AM

I might have to snag this mod. I noticed the dividers for the numbers were a bit plain. I made something that looks a bit alive like a tree to fit in with the rest of the gui.
Hope you find it useful

Hi Sir-Kill,
I am not graphic artist and dont know how to convert b/w mask to final pallette/image, help are welcome

p.s. nice tree :)

#60 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:22 AM

Not sure what the frame offsets should be, but try this:

Attached File  tree2.bam   3.95K   147 downloads

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage