• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#101 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

Ma Linvail is from the Fade mod, I think. We didn't realise it at first, but she shares Aurora's house heh. There is some small crossmod there - if you want to test it, then install Fade, then Aurora (and have Fade in your party for best effect).

There is little chance for talking with the enslaved gnomes until all goblins are dead. If you want to test the earlier conversation, you should be able to go invisible or sneak in and talk to them. The goblin shamans might get a True Sight (I can't recall) but they likely only get one such spell, so even if they do reveal you, just run out and try sneaking in again.

Tomthal should always be there at night unless something odd happened with the script. I don't recall there being a limit to ruby-selling; maybe something messed up the variables. Try checking the ag* variables in your saved game against those in the .d file maybe. I can't think of any case where he wouldn't recognise any rubies at all though.

What do you mean "cheat" with gooseberries? Karaea should only take them one at a time, IIRC. She used to take full stacks of them without giving you full price, but that wasn't our intention so that should be fixed.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#102 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Miloch!
Cheating means, that you can donate the gooseberries to Karaea without loosing them in the inventory until you get your gift from her.

#103 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Are you sure you didn't have more than one berry on you? If so, can you give the exact string where it happens? I'm looking at ag_goose2 in agkaraea.d and see she should always do a TakePartyItemNum("agberr01",1) DestroyItem("agberr01") every time she says she'll take a berry. You can, of course, keep repeating that for however many berries you have. It is possible either we missed something or this is something I changed relatively recently since the last release, so can you check the file you have?

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#104 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Here is a copy of the code section from the agkaraea.d at CHAIN agkaraea ag_goose2
@46 /* ~Ooh! Wonderful! Now I can make my favorite kind of pie!~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("ag_goosehunt","GLOBAL",1)~
= @47 /* ~Um... Do you want me to pay you for them?~ */
END
++ @48 /* ~Just look on it as a gift. Now, about that jam...~ */ DO ~TakePartyItemNum("agberr01",1) DestroyItem("agberr01")~ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose3
++ @49 /* ~For you, only 20 gold.~ */ DO ~TakePartyItemNum("agberr01",1) DestroyItem("agberr01") GiveGoldForce(20)~ EXTERN agkaraea ag_kstore
++ @50 /* ~50 gold.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose4
++ @51 /* ~100 gold.~ */ EXTERN agkaraea ag_goose5
I am not a programer but it seems it looks like you expected. But I am not joking and checked it twice and was stacking all gooseberries on a single spot - so thats what I am thinking - maybe I am wrong here, but I am sure that there was not enough gooseberries in the inventory to receive the gift unless with my donations of the gooseberries won't be destroyed. Selling her some will do. I tested this too. I am using my translation in the english .tra folder.

#105 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

I'm not sure I understand what's happening here. What do you mean by "stacking all gooseberries on a single spot"? On the ground? According to the IESDP, the only time that would happen with TakePartyItemNum is if you had a stack of berries in the quickslot and your inventory was full. In that case, the remaining gooseberries (after she's taken one from the stack) will appear on the ground. Also, by gift do you mean the jam or the pie?

#106 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Ma Linvail is from the Fade mod, I think. We didn't realise it at first, but she shares Aurora's house heh. There is some small crossmod there - if you want to test it, then install Fade, then Aurora (and have Fade in your party for best effect).

Edwin Romance mod also uses that house briefly.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#107 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

It is the pie, which I mean, Miloch. Jaheira has nine gooseberries in her inventory. And I checked these 'stack' after I talked with Karaea. If there were other gooseberries within the party or in the bag of holding for example, I wouldn't have noticed their 'destruction'. So this might be my fault, but I am going to talk to Karaea tomorrow.

#108 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

Oh, when she offers to bake the pie, you have already given her enough berries to make it earlier, so that shouldn't be considered a "cheat" because she doesn't need any more berries at that point. She will only bake the pie once, though. After that, you can still give or sell her more berries - just not for more pies. Is that how it works?

@Daulmakan: not familiar with it - for what? Is it something we should worry about?

#109 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

@Daulmakan: not familiar with it - for what? Is it something we should worry about?

Another NPC from that mod, Dekaras, teleports the party to a mod area when they are in the lower level of Aurora's/Aran's mother's house.

I experienced no technical difficulties with both installed, but it still seemed weird gamewise. As to merit worryness material, dunno, it's your call. I can't think of a suggestion on how to deal with this issue without changing the house (didn't see the crossmod between Fade & Aurora about this).

Edited by Daulmakan, 21 February 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#110 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

So it is, Miloch. I checked it today and destroy item works only, if I sell one gooseberries-item to her. My conclusion is, that I was able to get the pie with just 'one' of them in my inventory and told you this behavior here with an eye twinkle. I did not know about the Fade crossmod, but while translating Aurora it appeared to me as it would belong to Aurora. That is good quality in my opinion. I enjoyed testing Aurora. Thanks.

#111 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Ok Gast, so it sounds like it's working as intended?

I added a few lines in Aurora's dialogue to account for Dekaras in Edwin Romance possibly being in her house. It's similar to what we do for Ma Linvail possibly being present. Aurora being a popular woman can account for any number of "visitors" in "her house" :D.
Spoiler
So only 4 more lines to translate (@762-765) unless Bookwyrme or someone wants to get more ambitious, but I'm trying to limit the content we add to existing files to make it easier for translators :).

#112 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

I think, that is a nice return and a good solution. Copied the english text. Are you aware, that these 'bar boots' loose two of their three charges, when they are used three times a day? So 'sleeping' in these boots will just recharge one 'bar jump'. Their description won't fit anymore. Didn't read these thread carefully, so this might not be of any interest.

#113 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

They should only lose one charge per use. It actually isn't possible to code it so it uses 2 charges heh. That's just how the engine works - 1 use = 1 charge. So maybe you used them twice and maybe they didn't work the first time? Note that it will still use a charge even if it doesn't work (if you're in an area where they won't function). That isn't possible to code around either, because it takes a charge to summon the invisible spirit whether it can teleport you or not. If you test it more and keep getting the same thing, let me know.

#114 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I added a few lines in Aurora's dialogue to account for Dekaras in Edwin Romance possibly being in her house.

IIRC, it is not so much that he is the one living there. He teleports you there and then you go upstairs and fight 3 Red Mages and a Lich some Red Mages, some fighters and a Lich and they are the ones living there.

Edited by Wisp, 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#115 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

You sure it's upstairs in the same house? Because Daulmakan described it as:

Dekaras, teleports the party to a mod area when they are in the lower level of Aurora's/Aran's mother's house.

If someone has the filename where this happens, it might help. I tried reading some of the mod code but it was tough, not being commented, a lot of different files and whatnot. I think I did grep it for AR052 or the like and only found one reference to the ground floor of the house, but I might've missed something. Edit: oh, and also it was Dekaras who was on the ground floor, but I didn't see any real reference that he actually lived there, so he could be a burglar or a visitor or who knows what, which is fine for us.

Edited by Miloch, 25 February 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#116 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Okay, so never mind me (it has been years and apparently my memory is getting a bit foggy).

#117 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

You sure it's upstairs in the same house? Because Daulmakan described it as:

Dekaras, teleports the party to a mod area when they are in the lower level of Aurora's/Aran's mother's house.

If someone has the filename where this happens, it might help.

Dektel1.bcs, referenced in Erdekaras.d. Custom area name is ARBASE.are.

#118 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Well, so it's a custom area anyway, as you said. I could look at all that, but you could save me the time. Does the dialogue I posted make sense then? Basically, you can ask Aurora about it and she won't know for sure, because she has so many visitors and knows so many people (or not - btw, I'm not suggesting she knows Dekaras, at least not on friendly terms - she probably doesn't and certainly doesn't like Edwin or anyone he might be intimate with. She only concedes that there's all sorts of folks in her past who might be stopping by.)

#119 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

I added a few lines in Aurora's dialogue to account for Dekaras in Edwin Romance possibly being in her house. It's similar to what we do for Ma Linvail possibly being present. Aurora being a popular woman can account for any number of "visitors" in "her house" :D.

Spoiler
So only 4 more lines to translate (@762-765) unless Bookwyrme or someone wants to get more ambitious, but I'm trying to limit the content we add to existing files to make it easier for translators :).

Bookwyrme will refrain from ambition, this time!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#120 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

Sorry, Miloch, missed your post.
It is my bad english, which causes this misunderstandings we both stumble across. The coding so fare is fine. But let me try again: I bought these boots late in the game. Going to the section of the game, where you can use their abilities, it indicates a little three there - as for the description. And I do use these three 'jumps' and all worked fine. Comes up with zero charges. So, - and this is the point I tried to tell - resting won't return the three charges. In the later game they are only good for one use a day, (indicating a small one in the menu) and it doesn't matter, if it is a successful or a wasted jump. Conclusion: the description doesn't fit any more.