Donator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:39 AM

Kerzenburgforum

Tales of Anegh
Coder (WeiDU): White Agnus
Original Author(Non-Weidu): Naurandir

Current Maintainer: jastey
Mod Type: Questmod

Game Compatibility: all BGII games (BGII, BGT, BGII:EE, EET)

The story of this mod history is a connection between Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate 2. Meet the mage Nomoran in Athkatla (or later in ToB in Amkethran, if the mod content was not played in SoA) who will ask you for help in a fight against a monster horde. With his magic, he will teleport you directly into the mountains near the village "Anegh". Depending on whether you play the Mod in SoA or in ToB, it offers two different endings.

Translations:
Headbanger (english)

ilot (Italian)

Download the Mod

GitHub Mirror

Edited by jastey, 03 July 2019 - 11:52 PM.
Updated version, link

#2 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:51 AM

Sounds interesting!
Some infos about the mod's balance (enemies, items, spells and the like)?
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#3 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:33 AM

It sounds very cool!

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:53 AM

There are some tales lately... I will have to "listen" also to this tale... :P

#5 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:07 AM

Some infos about the mod's balance (enemies, items, spells and the like)?

Hmm, the original Mod was unbalanced, but I have built several components to assure balance in regard to the Big World Project. :)

I will have to "listen" also to this tale

Thanks, I also will "listen" to your tale, if I got time for it. :)

#6 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

FAQ:

Q: What do I need to use this MOD?
A: Tales of Anegh will require Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal with the latest Bioware/Interplay patches. I also strongly encourage the installation of the BG2Fixpack as well.

Q: How is the balance in this MOD?
A: In the original Mod there was too much loot because there are huge monster groups with special items equipped. I have done several Balance components to assure that there are not to much Uuber Items... ;)

Q: Is it ok to add crossmod content to my MOD?
A: Feel free to add some crossomod content to your MOD, but inform me, before you do this. ;)

Q: Are there new items in this MOD?
A: Yes.

Q: Are there new NPCs in this MOD?
A: No.

Q: Is this mod compatible with other mods?
A: Yes, I tested ToA several times with the Big World Project. ;)

The FAQ will extended soon.

#7 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

Some New Items: (will be extended soon)

Field suit of armor

A field suit of armor is the best armament which a warrior, can acquire in both appearance as well as protection. The perfectly interlocking armoured plates are angled so that they deflect arrows and blows, and the whole armament is affectionately decorated with elaborate engravings and detailed embossing.

QUALITIES:

Armament class: 1
Weight: 70
Least strength: 15

Cannot be used by:
- Bards
- Druids
- Magicians
- Thieves

Anathros, Sword of the Earth

This sword was created by legendary fighter magician Tandos Anegh. It is specifically intended to be used by a mage in combat, and protect him. It is also called the sword of the earth, as it exudes a calm, which makes even the most quick-tempered bearers decisions which are dominated not by feelings, but by the mind. A magician whom owns this weapon can count himself lucky.

QUALITIES:

The bearer of this long sword can lead this weapon as if he was a Grand Master in this weapon skill. He is immune against fear and the armament class of the bearer is improved by 3 points. In addition carriers can be a mage spell of the 4th and 6th Degree in addition to memorize it.

THAC0: -5
Damage: 1D8 +5 (slashing)
Damage bonus: +1 (magic)
Weight: 4
Initiative factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: 1-handed
Least strength: 6

Can be used only by:
- Magicians of good disposition

Edited by White Agnus, 06 November 2009 - 04:20 AM.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:20 AM

:Bow: New quest mods always brighten up my day :coolthumb:

Thanks for this :woot:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 06 November 2009 - 05:23 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:21 AM

Cool! :clap:

Thanks for releasing the mod for use with BiG World Project!

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:39 AM

Those two items seems powerful but not balance-breaking, I'll definitely try it in my next run. :)

BTW, am I the only one to feel the need of an "enable SoA post-game" mod, to play all the sidequests and awesome mods for SoA after killing Irenicus? It would help RP-wise. :D
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

Some New Items: (will be extended soon)...

A few nitpicks.
Field Plate Mail

A field suit of armor is the best armament which a warrior, can acquire in both appearance as well as protection. The perfectly interlocking armoured plates are angled so that they deflect arrows and blows, and the whole armament is affectionately decorated with elaborate engravings and detailed embossing.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 1 or 2, as the full plate is 1 and the normal has 3...
Requires: 15 Strength

Not usable by:
- Bard
- Druid
- Mage
- Thief

This sword was created by legendary fighter magician Tandos Anegh. It is specifically intended to be used by a mage in combat, and protect him. It is also called the sword of the earth, as it exudes a calm, which makes even the most quick-tempered bearers decisions which are dominated not by feelings, but by the mind. A magician whom owns this weapon can count himself lucky.

STATISTICS:
Special: Memorize one extra forth and sixth level spell
Grants Grand Master in Long Sword weapon skill

THAC0: +5
Speed factor: 5
Requires: 6 Strength

Can be used only by:
- Magicians of good alignment

The -5 is a negative modifier which adds to the Thac0, and the +5 is a positive modifier = reduces the Thac0, just like all the other +x weapons.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 November 2009 - 07:35 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:43 AM

Some New Items: (will be extended soon)...

A few nitpicks.
Field Plate Mail

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 1 or 2, as the full plate is 1 and the normal has 3...
Requires: 15 Strength

Not usable by:
- Bard
- Druid
- Mage
- Thief

STATISTICS:
Special: Memorize one extra forth and sixth level spell
Grants Grand Master in Long Sword weapon skill

Speed factor: 5

Can be used only by:
- Magicians of good alignment

The -5 is a negative modifier which adds to the Thac0, and the +5 is a positive modifier = reduces the Thac0, just like all the other +x weapons.

Ok, thanks, I have changed these points locally (and it will included in the next update). :)
If someone want to proofread the english translation, feel free to do it. :)

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

Here's a (kinda) revised english setup.tra for you :P (tried to make it as vanilla BioWare as possible ... even used the vanilla in-game unidentified item descrips :D)

I know, some descriptions may not sound right (particularly the Hackmaster +12 ... the descrip was so long ... it scared me :doh:), but I tried to catch as many as I could :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 07 November 2009 - 11:45 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#14 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

Here's a (kinda) revised english setup.tra for you :P (tried to make it as vanilla BioWare as possible ... even used the vanilla in-game unidentified item descrips :D)

I know, some descriptions may not sound right (particularly the Hackmaster +12 ... the descrip was so long ... it scared me :doh:), but I tried to catch as many as I could :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

Thanks. :)
I will update ToA in a few days, then I will include it.. ;)

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

Here's a (kinda) revised english setup.tra for you

I didn't check it, but I assume you caught stuff like this?

It is also called the sword of the earth, as it exudes a calm, which makes even the most quick-tempered bearers decisions which are dominated not by feelings, but by the mind. A magician whom owns this weapon can count himself lucky.

Should be more like:

It is also called the "sword of the earth," as it exudes a calm which causes even the most quick-tempered bearer to make decisions dominated not by feelings, but by the mind. A magician who owns this weapon can consider himself lucky.

Still not totally happy with that, but there's less "Germlish" in it anyway :D.

Hackmaster +12 ...

Is this item really necessary? Even the +5/grandmastery-granting/spell-slot-adding sword is pretty overpowered. Do the "balance" components adjust these things?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

The new descrip goes like so, :P

This sword was created by the legendary Fighter-Mage, Tandos Anegh. It is specifically intended to be used by a mage in combat, and protect him. It is also called the Sword of the Earth, as it exudes a calming influence, which makes even the most quick-tempered bearers' decisions to be dominated not by emotions, but by the mind. A Mage who owns this weapon can count himself lucky.

STATISTICS:

The bearer of this Long Sword can wield this weapon as if he was a Grandmaster in this weapon skill
He is immune against fear and the AC of the bearer is improved by 3
Additionally, the bearer can memorize an additional 4th and 6th Level spell

Damage: 1D8+5 (slashing)
Speed Factor: 5

Usable By:
Mage of Good Alignment

Could've been better, but my setup.tra was just a temporary hackjob to be used immediately ... I liekz uniformity in itamz :rolleyes: (I honestly didn't intend this for the next version :P)

Hackmaster +12 ...

Is this item really necessary? Even the +5/grandmastery-granting/spell-slot-adding sword is pretty overpowered. Do the "balance" components adjust these things?

The balance component probably leaves this out :P (and it also makes +4/5 stuff into +2/3 :coolthumb)

But, with Konalan's Tweaks already installing a Hackmaster +12 :D ... (ah ... finally I get my "legit" uber-cheesy dual-wielder :devil:)

BTW: Something I've always wanted to ask, in FR, is the plural of Mage, Magi or Mages?? I've seen Mages used in vanilla somewhere methinks, but never payed much attention to mages in-game :P

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 10 November 2009 - 08:50 AM.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

BTW: Something I've always wanted to ask, in FR, is the plural of Mage, Magi or Mages?? I've seen Mages used in vanilla somewhere methinks, but never payed much attention to mages in-game :P

Magi

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

BTW: Something I've always wanted to ask, in FR, is the plural of Mage, Magi or Mages??

Either is fine in English, but I think I would actually prefer "mages" for the game. "Magi," though the plural of the Latin root "magus," has a more biblical meaning in English. Either way, it should not be capitalised unless at the beginning of a sentence or part of someone's name/title/organisation etc. I don't think "Fighter-Mage" is supposed to be the guy's title, so fighter-magician was ok. Stuff like longsword and grandmaster probably isn't either, unless again, a proper name. English, unlike German, capitalises very little. Stuff in the STATISTICS section should go with whatever's most common in the game though. (Gods, we have pages and pages of this kind of boring stuff in the BG1 Fixroom... probably why I don't visit there much anymore heh.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#19 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:11 AM

Still not totally happy with that, but there's less "Germlish" in it anyway .

Hmm, if something is "Germlish" (In germany, we call it "Denglisch" :D), someone must proofread these strings...
I dind't got time to do that... :(

The "Hackmaster +12" will cuttet out of the area, if the "Area balancing" component will be installed...

#20 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

yay. I do look foreward for a new installation :)