Questions, comments, etc.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

Well, so it's a custom area anyway, as you said. I could look at all that, but you could save me the time. Does the dialogue I posted make sense then?

Seems fine.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#122 Satyricon331

Satyricon331
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

When I spoke to Tomthal, he noticed I had the star ruby and started a dialog that gave me no option to avoid selling it to him (or at least, I reloaded and two different dialog paths railroaded me despite my intentions). Is the conversation tree broken?

#123 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

You can't avoid selling it to him, but you can bargain with him. He will buy it no matter what (he is a svirfneblin after all, and they can't resist rubies). I guess we could add a dialogue path where you can refuse to sell it. He'd probably go hostile or something, or at least refuse to speak with you anymore. K'aeloree wrote that dialogue so see what he thinks, if he sees this.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#124 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

At the time, the idea was that there wasn't much else you could do with the star ruby, so we railroaded it. Adding a refusal option would be easy--I gave BW total edit authority, so make whatever changes work best. :)

#125 Satyricon331

Satyricon331
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks guys.

#126 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yep. Won't be hard to work in a "Are you kidding? This is *my* ruby!" type response.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),