• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 10:46 PM

I've cleared out the cult mages & Garren Windspear just lies there like a lump on a log. What do I need to do next?

If you havent done so already, you need to follow the stairs into the new area and test out the monsters in there. Let me know about positioning and difficulty.

There is a snip at the top of the script in this area that will cause the passing of 8 hours soon as you enter. This gives the monsters a chance for their individual movement scripts to really move them around. They tend to clump in areas, but I still havent seen them in the exact same positions any two times (except for the Infernal Guard and the Lich). This is to generate some randomness to this area of the dungeon... and hopefully replayability. Please let me know your results.

Also, there is only one safe place to rest here... and that is in the Forgotten Crypt near the Lich. Through the door to another new area where it is safe to rest without spawns. Downside to resting here is that there is a resting check in the main dungeon that will repopulate many of the undead when you emerge from the crypt... so be cautious when exiting.

There are also several spawn points within the new dungeon that will generate monsters based on a small list of random RTW creatures. There is about 10% chance you might face some vamps in here... but not likely. Let me know how it goes and your impressions of the encounters.

Cuv

#22 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 11:03 PM

All the Cult and Vamp mages will have totally new AI in the next version.

#23 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 09:38 AM

I almost forgot to ask ... but why is all that magic armor & weaponry in Sir Donalus's cell? I assume that it is theirs, but it seems a bit odd.

#24 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 10:29 AM

I almost forgot to ask ... but why is all that magic armor & weaponry in Sir Donalus's cell? I assume that it is theirs, but it seems a bit odd.

Still working on this encounter. I thought it logical that they would put down their bulky weapons and armor. They are trapped in the cell and cannot use them anyway. Might be a bit much in there though. It might be better to have them with it equiped instead, since their avatars show them in combat garb.

Cuv

#25 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 11:32 AM

IMO equipped would be better. Sure it makes sense to have them take it off, but this is the land of BG where a PC can wear & sleep in armor for months & not be bothered by it.

:rolleyes:

#26 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 12:32 PM

I'd want to know why they were allowed to keep their gear. It's not like there aren't unarmed avatars suitable for a stripped paladin.

#27 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 02:31 PM

Arrogance?

#28 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 11:06 PM

Oh rubbish. Remove that gear.

#29 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 12:27 AM

Good point Quitch... I will remove it. Perhaps that container would be a good place for one of our books instead???? Or I can remove the container entirely.

Cuv

#30 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 10:32 AM

Chimp.... chimp.... arghhh.... *clutches at chest*

#31 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 03:02 PM

Just thought I would let you folk know that I've finally encountered Dasypus. I've begun the battle twice, but both times BG locked up. I've rebooted just now & will try again. The first time the battle locked about the time Dasypus used Timestop for the first time. This second battle was lasting much longer, but locked when the Djinn spoke to my PC as we were fighting for our lives.

In both battles Anomen has been reduced to goo rather quickly. It looks like Dasypus doesn't like him any better than I do! :P

Also while I'm posting I thought I would post a list of Items that seem to have interacted with the Tashia mod. I've emailed Cuv about one of these I found. I also noticed a few others in Shadowkeeper.

RTWComp5, RTWDasy1, RTWDasy2, RTWDrac, and RTWDrag all have bad names. Somehow text from the Tashia mod is used where the name should be. There is different text for each item.

In addition to that RTWDrag has a bad description that also seems to be from Tashia. The descriptions on the others looks fine to me.

#32 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 03:23 PM

Lockup #3. Happed at the Djinn again. I chose a different conversation option, but just like the last time the game locked hard after he responds. Probably just as well. Jan & my Sorcerer were the only two party members left. Though Dasypus had reacted rather poorly to having power word blind cast on him ... he just stood their for a bit ... but the pack of hasted Mord's swords I had didn't seem to be doing much. His healing is something else. I had him down to Injured, but not long after he was right back to Unharmed.

#33 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 03:59 PM

#4. I was doing well this time, but Keldorn got wing buffeted back into speaking range of the Djinni. I'm beginning to really dislike the fellow.

#34 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 04:36 PM

Well just for the heck of it I used ctrl y on Dasypus before he could talk. The Master Djinni didn't talk to me this time thank goodness. It appears that the game locks the same way when the Ring of Wishes is used. I assume it is the same error. Any suggestions?

#35 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 05:33 PM

When talking to Jarata in the following sequence.. 4,1,2,3

Jarata:"As you finish: Jarata breaks into a high pitched giggle

1. NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS

Where the "End Dialogue or Continue" use to be to is now: Jarata:"As you finish: Jarata breaks into a high pitched giggle

When i click 1. Dialogue ends

#36 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 07:37 AM

I feel your pain rath that djinn made me mad!!!! Alsmost had that dragon and it froze. Do the last option where its something like I wish to leave that always seems to work for me, then just clua back in, or walk back in.

#37 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 07:43 AM

Just thought of something. My computer got really laggy and froze when like 12 vamps started attacking me so what about when all those mages start hurling all these spells and big glowing shield things pop up. Haven't had time to test anything else yet, but tonight if I'm not playing everquest or something I should be using my pally, who is very very very uber if I still have his old game, and not my old soa one.

#38 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 08:35 AM

Just thought of something. My computer got really laggy and froze when like 12 vamps started attacking me so what about when all those mages start hurling all these spells and big glowing shield things pop up.

This is a good question. I am testing the mage battle now... and it is honestly too much for my machine. Xyx is working on the mage scripts. All the mages will be mid level... no 9th level spells at all, but you would be surprised at how much damage 20 mages casting 6th and 7th level spells can do to your party. The slowdown is currently with all the spell animations firing at the same time.... this will be worked on.

Cuv

#39 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 09:56 AM

Maybe some cult fighters, and then a few mages like 4 or 5, not with many spell shields and junk up would be better. Or maybe make the place 3 or so different areas so load in fight some mages. Load into another fight some more and so on until you get to garren and a not to big battle. As I said before I will start my pally game tonight so if your up at around 4 in the morning look for my posts.

#40 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 09:58 AM

For the ring of wishes if you used clua would it work? you said when you met,and pick it up from the dragon it makes djinn. It may have three wishes, but it would still prolly freeze.