• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#81 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

On a tutu game skeletons also gets ie gooseberries. Can this be avoided somehow?

Agreed - skeletons shouldn't be getting any treasures. I should recode that whole routine (along with most of the rest of the mod, sigh). One option I was considering was to to provide the option to have the randomisation done by a) code or b) script - I guess Item Randomiser does something like this.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#82 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

On a tutu game skeletons also gets ie gooseberries. Can this be avoided somehow?

Agreed - skeletons shouldn't be getting any treasures. I should recode that whole routine (along with most of the rest of the mod, sigh). One option I was considering was to to provide the option to have the randomisation done by a) code or b) script - I guess Item Randomiser does something like this.

Couldn't you just avoid undeads or so?

#83 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Couldn't you just avoid undeads or so?

Not really, because some undead (liches for example) should have a chance to spawn some of the items (probably not berries). But skeletons should have nil treasure per PnP so we can exclude them and other zero-treasure creatures at least.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#84 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Here is a question, I hope nobody asked before:The wolfberry is popular in Shou Lung, where the dried berries are added to rice pudding or brewed to make tea or even ale. The bright red berry has spread west to become popular in Faerūn, where it grows wild in hedges and can be easily gathered by wandering merchants and jam-makers.

STATISTICS:

Special:
75% chance for Lesser Restoration
10% chance fatigue +25%

Does it means that in 15% using this item nothing happens or should it be 25% chance fatigue +10%( or 25%)?

#85 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

That means that:

75% of the time, the user will feel the effects of Lesser Restoration
10% of the time, the user will experience a 25% increase in fatigue

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#86 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

That is correct IIRC, meaning 15% of the time nothing happens (it is not intended to add up to 100%).

#87 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

Thank You!
So it goes this way in translation.

#88 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hello!
I need a spoiler. Installed my translation onto Classic Adventures(.53a) and everything works fine so far. Except the animation of the stirge. It is mutated to a half-goblin. Now I am looking for Karaea. Will I meet her in Westgate?

#89 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Now I am looking for Karaea. Will I meet her in Westgate?

Yes. She is out in the open at a table, not hard to find. Though she goes home to her cellar at night, that might be somewhat more difficult to find (but isn't far from where she is in the daytime).

Except the animation of the stirge. It is mutated to a half-goblin.

I don't think CA implemented the whole Infinty Animations scheme yet, plus it also uses some PST animations we haven't converted yet (like stirge/vargouille) so it might be a relic of that.

#90 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Sir.
Met her, but I have to look for the cellar hideout soon. Fixed some bugs I made so far. I am looking for the right words. The special dialog options with pick pocketing within Aurora's Shoes didn't show up here in CA. I am going to install Aurora on BG2 for further proofreading. Do I need an other mod to see these thieving dialogs in BG2 or is this an special issue of CA?

#91 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Met her, but I have to look for the cellar hideout soon. Fixed some bugs I made so far. I am looking for the right words. The special dialog options with pick pocketing within Aurora's Shoes didn't show up here in CA. I am going to install Aurora on BG2 for further proofreading. Do I need an other mod to see these thieving dialogs in BG2 or is this an special issue of CA?

The cellar should be just south of where her booth is in Westgate. It's in the back of some building, so you can't see the door unless you cursor over it.

The pickpocketing dialogue is a component from Rogue Rebalancing (which I think is also compatible with CA). But you should see it for the Aurora merchants even if you don't have RR installed - at least I think so. If you have RR you'll see it for other merchants too. Let me know if it doesn't work that way. Actually, now that I think about it, it isn't for pickpocketing but stealing from the store - and then only if the merchant catches you, you get a chance to talk your way out of it.

#92 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

The pickpocketing dialogue is a component from Rogue Rebalancing (which I think is also compatible with CA). But you should see it for the Aurora merchants even if you don't have RR installed - at least I think so. If you have RR you'll see it for other merchants too. Let me know if it doesn't work that way. Actually, now that I think about it, it isn't for pickpocketing but stealing from the store - and then only if the merchant catches you, you get a chance to talk your way out of it.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the RR component, but if you are - it works for pickpocketing from NPC's as well as stealing from stores. :)

#93 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm not sure if you're referring to the RR component, but if you are - it works for pickpocketing from NPC's as well as stealing from stores.

I'm not sure if our version does that - will have to check (or someone could test it). We adopted the stealing code for Aurora shortly after aVENGER wrote it initially.

#94 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Ooh! [AGKA013] Did not read the readme file. I am sorry for it. But you are right, Miloch. The pickpocketing dialogues are only for Aurora and her mates. But I have had the sheme from RR in mind, which Dakk is mentioning. And I was not smart enough to link these phrases only to the shopkeepers in the Aurora mod. Now grasshopper has to try hard to translate the readme file. It is an opus, I say. But one thing about CA I like to mention: Karaea in the Suderham dungeon is a 'waste'. Sell her Your loot and buy a jam or two and afterwards you would never met her again. I think she should be travelling to Selgaunt instead in the next Aurora version. -my opinion. Thanks a lot and have a good time.

#95 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I have not played CA, but I can consider putting her somewhere else if that makes more sense. IIRC, it was Sir BillyBob himself who recommended putting her in the dungeon, heh. His reasoning was that chars don't have a lot of merchants to buy/sell stuff at that point, so it would be useful to encounter a merchant there. Also, you should meet her later, because she will be in Westgate later with the same store (including anything you sold her). At least I think Westgate is later? That's what SBB seemed to be saying. Anyway, you may want to post that in the CA forum to get feedback from other folks more familiar with CA.

#96 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Westgate takes place before the Suderham dungeons. In CA you lose two times your equipment. The first time you enter Westgate, but before you can meet Karaea you get the chance to regain old and new stuff, and the second time when you find yourself in the Suderham dungeons. There is not many loot at all, but Sir BillyBob might be right, if the adventurer did some preparations before, to make Karaeas appearance there usefull. But I am sad, that you cannot enhance any of the Aurora's items, because you won't meet her again (according to the plot). But who knows what CA .54 will alter. Lets wait.

#97 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Translation finished. Now it is time to search for proofreaders. But there is one question about this: should I wait for the next release, adding new translations, or should I bother someone with the version 5 proofreading?

#98 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Translation finished. Now it is time to search for proofreaders. But there is one question about this: should I wait for the next release, adding new translations, or should I bother someone with the version 5 proofreading?

Great work :woot:! We will have new strings for v6, but I don't think we'll be changing any existing strings, or very few at least. So you could start trying to get the proofreading, as I know it is a lot of work. That way when the v6 starts to reach release, it will just be a matter of translating and proofing the new strings. (Also, the next release will be truly multi-lingual, as we now have Italian, Russian and German to add :).)

#99 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Great work :woot:! We will have new strings for v6, but I don't think we'll be changing any existing strings,

After so many people have gone to the trouble of translating them? I should think not!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#100 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

Moin Miloch!
While testing Aurora I am missing Ma Linvail. Is she in the game (chapter 6)? Have not had any dialogs with Aurora in that direction. A second issue is with the 'slaved gnomes' within Aurora's shoes and boots: I wouldn't talk to them until all goblins lost their shoes and maybe most players do it the same way, so some dialogues doesn't appear ever. Might these gnomes force their dialogs during the battle, just pausing it? I have no other idea. Third: I lost Tomthal for one night, maybe he visited his sister in Trademeet, but now he didn't recognizes the rubies in my inventory. Is there a limit in selling rubies to him? By the way, I am able to cheat with the gooseberries. Don't know, if this is your intention?