Auror kit for the Ranger Class
Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:20 AM
File Submitter: Aeviannce
File Submitted: 28 Oct 2008
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods
Forum: No Information
Readme: No Information
AUROR: A unique archer with an exceptional ability to control the forces of Ice and Winter. Though believed to be born Aurilian, she does not share the destructive whims of the Frost Maiden and her followers and on the contrary, has a fairly charming personality. Innately born agile, she is extremely quick and precise in every move but, it proves to be a necessity rather than an advantage for she is also born physically weak. This does not however, prevents her to aid those in need and is certain to quickly respond. She is a stalwart protector of the weak and a vicious, cold foe of evil.
- Grand Master - Missile Weapons: May put 5 points in Long Bow and Short Bow
- +1 to hit and +1 to damage, with any missile weapon for every 2 levels of experience
- -1 speed factor with missile weapons for every 4 levels
- Frost Touch: At the 12th level, all her ranged attacks will deal an additional 2d8 cold damage
- At the 14th, 16th and 18th level, she will receive additional priest spell slots.
- -1 AC bonus every 4 levels
- +3 resistance to cold damage every 2 levels
- +5 resistance to magic every 5 levels
- +1 bonus to save vs. breath every 3 levels
- Immune to charm, entangle and web spells
- Beginning at the 10th level, she will receive additional spells exclusive only to her. They are as follows:
10th level: Frozen Armor
12th level: Auril?s touch
15th level: Hoarfrost, Breath of Cold, Fimbulwinter
18th level: Ice Elemental Summoning
20th level: Winter?s Lament
- Available only to Elves and Half-Elves of Neutral and Chaotic Good alignment
- Receives a -1 penalty to Save vs. Death for every 6 levels.
- Has access on selected melee and ranged weapons only.
- Can only become proficient in Melee weapons; she may never specialize
- Cannot put any point to Fighting Style Proficiencies other than Two Weapon Style
- Cannot wear ANY armor
- No Stealth ability
Click here to download this file
Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:38 PM
And then there's the spells. Just looking at the descriptions - Breath of Cold is 12d12 damage (apparently with no save?) plus a chance of slow as a second level spell? Hoarfrost is an instant (AoE?) kill on fire creatures as a first level spell - in addition to its other effects!? Bloody hell. That is not the kind of power a ranger is supposed to be throwing around (remember, those spells come in addition to already being able to kick all kinds of ass with regular weapons, second only to a pureclass fighter).
I appreciate the attempt to make an "elemental warrior" kind of kit, but it needs balancing, and lots of it.
Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:14 PM
I have uptated the text to include :
+1 to dexterity and +2 to charisma on character creation.
-3 to constitution and -4 to strengh on character creation.
Have a good day
Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:11 PM
At the 14th, 16th and 18th level, she will receive additional priest spell slots.
This doesn't work, the kit have always 3 spells by lvl.
I can fix it by myself, but i'm traductor, not conceptor.
Have a good and happy new year, guys