Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#221 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

...I have a little suggestion: in the future, test your changes in a bare BG II-ToB installation, please. :( These fixes won't work and will cause an error when installing in this configuration.

Thank you very much for looking into it. We'll consider it.

Similarly, there was another change that doesn't work in the archive Leomar sent us. The setup-Kiara-Zaiya.tp2 file was moved to the mod directory (originally it was still with the exe). For some reason, probably because of the dash in the directory name, WeiDU can't find the tp2 if it is in the mod directory.

Uups, I don't know that. Moving the TP2 into the mod-folder is only a cosmetic change, so you don't need to change all the folder/file names, now. Move the TP2 back.

Thanks for your information. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#222 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

Regarding Kiara Zaiya:

I got this error:

Installing [Jao and party for SOA: another tough fight]
Checking for required files ...
Extending game scripts ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Compiling 2 scripts ...

[Kiara-Zaiya\WU-JE\KZJAO.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 159 column 1-15
Near Text: )
Type mismatch in "Name" argument of [Dead].
Expecting type "string". Recovering.

[Kiara-Zaiya\WU-JE\KZJAO.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 281 column 1-15
Near Text: )
Type mismatch in "Name" argument of [Dead].
Expecting type "string". Recovering.

I guess it is linked with the new fix / update / whatever, so I post it here. :whistling:

#223 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

I guess it is linked with the new fix / update / whatever, so I post it here. :whistling:

That's right :P

The Fixpack is using the older fixes for KZ (cause I think it's waiting for it be updated with the newer ones :unsure:) Ah well, here's the fixed BWPFixpack files ... (and a botched fix for BP similar to the earlier SCS typo :doh:)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#224 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Thank you very much. Do you mind if I post here directly? If yes, please tell me.
I got these errors during tests:

Creature Offset Checker:

Spoiler

Skie-Portrait (Summon Bhaalspawn):
Spoiler

Longer Road (minor problem, I think):

Spoiler

SCSII (got this the third time now):
Spoiler

Edit:
LR: Cannot be fixed cia code
Creature Offset Checker: see special thread
SCSII: Is this maybe related with Ascension (because of the "asc"?

Edited by Fennek, 23 April 2010 - 11:15 AM.

#225 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

Looking at this discussion, the BWP overwrites the SHOUTIDS.IDS (Ninde, Xulaye) and STATS.iDS (Kelsey, BP) in the middle of installation for certain mods. I tried to empty out the _ids folder so that the install.bat can't copy any ids in between. Obviously, this resulted in PARSE ERRORs and it looks like they're rather easy to fix :D

So, the install.bat handles IDS files in 4 lines:

Line 2907:
%IF% "BiG World Fixpack" copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\*.ids" ".\override" | %M%
Bulk copy of default BGII-ToB versions of all the .ids files (VERY NECESSARY!!!)

Line 3768:
%IF% "BiG World Fixpack" copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\shoutids.ids" ".\override" | %M%
Copy of shoutids.ids to avoid errors with Ninde and Xulaye. Easily fixed by adding APPEND blocks to their .tp2's
  • Ninde -> HELP_ME_GROUP153 & FLEE_FROM_MAGE
  • Xulaye -> HELP_ME_GROUP151
So, right now, this line CAN BE REMOVED IF the attached files are used ;)

Line 4145:
%IFS%BPv179.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\stats.ids" ".\override" | %M%
Copy of stats.ids before BPv179. With my experiment, BPv179 didn't give any PARSE ERRORs, so this line is probably redundant ...

Line 4279:
%IFS%BPv179.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\stats.ids" ".\override" | %M%
Copy before Kelsey, again no ERRORs, so this might be redundant as well :D

So, attached the modified ninde.tp2 and xulaye.tp2 with the APPEND blocks to avoid PARSE ERRORs and not breaking tactical mods :P Also attaching my WeiDU.log, BiG World Debug.txt and BiG World Install.bat if anyone wants to check :)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 23 April 2010 - 07:12 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#226 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:38 AM

Intersting. You didn't get the warnings with Nathaniel(?) component from SimDings Questpack. I'll try an installation over night, if I get the SimDing warnings again they might be the last "resistence pocket". But if we get rid of the ids problem, the last "general" problem would be fixed and only problems related to some single mods remain (at least in the installation process). :cheers:

Edit. A fatal error in one part of NEJ. Did not look it up if it is from the Expert or the Tactic-installation.
No problem with the Skie portrait, very nice.
LR: Doesn't matter, I guess, will test it tomorrow.
No problem with SCSII: Great, but I don't have an explanation, though.
@Dark Side Koblads: Is a changelog on that .cre of any value? (I guess not, I got a warning with Better shouts for help, changelog did not show anything...)

Edited by Fennek, 24 April 2010 - 03:50 AM.

#227 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

Hehe :D Thanks for lookin into me debug!

Anyway, I'll put out what (I think) are the reasons for the errors you see ;)

1) NeJ -> It's because the BWP didn't do the bulk cpy of all ids'es before installing everything ;) (the BG2Fixpack adds those lines to gtimes.ids IF it's present in the override ... while it was NOT in my install :P) It came up cause I deleted all the ids'es from the BWPFixpack :P

2) SBS Skie portrait -> I didn't actually install the mod itself :devil:

3) LR -> (*elevator music*)

4) SCS Dark kobolds -> Changelog gives me nada :(
Mods affecting DW#KOBCH.CRE:
Ah well ...

#228 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

Can I assume you tested the files and they worked properly if you know the sound?

Regarding the SCS/SCSII problems... Might be linked with other mods, but will probably be difficult to detect. Or with Ai constellation. No idea at the moment. The other guy who got the problem als did use BP-AI only, I think.

Edited by Fennek, 24 April 2010 - 04:14 AM.

#229 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

Can I assume you tested the files and they worked properly if you know the sound?

No no :ROFL: (perfect example of stupid joke gone bad :lol:)

I meant "elevator music" in the sense that I was clueless and standing behind doing nothing while others (you) were doing the work :D (like in an elevator, everyone just stands waiting for it to stop :P) Again, I dunno anything about wav's and stuff ... so sorry :crying:

Now, interesting point about SCS ... could it be that like BPSeries needs BPv179, this component needs the SCS tactical components??? :unsure:

Edited by Lollorian, 24 April 2010 - 04:18 AM.

#230 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

No no :ROFL: (perfect example of stupid joke gone bad :lol:)

:D :cheers: :D Great...

I decided to try an installation with both SCS/II and BP AI today. It won't be possible to play it properly, but maybe I get problems with neither SCSI and II (or get both errors... that would be really funny... 8) ). The outcome might be of some help.

#231 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

Just a quick heads-up, guys. Modders probably do appreciate all the hard work you guys do to make sure everything is playing nicely together. It's great that you take the time to report issues. Just make sure that when you do, you're reporting them on the correct forum. :cheers:

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#232 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

Just make sure that when you do, you're reporting them on the correct forum. :cheers:

Ehhehehehehehe :ermm: ... ooooohhhh boy

Learn from my (oh-so-awesomely-stupid) mistakes people!! :D

#233 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:01 AM

@Lollorian:

That's the line for Kelsey:

%IFS%Kelsey.exe copy /Y ".\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\stats.ids" ".\override" | %M%

(You gave BP 2 times). I'v just deleded the three lines, copies your fixes into the mods and will let the party start... Result tomorrow or in the very late evening when I'm back... :cheers:

#234 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Deleded the three lines, used the two tp2 and no parse errors anymore! :cheers: :D :cheers:
YOU ARE DEFEATED!!! WAHAHAHAHA!!

Well, I got the problem with SCSII again (although I installed both SCSI/II and BP AI)

Spoiler

Kiara-Zaiya problem is still there (I expected nothing else since the fixes are not yet in the fixpack)

LR: I tested the two files (mxirenA.acm and mxellea.acm). Both worked fine. The second one was from a movie I have seen... Something with Hobbits and a sorcerer and stuff like that...

SCS: No problems, kobolds installed without a problem.
Spoiler

Skie-Portrait: Still this error, still not relevant, I guess. Although it slowly makes me a bit sick... :blink:

Edited by Fennek, 24 April 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#235 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

<hi-five> Great to know that the ids stuff actually worked :ermm:

And about the kobolds, you're right, temujin just gave a fix for this and another fix for endbattle.tph (it kinda needed the Smarter AI component to be installed :D) So, after a looooong time ...

temujin's SCS Dark Side Kobolds and Improved Endbattle fix
Fix: here

EDIT: I just realized I had the wrong version of SBS all along :doh: (the one without the spanish translate) Well, the english setup.tra doesn't have an @56 string, here's the fixed .tra :)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 24 April 2010 - 07:42 PM.

#236 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

Great! At Kerzenburg we found out in the morning what was going on with SBS and the Spanish-English-tra problem... I slept too long, as it seems... 8)
The installation is cleansed now, as it seems... :Bow:

The last man standing:
Only the SCSII problem remains... :D I'll have a look if old Ascension is necessary and BP Ascension not sufficient...

Edited by Fennek, 25 April 2010 - 02:11 AM.

#237 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

Ima sneaky ninja, oh yes I am!! :ph34r:

It might just be better to forget Ascension for SCS AI installs :( Unless you're ready to use the original (non-BP) Ascension ... or if either mod (SCS/BP) goes the extra mile to make them compatible :unsure:

Anyway, some fixes:

Fixpack for the BWPFixpack v9.0.3
Fix: Includes the stupid LastSeenBy(Myself) typo fixes for BP and vic's Improvements AND the correct cre_check.tp2 (with the VERSION tag AND the NUL chars :D)

Hoppy's Kiara-Zaiya demon spawn fix
Fix: here (I'm bloody sure I'd uploaded this before :unsure:)

Hoppy & amenda's Song and Silence-BPSeries crash fix
Fix: here :devil:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 26 April 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#238 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

It might just be better to forget Ascension for SCS AI installs :( Unless you're ready to use the original (non-BP) Ascension ... or if either mod (SCS/BP) goes the extra mile to make them compatible :unsure:

I'll tell Leomar. I cannot say what problems it would cause to bring old Ascension back for SCS-installations. I should test all this SCSII-BP-Ascension stuff one day... We lack too much information...

@Kiara-Zaiya-demon spawn: Does this affect the dragon at Suldanessaler? (Doesn't BP also affect this dragon with Suldanessaler-component)? If yes, is this tested with BP or should one take this in the install.bat into consideration?

#239 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Please don't bury yourself into that, as the problem is just one script giving a notice that it wasn't updated by the Better Calls For Help components in SCSII, as it's just a warning, not a install failure... so from we can tell, it's all fine as is.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#240 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Please don't bury yourself into that, as the problem is just one script giving a notice that it wasn't updated by the Better Calls For Help components in SCSII, as it's just a warning, not a install failure... so from we can tell, it's all fine as is.

BP-Ascension already has BP's AI ... so, if you install the SCS Improved Ascension components, you'll be mixing BP and SCS AI ... which peeps have said is nasty :unsure:

Yes, it's just one warning, but before BWP v9, the BP and SCS main components could be installed together without errors (and it still can), but the problems appear in-game ... there must've been some reason to separate them ;)

Also ... MOAR TYPOS!!! (forgot to up these in the last typo batch :doh:)

Misc typos
Changelog:
tb#quest 
(tb#quest\lotr\compile\tb#lotpr.baf)
Line 27: tb#lotg -> tb#lotrg
(b#quest\prilla\ar0700.baf)
Line 5: tb#mprila -> tb#mpril

DSotSC (DSotSC\BAF\DSLICH2.baf)
Line 18 & 117: Ghost4 -> Ghost5

@KZ demons: According to the problem, the KZ mod replaces the Sulda black dragon with the demon even if Kiara and Zaiya aren't in the party!!! This makes the demon spawn only if KZ is in the party ... so whatever affects the dragon stays (if you don't have KZ ... in which case you face the non-BP-affected-demon :D)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 26 April 2010 - 11:09 AM.