Photo

BiG World Setup

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#21 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

I did that and went though the list checking the mods I wanted. It said that 'Later you will be able to select the components here.' Does that mean that the feature not yet finished or later in the process I will be able to select it?

Now I understand what you mean!! You will have the opportunity to select the components from each mod later but it probably wont work. I havent been able to get it to even show the components. So I guess the answer to your question is that its probably still work in progress.

Yepp, like you can read in the first post:

But you will have to be a little patient for the best feature.
We (the BiG World Project-Team) want to go deeper and be able to select all the components itself.
Parts of the requirements are already implemented, but it will take a little (longer) time to have current data and a good way to run and test the WeiDU-installations.

So, yes, this will be our next goal.

Does the setup only help you download?

Here is the description of the BWS from the download section:

BIG WORLD SETUP

DESCRIPTION

You can easily install the BiG World Project with this installation-tool. It can be used for an English or a German installation. You can select within predefined versions or make and share your completely own mega-mod. Therefore the installation-tool checks for incompatibilities open dependencies. Additionally, it checks your BG1 and BG2 installations to avoid subsequent faults.

In short: With the ?BiG World Setup (BWS)? a mega-mod becomes much easier and will be less error-prone.

FUNCTIONS

You can choose predefined BWP-versions and add or remove mods as you like. If you want to create your own mega-mod then do and share it. The tool will guide you through all the installation steps.

After you made your selection, the BiG World Setup starts the whole installation process. The BWS does the following things then:
  • It checks if BG1, BG2 and ToB are correct installed and if they are patched with the right official BioWare patches
  • If you wish, you can make a backup of your BG2 files (recommend)
  • It downloads the chosen mods
  • It extracts the chosen mods into the BG2 main directory in a correct manner
  • It activates the cheats, the CLUAConsole and the error-log in the baldur.ini of BG2
  • At the end it starts a modified BiG World Install.bat
The BWS constantly checks for faults, so if an error occurs during the installation you will be notified and can try to solve the problem with the assistance of the BWS. E.g. it checks for the existence of a file before it downloads it from the internet. Of course, changes to the name of file-size will be noted.

NOTES

If you don?t want to play BGT, so you can do a BG2 only installation with the BWS, too.

Our next goal is to include all the mod components into the BWS, so you may choose only those features that you really like.

If you like to contribute, please contact us.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#22 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

O.K. we have to solve a mysterium.

Because of the BWS problem I've used the BWS again yesterday and all was fine. No problems.

Now we have the following situation:

- The BWS works fine for some users
- The BWS make problems for some other users

It is no WindowsXP/Vista problem, because White Agnus and I use Windows XP. White Agnus has the problem and I not. We both have running AntiVir and Firewall during the process.

I don't know more circumstances, why the BWS is not working for some gamers. Or have I forgot something?

White Agnus and Dabus will check the BWS programming again, to get a clue about the problem.

But at the moment it is very mysterious. :huh:

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#23 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

O.K. we have to solve a mystery.

Greetings Leomar

Might it be this? As I see no notes or anything in this regard... and the solution is in the thread, and elsewhere...
If it's not that, then we do need far better explanation of what's wrong.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Greetings Leomar

Might it be this? As I see no notes or anything in this regard... and the solution is in the thread, and elsewhere...

We have tried to fix the BWS problem several times, but no of the fixes is working at the moment...
Mysterious, mysterious...

Thanks Jarno. We'll test it, too.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#25 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

A wonderful tool! But when I double click "BiG World Setup.vbs", I got error as this image. Um... what a pity.

Do you use Vista or Linux?

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#26 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Greetings Leomar

We have tried to fix the BWS problem several times, but no of the fixes is working at the moment...
Mysterious, mysterious...

Thanks Jarno. We'll test it, too.

Greetings Leomar

The big WeiDU.exe of the Widescreen mod is not causing the problem. So far.
But at the moment we don't really know, what is going on here.
For the most gamers the BiG World Setup is working fine and for some not...

We're working on it and ideas are very welcome.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#27 Killua

Killua
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

A wonderful tool! But when I double click "BiG World Setup.vbs", I got error as this image. Um... what a pity.

Do you use Vista or Linux?

Greetings Leomar

No, my OS is Windows XP SP2.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Edited by Killua, 19 April 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#28 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:23 AM

I am on my first BWP install ever, but I have followed the progress for quite some time. I use now the BWS. Right now I am at the downloadstage and I have only encountered one problem so far but I have also a question for the future.

1. When I checked the linklist it said that two mods could not be found or similar. Namely Quallo v1.11 and Cambio's Celestials. I solved it by going back and removing them from my installationlist. Is there any other way these problems gets solved automatic later on or should I have gone and DL:ed them manually if I really wanted them?

2. When a new modversion comes out and I am about to try a new install how will the BWS handle that. Will it download and install the newer version even if the old is lying in the folder still or will it remove the old at the same time or do I need to remove manually?
My assumption is that the options I had somwhere around there, remove-move-keep, means that if I choose remove it will remove old versions if new are available and download the new ones and install them in this new installation, but I would like to know for sure :) (that is how my brain works sorry, I need to know so it can rest)

Thanks for this amazing work. From all the modmakers to the BWP and now the BWS!

Edited by apelsinlax, 21 April 2009 - 12:32 PM.

#29 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

We have found and fixed the BiG World Setup problem. Taimon has helped us and Dabus has uploaded the new corrected version. Here you get the recent BWS v2.0.1.

2.0.1 - 21.04.2009
Fixed: Extraction problem with BWP-Tools, WeiDU and BeregostCrashFixer in 09_Install.au3
Fixed: Line 305 'CD5' -> 'CD5:' in 17_Testing.au3
Updated: 7-Zip v4.65

@ Killua
Try the new version and let us know if you have still the problem.

@ apelsinlax

1. When I checked the linklist it said that two mods could not be found or similar. Namely Quallo v1.11 and Cambio's Celestials. I solved it by going back and removing them from my installationlist. Is there any other way these problems gets solved automatic later on or should I have gone and DL:ed them manually if I really wanted them?

Here is Dabus note from the first post:
Some mods may be located on servers that need passwords and the setup can't handle that.
It's not a bug if those mods cannot be downloaded. You will be assisted to download those mods to integrate them into your installation.

Cambio's Celestial is such a mod, but Quallo not. But normally you don't need to go back. The BWS tells you that it can't download the mods and assist you to download them manually. Do this and put them in your choosen download folder and the BWS will use it.

2. When a new modversion comes out and I am about to try a new install how will the BWS handle that. Will it download and install the newer version even if the old is lying in the folder still or will it remove the old at the same time or do I need to remove manually?

The BWS uses everytime the newer mod versions. If you start the BWS it updates automatically itself, so you can be sure your are up-to-date. If you start the download process the BWS checks for each download if you have the mod and the recent version in your choosen download folder. If yes, it skip the download. If not, it downloads the recent version. If you have the older version in your download folder, so you have both versions in it and the BWS takes the newer one, only. With the BWS option "Files - Check existing mods" you can clean-up your download folder, so the older versions will be deleted then. For more information about that function read the BWS help-text on this site.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#30 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

I saw there is a new BWS version but my BWS did not find it on the autoupdate. Atleast I don't think so cause there was no message about it and I did not see a download. Is it anyway to check what version you are currently using?

#31 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

I saw there is a new BWS version but my BWS did not find it on the autoupdate. Atleast I don't think so cause there was no message about it and I did not see a download. Is it anyway to check what version you are currently using?

If we release a new BWS "Installation Package" version, the old one is outdated. You must download the new "Installation Package" manually and not with the update function. Sorry for the misunderstandings.

The update function search for updates in the linklist and for smaller BWS updates, which we'll not everytime pronounce. Normally we want only to release a new "Installation Package" with each new BWP version, but because of the BWS error we decided to release a fixed "Installation Package".

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 22 April 2009 - 09:32 PM.

- Chevalier

#32 Killua

Killua
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

@ Killua
Try the new version and let us know if you have still the problem.

Bad news, the same error appears. :crying:

#33 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:18 AM

There might be some leftover tp2 files from the previous version in your BG2 directory.
Either delete them, or try to create a directory called 'temp' (in the BG2 dir), if you don't have one already.

/Edit:
Actually, it looks like you are talking about an entirely different error than everybody else.
I recall coming across it once, but only with a test version and when I enabled tracing.
Did you try starting from scratch, i. e. make sure that there are no leftover files from previous tries, maybe extract the setup to a different directory, and so on?

Edited by Taimon, 23 April 2009 - 02:29 AM.

#34 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

Tracing is enabled by default.
Bypass it by going into the BiG World Setup-dir and drag 'n' drop the BiG World Setup.au3 on the AutoIt3.exe.

Edited by dabus, 23 April 2009 - 07:25 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#35 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

If we release a new BWS "Installation Package" version, the old one is outdated. You must download the new "Installation Package" manually and not with the update function. Sorry for the misunderstandings.

The update function search for updates in the linklist and for smaller BWS updates, which we'll not everytime pronounce. Normally we want only to release a new "Installation Package" with each new BWP version, but because of the BWS error we decided to release a fixed "Installation Package".

Greetings Leomar

Ok I see. When I install the new version should I just go head on or do I need to delete or uninstall the old version first?

#36 SirArnoldTomen80

SirArnoldTomen80
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

I've started BiG_World_Setup_2.0.1.exe. I selected Standard Installation to be as much as possible bug free. Setup downloaded all the mods, and after that extracted them in BG2 SoA folder. After the extracting it asked me do I want to install some mods, on wich I replied NO (it did that for couple of mods).

After that I started all of the games and expansions and made quicksaves for each of them.
So this should be all steps on 13 pages of Big World v6.0 english.pdf document. Currently I'm on page 14 Automated Installation - Avoid problems.

Can someone tell me what to do next in order to continue installation? Do I need to click on every file that was downloaded (in specific order), or the mega mod is installed, or I messed somewhere along in the process?

I'm sending the image of the download folder with all the files that are in it.

Thank You.

Attached Images

• BG2SoAFolder.JPG

#37 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Can someone tell me what to do next in order to continue installation? Do I need to click on every file that was downloaded (in specific order), or the mega mod is installed, or I messed somewhere along in the process?

Start the Big World Install v6.0.1.bat and that should do all the rest, as it's the auto installation .bat... but before that, open the WeiDU.log with Notepad and see if it has any of the mods installed, as you should have none yet.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#38 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

The BWS should have told you that you can work again after the extraction of the NSIS-packages.
After it told you that everything was ok, it should have started the customized "BiG World Install"-batch (the path for the BG1-tests and the BGT-installation should be set to your previously selected folder).

The batch should do the installation of the WeiDU-setups itself.

Since I can't see the folder that would be created to extract the NSIS-packages to, the mods should have been unpacked properly, but please have a look at the mods that are found by the batch to ensure that all your desired mods are really found.

Edited by dabus, 23 April 2009 - 10:07 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#39 SirArnoldTomen80

SirArnoldTomen80
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:02 AM

Start the Big World Install v6.0.1.bat and that should do all the rest, as it's the auto installation .bat... but before that, open the WeiDU.log with Notepad and see if it has any of the mods installed, as you should have none yet.

Ok, thaks for the quick answer Jarno. I already checked the LOG You mentioned and it is empty just as You stated.

#40 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

I don't know what to call these small issues but I figured I could report them.

1. When I updated to 2.0.1 of the BWS I tried a new install and it said I did not have a backup (but I had already done that but it was created with 2.0.0).
I updated to 2.0.1 by simple running the setup and told it to overwrite everything. This is correct?

2. When you first start BWS and it checks for updates etc. you have the option to click continue. I tried to click that one or two times before the updates were ready but after the downloads WERE ready it forwarded me one or two pages ahead (my clicks on continue were stored in the memory somehow).