LolFixer Thread

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#221 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

About the Tethtoril crash, please have a look at this post :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#222 Wigzy

Wigzy
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

About the Tethtoril crash, please have a look at this post :)

Awesome. Thanks for the help. All but the Area fixer problem seems fixed. :lol2:

#223 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

Next lolfixer should prevent crashes like this :cheers:

Awesome code (yay for randomness!)

Spoiler

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#224 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

SAY 0xc ~Jarno's Jams~

Ha ha, "I'll have my vengeance in this life or the next", by Maximus Decimus Aurelius... :devil: :twisted: :wub:

COPY_EXISTING  ~wolfva01.cre~ ~override/IJ#m3.cre~
		SAY NAME1  ~Lollorian~

*The Imp Whistles*

Edited by The Imp, 29 December 2013 - 06:16 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#225 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit rude, but this mod is included in a 'recommended' install with BWS, still it has broken my game.. I'm in Beregost, playing with SCS and Silke doesn't cast any spell, because this mod equipped her with a leather armor that prevents casting. I'll have to install everything again, so I'm asking: does this mod solve game-breaking problems, or can I live without it? I could solve Silke's (and similar) problem adding Item Rev option for arcane spellcasting in armor, but will I run in other problems with this mod? If yes, I'll leave it out. Thanks if you can help.

PS: I'm sure it's this mod, backup files it creates don't have the armor, I used NI

Edited by Vlar, 26 April 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#226 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

PS: I'm sure it's this mod, backup files it creates don't have the armor, I used NI
Are you sure it didn't have the armor (as in not equipped, or equipped in the wrong slot, the later would cheese the file anyways)? The mod might have indeed equipped an armor the creature had, but it's likely that it didn't actually give her the armor. Which would put the actual blame to elsewhere ... at least in theory.
There's a very define difference.

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 07:42 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#227 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

This mod seems to be the last to be installed (at least judging from the install order showed in BWS), and it makes 2 backups of Silke, none of them has the armor equipped, but yes one has it in the inventory, unequipped.

Edit: from LolFixer debug file:

SILKE.CRE error: Inventory Item #2 (LEAT01.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #25...
override/SILKE.CRE copied to lolfixer/backup/2/SILKE.CRE, 1408 bytes
Copied [SILKE.CRE] to [override/SILKE.CRE]

SILKE.CRE error: Equippable items in inventory: LEAT01.itm! Equipping ARMOR
override/SILKE.CRE copied to lolfixer/backup/4/SILKE.CRE, 1408 bytes
Copied [SILKE.CRE] to [override/SILKE.CRE]

So basically the item wasn't there, it added it and created a first backup, then it equipped it and created a second bacup.

Edited by Vlar, 26 April 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#228 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

So to improve the LolFixer, Lollorian needs to make sure not to equip the non-magic_user_armors to magic users... it's a bit more code to be coded by him. Thanks for the report. :devil:

But to actually find the dirty criminal that kinda caused this, you should dirt code the silke.cre ... aka, run a .bat file that contains this in it:
mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log silke.cre >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
And open the folder called change-log, that then contains the debug file: change-log.txt , which will then say what mods changed the file and in what order and you get to see all their backup files and so on, and find the one mod who added the item.
So basically the item wasn't there, it added it and created a first backup, then it equipped it and created a second bacup.
Erhm, or the creature had the item, but it was coded so that it was in between slots or in a non user slot.

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#229 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

On a side note, Silke fired a minor sequencer on my char, 2 charm spells, he was charmed, but remained there and did nothing at all, he didn't attack my party. Is this normal for the charm spell? Mine is a recommeded install with some tactic mods (SCS and some small others, but not big stuff like Vecna or unbalancing mods like Dark Horizons)

#230 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

Mine is a recommeded install with some tactic mods (SCS and some small others, but not big stuff like Vecna or unbalancing mods like Dark Horizons)
Your weidu.log's content gives a lot more info that what you say... and yes, I edited my post above a bit, just like you did yours. And the change-log.txt gives a precise mod list that are needed to debug the file in question(in the above case it gives the mod components just for the creature, the charm spell would need it's own logging and so forth of course).

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#231 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

this is the log

Mods affecting SILKE.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13) BWP Fix
00001: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v20 BWP Fix
00002: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ 0 8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v20 BWP Fix
00003: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.70
00004: ~SETUP-NSCPORTRAITS.TP2~ 0 0 // Portraits for BG1(BGT): v2.6
00005: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6000 // Smarter general AI: v28
00006: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6033 // Smarter Mages -> Mages in BG1 cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat; mages in BG2 only do so if they are created in sight of the PC: v28
00007: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v28
00008: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter: 11 (5 Feb 12) BWP Fix
00009: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Creature XP Reduction -> Reduce to 75%: v6 BWP Fix
00010: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5a BWP Fix
00011: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 2 // Creature Stuff - Inventory Unborker (removes spurious references to the item table): 29122013
00012: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 4 // Creature Stuff - Inventory Overhauler (moves invalid but equippable items to inventory and equips anything in the inventory to a free slot): 29122013
00013: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00014: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

#232 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Only SCS modifies Silke's inventory before LolFixer. In NI, looking at the 2 backup files, the oldest one has the leather armor among the items in the 'edit' tab, but it doesn't show up in the inventory (view items/spells tab)

#233 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

K, so this all is BG1's fault. Nice ! And that the BGT doesn't fix it. Yeah, and that Lollorian made his fixer a little too overzealous. :devil: Let it be put to the record that I checked the BG1's file and the failure is there.

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#234 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I'm wondering now.. is it worth it to have LolFixer after all (I'd install the spellcasting in armor component) or should I leave it out?

PS: can I install that component in my current install or is it safer to install everything again?

Edited by Vlar, 26 April 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#235 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'm wondering now.. is it worth it to have LolFixer after all (I'd install the spellcasting in armor component) or should I leave it out?
If you wish to be safe, you install the LolFixer component 2, but not the 4, as it has the potential to repeat this armor adding to elsewhere as well, and it doesn't really have an upsides, which is probably why it wasn't included to the other component.

Edited by The Imp, 26 April 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#236 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Ok thanks I'll try

#237 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Just a few:
DW#ABBL1.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABBL1.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 3...

DW#ABBL2.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABBL2.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 3...

DW#ABDGY.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABDGY.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 3...

DW#ABDGY.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN686.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABDGY.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN686.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 5...

DW#ABGRE.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN688.SPL) is a PRIEST spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABGRE.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABGRE.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 3...

DW#ABRED.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN686.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABRED.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN686.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 5...

DW#ABRED.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN692.SPL) is a PRIEST spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABRED.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN692.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 1...

DW#ABRED.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)...

DW#ABRED.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 3...

DW#ABGRE.CRE error: Effect #27 (Opcode 101) matches Effect #26! Removing...

DW#BAZPF.CRE error: Effect #32 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #12! Removing...

DW#BAZPF.CRE error: Effect #33 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #13! Removing...

DW#BAZPF.CRE error: Effect #32 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #14! Removing...

DW#BAZPF.CRE error: Effect #30 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #15! Removing...

DW#BAZPF.CRE error: Effect #28 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #17! Removing...

DW#BAZPF.CRE error: Effect #29 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #19! Removing...

DW#DRXG1.CRE error: Effect #35 (Opcode 206) matches Effect #12! Removing...

(and more)

DW#ABBLD.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],DMWW_TRAP_SET) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPIN128',[ANYONE])

DW#ABDGY.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],DMWW_TRAP_SET) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPIN128',[ANYONE])

DW#ABGRE.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],DMWW_TRAP_SET) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPIN128',[ANYONE])

DW#ABRED.BCS error: Replacing SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],DMWW_TRAP_SET) with SpellCastInnateRES('SPIN128',[ANYONE])

Isn't DW knowing what he's doing? Is all this really necessary? I wouldn't want this mod to break SCS at all..

Edited by Vlar, 26 April 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#238 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

Just a few:
DW#ABBL1.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) is a MAGE spell (was INNATE)
DW#ABBL1.CRE error: Known spell (SPIN694.SPL) has wrong level (0)! Should be 3...
Well, this for example is well, by the looks of it, made an innate spell from the games original mage spl file just for this creature, and not only is it that but makered as wrong type but of wrong level, which can cause it be not dispellable. Ouh, and there's a known thing that the G3 Fixpack fixes in the original game, that is the innate spells need to be level 1 spells or the game can's script them to be casted.
What the SCS could be doing is to use an original resource ... this is a probably result of a short hand approach from SCS/other dozens of mods. Nessasary ... well if you wish all the spells and their casters be equal, then yes.
DW#ABGRE.CRE error: Effect #27 (Opcode 101) matches Effect #26! Removing...
This is a resault of the creature having multiple of the same effects applied to it... I would hate that my game would grawl in the dirt cause there was 100 goblins that all wish to walk 10 paces faster, and they were given them one at a time. Also you notice that the effect amount is already in the 30's ? It's no wonder why the SCS demands resources and there's huge lag spikes cause of it...

PS, the LolFixer is a fix program, it will first report an error and then fix it during it's installing, so your game will probably be better of by it.

Edited by The Imp, 27 April 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#239 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thanks, in the end I reinstalled also component 4 with arcane spellcasting in armor, Silke is working fine, except for the charm spell that still doesn't work (charmed char doesn't do anything), but LolFixer has nothing to do with that, and I don't know what could, because the weidu changelog says only BGTTweaks modifies it, I put the backup file in override to see the difference (reloaded from an autosave before entering Beregost to be sure) and there's none, still I didn't read any bug report in SCS forum about charm spells not working.

That's the charm spell that is used in that specific minor sequencer, referenced in the script used by Silke:

Mods affecting DW#0W104.SPL:
00000: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2300 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 11 (5 Feb 12) BWP Fix
00001: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2
00002: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2

Edited by Vlar, 27 April 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#240 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

:ermm:

Sorry about the Silke armor thing - I'll think about a workaround (maybe check if the CRE has any memorized spells before giving it armor?)

You might wanna uninstall the Inventory Overhauler component to prevent this from happening with other creatures :unsure: (you can install that component again once I actually make the workaround code and attach a new TP2 here :cheers:)

About DW's stuff:

1. Wrong spell level/type things are kinda patchy - I'll look into it and comment a bit later

2. Dupe effects are just what Jarno said - resource users... wouldn't hurt to remove them (if you want 10x faster gibberlings give it a 10x speed bonus, not 10 1x speed bonuseseses :lol:)

3. SpellCastInnate() is a known crash magnet with the Big Picture mod and who knows what other mod (the code used to fix this is from BP's author himself btw :P) and the SpellCastInnateRES() provides the same functionality without the crash so you're fine :)