Photo

RoT v2.1 Bug Thread

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#61 -yago-

-yago-

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

I have looked into the bug some people encountered at the german BaldursGate forum concerning Drizzt refusing to join the group without Wulfgar in it. It seems that if you never had Wulfgar in the party you will not encounter any problemes. However if you let Wulfgar join and kick him out of the party before going to CI Level 2 Drizzt will refuse to join the group. This is because: As soon as you arrive at CI Level 2 Drizzt will join a dialog "Why you kicked out Wulfgar?" The flag for his JoinParty Dialog is however IfNumTimesTalkedTo(0) and canot trigger therefor.

To solve this problem we could simply change the trgger for Drizzts JoinParty dialog.

Greetings Yago

#62 Meteo

Meteo
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

thunder bullet is causing perma damage animation effect. Cant figure out how to remove it. Tried changing it to 'remove animation' in near infinity but that removes the entire sprite..

#63 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

Yes, the thunder bullet always seems to backlash on someone in the party. First I just stopped using them, but you could actually use NearInfinity to open up a save game, click on your character and remove the effect (not sure which effect it is though). Or you could open Shadowkeeper, click effects tab, and remove it there. To be sure you have to find out the correct effect - maybe look at the item with NI and check there.

#64 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

May I ask a question? :whistling:
Interesting when will released a new version with many fixed bugs? :rolleyes: =)

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#65 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

Interesting when will released a new version with many fixed bugs?

I don't know, but you should use the BiG World Fixpack if you want to install RoT, because it fixes some mentiond bugs.

At the moment the BW Fixpack fixes the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: Region of Terror

:: Azazello's Summoning Chamber fix - RR3702.BAF
:: http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=266533

:: Radagast's Arena bug fix - RA4300.BAF
:: http://www.shsforums...mp;#entry333831

:: qwopsac's can't control Drizzt Fix - MYFICUT2.BAF
:: http://www.shsforums...mp;#entry342808

:: Hoppy's Olmar guardian fix - OLMGUAR1.BAF
:: http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=388275

:: Hoppy's Yeti-Fix
:: http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=395010

:: White Agnus evil way fix - OTHESOE.BAF
:: http://kerzenburg.ni...mp;postcount=66

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And uses this hotfix:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Region of Terror

:: Solved by erebusant - Wierd Arlax CTD, Entering Brundor and Pip's Smithy - folder dltcepsmithy
:: http://www.shsforums...p...2032&st=29#

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 22 June 2009 - 08:31 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#66 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:49 AM

Leomar, that's good=) I always use it.

and also one question about Big World FxPack:

Sometimes in manual written: some files must be fixed by Big World FixPack
But sometimes not...
Example - Dark side Tales of The Sword Coast
NOT written to fix files with Big World
But in folder 'big world Fixpack' there is a folder called ''DSotSC'
so...it's mean, that I actually must run Big World FixPack to fix Dark side Tales of The Sword Coast?

Murloc-translator

#67 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

Leomar, that's good=) I always use it.

and also one question about Big World FxPack:

Sometimes in manual written: some files must be fixed by Big World FixPack
But sometimes not...
Example - Dark side Tales of The Sword Coast
NOT written to fix files with Big World
But in folder 'big world Fixpack' there is a folder called ''DSotSC'
so...it's mean, that I actually must run Big World FixPack to fix Dark side Tales of The Sword Coast?

It could be that the description of the guide is not correctly updated, but you should not bother about all the different fixes. Do the following only:

- Extract correctly all mods into your BG2 main directory
- Extract the BiG World Fixpack and start the "BiG World Fixpack.bat" (all fixes which are necessary were installed)
- Install the mods

Or for easier handling use the BiG World Setup, which does all the work for you.

[EDIT]

We have the following fixes, too:

RoTerror\d\MYSHDW01.d
--- RoTerror\d\MYSHDW01.d	Thu Apr 13 18:41:44 2006
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\d\MYSHDW01.d	Thu Feb 12 14:11:06 2009
@@ -41,7 +41,7 @@
 Global("BattlShdw5","RA4006",2)
 Global("BattlShdw6","RA4006",2)~ THEN REPLY @5 GOTO 7
-  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
+  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @10 EXIT
 END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 3.1 3.0

RoTerror\Language\english\MYSHDW01.tra
--- RoTerror\Language\english\MYSHDW01.tra	Thu Apr 13 18:41:44 2006
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\Language\english\MYSHDW01.tra	Mon Feb 16 08:34:15 2009
@@ -8,3 +8,4 @@
 @8	= ~But remember, don't ask anyone if they have it. If you are sure of the owner, just make a statement of it to him. And also know that you may only ask questions about the Shadows next to the one you are speaking to.~
 @9	= ~Correct. You have shown that you are a <PRO_MANWOMAN> of action and thus worthy. Here it is. You may go.~
+@10	= ~I am on the search.~
\ No newline at end of file

RoTerror\Language\spanish\MYSHDW01.tra
--- RoTerror\Language\spanish\MYSHDW01.tra	Fri May 23 12:23:18 2008
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\Language\spanish\MYSHDW01.tra	Mon Feb 16 08:34:55 2009
@@ -8,3 +8,4 @@
 @8	= ~Pero recordad, no preguntéis a nadie y la tiene. Si estáis seguro de quién la tiene, solo hacédselo saber. Y sabed también que solo podéis hacer preguntas sobre las Sombras al lado de la que estéis hablando.~ ~Pero recordad, no preguntéis a nadie y la tiene. Si estáis segura de quién la tiene, solo hacédselo saber. Y sabed también que solo podéis hacer preguntas sobre las Sombras al lado de la que estéis hablando.~
 @9	= ~Correcto. Habéis mostrado que sois un hombre de acción y de valía. Aquí está. Os podéis ir.~ ~Correcto. Habéis mostrado que sois una mujer de acción y de valía. Aquí está. Os podéis ir.~
+@10	= ~Estoy en la búsqueda.~

RoTerror\Language\German\MYSHDW01.tra
--- RoTerror\Language\German\MYSHDW01.tra	Wed Dec 05 22:31:16 2007
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\Language\German\MYSHDW01.tra	Thu Feb 12 14:16:26 2009
@@ -1,19 +1,11 @@
-@0	= ~Willkommen. Ihr dringt tiefer in diese Höhle vor. Aber Euer Weg ist blockiert. Wenn Ihr weiter vordringen wollt, dann benötigt Ihr das Zeichen des Schattens.~
-@1	= ~Seht Euch um. Ihr seht Schatten in der Nähe der Feuer. Das Zeichen ist in den Händen von einem dieser Schatten. Findet heraus, welcher es hat und Ihr werdet es bekommen. Antwortet Ihr falsch, werdet Ihr bestraft.~
-@2	= ~Ich werde Euch etwas Starthilfe geben. Der Schatten direkt rechts von mir lügt immer. Der Schatten auf der anderen Seite des grossen Feuers sagt die Wahrheit. Nutzt Euren Verstand, um das Zeichen zu finden. Stellt Fragen und seid weise.~
-@3	= ~Findet das Zeichen, um tiefer in diese Höhlen vorzudringen.~
-@4	= ~Ihr habt es! Ihr habt das Zeichen.~
-@5	= ~Das Teilchen war die ganze Zeit in Euren Händen! Clever, clever. Gebt es mir jetzt.~
-@6	= ~Korrekt. Ihr habt Euch als würdig erwiesen. Hier ist es. Ihr dürft gehen.~
-@7	= ~Gratulation.~
-@8	= ~Aber fragt niemanden direkt, wer es hat. Wenn Ihr sicher seid, wer es hat, dann macht einfach eine Erklärung. Ihr dürft ebenfalls nur Fragen über die Schatten stellen, die neben dem Schatten stehen, mit dem Ihr sprecht.~
-@9	= ~Korrekt. Ihr habt bewiesen, dass Ihr sowohl scharfsinnig als auch kampferfahren seid. Hier ist es. Ihr dürft gehen.~
+@0  = ~Willkommen. Ihr dringt tiefer in diese Höhle vor. Aber Euer Weg ist blockiert. Wenn Ihr weiter vordringen wollt, dann benötigt Ihr das Zeichen des Schattens.~ 
+@1  = ~Seht Euch um. Ihr seht Schatten in der Nähe der Feuer. Das Zeichen ist in den Händen von einem dieser Schatten. Findet heraus, welcher es hat und Ihr werdet es bekommen. Antwortet Ihr falsch, werdet Ihr bestraft.~
+@2  = ~Ich werde Euch etwas Starthilfe geben. Der Schatten direkt rechts von mir lügt immer. Der Schatten auf der anderen Seite des grossen Feuers sagt die Wahrheit. Nutzt Euren Verstand, um das Zeichen zu finden. Stellt Fragen und seid weise.~ 
+@3  = ~Findet das Zeichen, um tiefer in diese Höhlen vorzudringen.~
+@4  = ~Ihr habt es! Ihr habt das Zeichen.~ 
+@5  = ~Das Teilchen war die ganze Zeit in Euren Händen! Clever, clever. Gebt es mir jetzt.~
+@6  = ~Korrekt. Ihr habt Euch als würdig erwiesen. Hier ist es. Ihr dürft gehen.~
+@7  = ~Gratulation.~ 
+@8  = ~Aber fragt niemanden direkt, wer es hat. Wenn Ihr sicher seid, wer es hat, dann macht einfach eine Erklärung. Ihr dürft ebenfalls nur Fragen über die Schatten stellen, die neben dem Schatten stehen, mit dem Ihr sprecht.~
+@9  = ~Korrekt. Ihr habt bewiesen, dass Ihr sowohl scharfsinnig als auch kampferfahren seid. Hier ist es. Ihr dürft gehen.~ 
+@10 = ~Ich bin auf der Suche.~

RoTerror\Language\German\GRAYFOOT.tra
--- RoTerror\Language\German\GRAYFOOT.tra	Thu Jan 03 23:17:06 2008
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\Language\German\GRAYFOOT.tra	Thu Feb 12 15:15:52 2009
@@ -142,9 +142,9 @@

@71   = ~Ich möchte sie am Schwert haben.~

-@72   = ~Ein gefrorener Kristall... den könnte ich an einer Plattenrüstung, einem Großschild oder einer Katana anbringen.~
+@72   = ~Ein gefrorener Kristall... den könnte ich an einem Prunkharnisch, einem Großschild oder einer Katana anbringen.~

-@73   = ~Ich will ihn an der Plattenrüstung haben.~
+@73   = ~Ich will ihn am Prunkharnisch haben.~

@74   = ~Ich will ihn an der Katana haben.~

@@ -251,9 +251,9 @@
 @130  = ~Hervorragend! Ich werde sofort mit der Arbeit beginnen.~
 @131  = ~Die Katana könnte über erweiterten Kälteschaden verfügen.~
-@132  = ~Der Plattenpanzer ist vielleicht nicht so mächtig, verfügt aber danach über beeindruckende Schutzzauber... Würde ich sagen.~
+@132  = ~Der Prunkharnisch ist vielleicht nicht so mächtig, verfügt aber danach über beeindruckende Schutzzauber... Würde ich sagen.~
 @133  = ~Der Schild wird über eigene magische Kräfte verfügen, vielleicht über Kräfte der Regenerationsmagie.~
-@134  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme den Plattenpanzer.~
+@134  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme den Prunkharnisch.~
 @135  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme den Schild.~

@136  = ~...ich denke, ich werde die Katana nehmen.~

RoTerror\Language\German\GRAYFOT2.tra
--- RoTerror\Language\German\GRAYFOT2.tra	Fri Jan 04 08:21:30 2008
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\Language\German\GRAYFOT2.tra	Thu Feb 12 15:15:58 2009
@@ -127,9 +127,9 @@

@65   = ~Ich will sie am Schwert haben.~

-@66   = ~Ein gefrorener Kristall... ich könnte ihn an einer Plattenrüstung anbringen, oder auch an einem Großschild oder einer Katana.~
+@66   = ~Ein gefrorener Kristall... ich könnte ihn an einem Prunkharnisch anbringen, oder auch an einem Großschild oder einer Katana.~

-@67   = ~Ich will ihn an der Plattenrüstung haben.~
+@67   = ~Ich will ihn am Prunkharnisch haben.~

@68   = ~Ich will ihn an der Katana haben.~

@@ -218,9 +218,9 @@
 @120  = ~Hervorragend! Ich werde sofort mit der Arbeit beginnen.~
 @121  = ~Die Katana könnte über erweiterten Kälteschaden verfügen.~
-@122  = ~Der Plattenpanzer ist vielleicht nicht so mächtig, verfügt aber danach über beeindruckende Schutzzauber... Würde ich sagen.~
+@122  = ~Der Prunkharnisch ist vielleicht nicht so mächtig, verfügt aber danach über beeindruckende Schutzzauber... Würde ich sagen.~
 @123  = ~Der Schild wird über eigene magische Kräfte verfügen, vielleicht über Kräfte der Regenerationsmagie.~
-@124  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme den Plattenpanzer.~
+@124  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme den Prunkharnisch.~
 @125  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme den Schild.~
 @126  = ~...ich denke, ich nehme die Katana.~
 @127  = ~Also gut, hier ist Eure neue Axt, <CHARNAME>.~
@@ -263,13 +263,13 @@
 @161  = ~...D-das Auge eines Gottes!?... Dann ist es wahr! Ihr habt es gefunden! Und zu mir gebracht!~
 @162  = ~Huh! Beruhig Dich, Pip! Beruhig Dich. Huh! Gut, lasst mich einen Blick darauf werfen. Ich werde sehen, was ich damit tun kann.~

-@163  = ~Hmm... einen Plattenpanzer oder einen Großschild. Ja, dass sind Eure Optionen. Welche würdet Ihr wählen?~
-@164  = ~Den Plattenpanzer.~
+@163  = ~Hmm... einen Prunkharnisch oder einen Großschild. Ja, dass sind Eure Optionen. Welche würdet Ihr wählen?~
+@164  = ~Den Prunkharnisch.~
 @165  = ~Den Großschild.~
 @166  = ~Habt Ihr eine Ahnung, was das Auge für Auswirkungen auf die Gegenstände haben wird?~
 @167  = ~...ich werde keinen davon wählen. Ich werde wohl einfach gehen.~
 @168  = ~Es tut mir wirklich leid, aber ich habe keine Ahnung.~
-@169  = ~Also gut, dann wähle ich den Plattenpanzer.~
+@169  = ~Also gut, dann wähle ich den Prunkharnisch.~
 @170  = ~Also gut, dann wähle ich den Großschild.~
 @171  = ~Hmm... ich denke, ich werde weder das eine noch das andere nehmen. Ich werde einfach gehen.~
 @172  = ~Warum!? Das wäre das Schmiedewerk des Jahrhunderts!... Ist es weil Ihr keine Plattenrüstung oder Großschild habt?~
@@ -277,7 +277,7 @@
 @174  = ~Hmm... dann, auf Wiedersehen...~
 @175  = ~Gut. Ich bin mir sicher, Ihr werdet zufrieden sein. Ich werde Euch damit nicht enttäuschen.~
 @176  = ~Ihr seid zurück! Bitte, lasst mich den Stein für Euch schmieden.~
-@177  = ~Also gut. Schmiedet mir den Plattenpanzer.~
+@177  = ~Also gut. Schmiedet mir den Prunkharnisch.~
 @178  = ~Also gut. Schmiedet mir den Großschild.~
 @179  = ~Nein, werdet Ihr nicht.~

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 22 June 2009 - 08:50 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#68 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

Thanks a lot! :rolleyes: Now I clear understand how working FixPack

Murloc-translator

#69 Amidamaru88

Amidamaru88
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

Just a quick question :
How do you get to Arlax? The dijin appeared and gave me the location but I still can't travel there,the area is grey.
Do I have to speak to someone else?

#70 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

RR4001.BAF

Has a line when opening the door:
OpenDoor("AR4001door2")
But no clickable door appears.

#71 yago

yago
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

I have updated parts of the german translation of RoT. So far I have checked 220/500 files improving/retranslating/correcting/adjusting 120 files in total.
Details on what has been changed exactly are currently only available in german, however if needed I could translate them.

If you would like to use the updated translation copy the new files into your RoTerror/Language/German folder BEFORE installing RoT.

NOTE: I released two versions. The only difference so far in the adult version (which isn't really an adult version) is about the cult in IceWindDale. The torture dialoges contain increased violence and cruelty and therefore I decided to let people decide what they like.

Vanilla Version:
Attached File  RoTerror.7z   45.59K   407 downloads

Adult Version:
Attached File  RoTerrorAdult.7z   46.18K   496 downloads

#72 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

Hi yago!

Thanks for doing these :coolthumb: I can include your translations for the next version.
I plan on updating some RoT things but it will be the summer at least as there is a lot of content and I am currently going through RoT 1.0 (non-Weidu) comparing BCS to restore missing texts. I believe everything is in the TRA files, just updating the BAFs to say the correct things.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#73 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

Here's some fixes for RoT v2.1

CULTBOY.BAF and MAGEXXX.BAF (19 mage scripts)
- !Dead("yself)") -> !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_REALLY_DEAD)

GODAVA2.BAF
- !Dead("layer1)") -> !StateCheck(Player1,STATE_REALLY_DEAD)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#74 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

A strange resting bug

http://www.shsforums...post__p__500507

#75 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

A strange resting bug

http://www.shsforums...post__p__500507

Caused by some shitty item from some other mod (if we read on two more posts from the linked one).
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#76 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

"Castles at war" quest
infinite looping script on entering to capture Talaran's castle

#77 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

For anyone experiencing the crash again after Pip leaves to start his own forge (this is confirmed on many installs and totally unrelated to the area files crash) then you can open RR3101.BCS in Near Infinity and delete the contents of the script so it is blank. Compile and save but make sure you have a saved copy of the original.

Or for the daring editor, make these changes to the BCS with NI; compile and save. To change at install time edit RR3101.BAF in the RoTerror folder.

Spoiler

Now you can still have Brundor make any left over recipes. Tested and confirmed! :)

Edited by Hoppy, 26 November 2010 - 11:29 AM.

- King Diamond

#78 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

For the current updates I am having a real hard time with all the BWP fixes that are not mentioned by Leomar earlier in this topic. Some fixes are obvious typos which is straightforward and some are attempts at fixing a problems that I do not know about, never heard about or even know what the fix is fixing :blink:

I am definitely not going to be able to include every single fix in that folder without knowing what they are or should be :(

Another good example to post fixes or suggestions in the relevant forums, ie the mod's forums. :)

- King Diamond

#79 -Jaraxal-

-Jaraxal-

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

the worldmap wont update

#80 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

the worldmap wont update

Where? You need to install the Worldmap Mod after RoT.

http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=308

- King Diamond