• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#261 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

Hi Lollorian

Welcome back,it's good to have you back :new_thumbs:

Did you take a look in my post n. 257, in this topic? what do you think!!!! Is Lolfixer the "guilt"?? or where does the guilt lie?

Thanks

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#262 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

Interesting :unsure:

I did a test install of BoM and Lolfixer on a ToBex, BG2Fixpack + BGT game and Taluntain talked to me like normal - so I'm inclined to say something else broke your pink dragon :ermm: (Probably one of BPv181's WTASIGHT stuff that micbaldur catches now and then :lol:) Might wanna do a changelog on O!TAL.CRE (and O! TALT.BCS if you're sure it's coming from that script :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#263 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

Interesting :unsure:

I did a test install of BoM and Lolfixer on a ToBex, BG2Fixpack + BGT game and Taluntain talked to me like normal - so I'm inclined to say something else broke your pink dragon :ermm: (Probably one of BPv181's WTASIGHT stuff that micbaldur catches now and then :lol:) Might wanna do a changelog on O!TAL.CRE (and O! TALT.BCS if you're sure it's coming from that script :P)

...but Taluntin has become Hostile after I installed Lolfixer...before the Lolfixer installation I gone in the area "O! TALU.ARE" and he was "friendly"... :ermm:...

Edited by ilot, 20 July 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#264 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

Do you have the full BiG World Debug.txt and/or lolfixer.DEBUG with you? If yes, could you please attach them? :) (zipped if possible :unsure:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#265 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for your time, I use "manually installation", here is the lolfixer.DEBUG and my weidu.log:

Attached Files

#266 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Ah since you have a veeeeeeeery old lolfixer (v16082013) and because you have it at the end of your WeiDU.log (which is great) can you try updating? :unsure: (download the BWPFixpack master and copy the contents of the "_lolfixer" folder into your BG2 folder and run the setup - reinstall everything :cheers:) There have been a lot of changes!

I'll try to debug meanwhile anyway :)

Btw, before you actually install the lolfixer, can you run the ONLY_DEBUG_MODE.bat supplied please? Once the black dialog box comes and goes away (it will install and uninstall every lolfixer component once) it should generate a lolfixer.log that you can attach. After that, you can do a manual install of your lolfixer :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 20 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#267 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

AH!...reinstall everything... :doh: 

But is there a Lolfixer updated or the only way is to install Lolfixer only via BWfixpack "_lolfixer" folder? I'm a little confused... :crazy:

Only for the record...the following link is the same for download BWfixpack, right? Or you  gave me the the most updated BWFixpack?

http://www.shsforums...-world-fixpack/

Thanks

#268 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

My link is the master branch from github :P (it's more recent than the current official fixpack)

You only need the _lolfixer folder contents - don't run the BiG World Fixpack.bat.

Reinstall ONLY the lolfixer, not your entire modlist - otherwise I'll be going to hell for spoiling your game :crying:

#269 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

My link is the master branch from github :P (it's more recent than the current official fixpack)

Thanks 8)

You only need the _lolfixer folder contents - don't run the BiG World Fixpack.bat.

Reinstall ONLY the lolfixer, not your entire modlist

Ok :new_thumbs: when I'll have a little free time I'll reinstall ONLY the lolfixer!!!

T H A N K S

:cheers:

otherwise I'll be going to hell for spoiling your game :crying:

:D :lol:

#270 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

Don't be afraid of reinstalling everything from the ground up. I've been at it for seven years, and have arrived at only one stable, playable multimod installation in all that time. Now, I'm closer than ever, but still not 100% there yet.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#271 -qwerty1234567-

-qwerty1234567-

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:15 AM

[./override/CENTEO.CRE] loaded, 1256 bytes

CENTEO.CRE error: Inventory Item #4 (RING23.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #24...

CENTEO.CRE error: Inventory Item #5 (RING18.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #25...

CENTEO.CRE error: Inventory Item #6 (MISC90.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #26...

CENTEO.CRE error: Inventory Item #7 (SW2H06.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #27...
override/CENTEO.CRE copied to lolfixer/backup/2/CENTEO.CRE, 1256 bytes
Copied [CENTEO.CRE] to [override/CENTEO.CRE]

And now I have 2 Spider's Banes, 2 Chelak's bodies, etc.

It might be a good idea to review "Inventory unborker". Maybe it should actually delete items instead of adding them.

#272 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

And now I have 2 Spider's Banes, 2 Chelak's bodies, etc.
It might be a good idea to review "Inventory unborker". Maybe it should actually delete items instead of adding them.
I wouldn't be so sure about this, Lollorian needs to investigate this, but you should note that the ring23.itm is the "Ring of Folly", the ring18.itm is the Fire Opal Ring, and misc90 is the Chelak's Body, while the sw2h06.itm is the "Spider Bane" indeed.
Can you provide a change-log content as a file ? Aka make a --change-log of the file and upload the folders content as a .zip file to a site that accepts them, the SHSForum should accept files, should, the last forum downage might have messed that up, and you of course need tolog in..
It's likely that the items are added via in game script, which doesn't make the Lol fixer wrong, it makes the .cre file wrong.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#273 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

I investigated and the hidden items are in the vanilla CREs :(

Like the Imp said, this is not the proper way to remove items from a creature - Centeol and any other CREs like it probably should be handled on a case to case basis rather than globally deleting the items.

#274 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

I investigated and the hidden items are in the vanilla CREs :(
Erhm, I know that you did... but there's a catch, where the Chelak's brother is involved... as he gives the quest to rescue his brother. Now if that quest is not activated ... I would remember that the Spider Bane to not be in the cave. And it partially shouln't be, because it's tied to the lost brother quest. We also know that the probable script that springs to action doesn't need the .cre -files item reference, cause it can just create the item from nowhere.
Or whatever. So I would say that the best fix would be to remove the .cre's non existing item references, like you said ... when ? I don't give a barnacles leg about when.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#275 -qwerty1234567-

-qwerty1234567-

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

Erhm, I know that you did... but there's a catch, where the Chelak's brother is involved... as he gives the quest to rescue his brother. Now if that quest is not activated ... I would remember that the Spider Bane to not be in the cave. And it partially shouln't be, because it's tied to the lost brother quest. We also know that the probable script that springs to action doesn't need the .cre -files item reference, cause it can just create the item from nowhere.
There's no script, and no catch. You remember wrong.
ILike the Imp said, this is not the proper way to remove items from a creature - Centeol and any other CREs like it probably should be handled on a case to case basis rather than globally deleting the items.
It depends. I'm just saying that you might want to review what is it doing, on an actual (supposedly "big") installation. Does it fix more issues than it creates?
Here's another example: I'm fighting Iron Throne guards. Each of them drops 3 (three) armors. Debug:
IRONGU.CRE error: Inventory Item #1 (LEAT01.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #21...
IRONGU.CRE error: Inventory Item #2 (CHAN01.ITM) is not actually in inventory! Adding to Inventory Slot #22...

#276 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:56 AM

Unless the vanilla IRONGU.CRE has those items hidden like CENTEOL, I'd rather look at the mod that's adding armors by hiding rather than replacing the old armor :P

Will have a look tonight - do report more! There's always room for improvement with code :D

PS: I'll handle vanilla hidden items on a case by case basis through the lolfixer as they are reported - already did something like this for undroppablr items or something I dunno :P

#277 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Following up - vanilla IRONGU.CRE does have LEAT01, CHAN01 and CHAN04 (of which only CHAN04 is actually in its inventory) :doh:

Can we assume that the Iron Throne is perpetrating the Iron Crisis by hoarding armors on their guards then? :crazy:

#278 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

Can we assume that the Iron Throne is perpetrating the Iron Crisis by hoarding armors on their guards then? :crazy:

No, we can assume that the other items are there for a reason, bad one at that perhaps... the one I would assume is: That perhaps the characters were supposed to be updated at some point, say like if the charname has less than 5000 XP, they would have Leather armor, then above that but less than say 15000 XP they would sport a chainmail, and then above that a splintmail. But if the script etc were not to materialized in the mod, and one the time came to be released, the release of mod had to come first and the splintmail was set to be the default option in the .cre file, without removing the non existing other items. I am talking about Northern Tales/Darkside.. of the Sword Coast, here, and the SCS that partially came from the mess. Or I could be totally off.

#279 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

You mean like a levelled list? :lol: What is this? Skyrim? :D

In retrospect, I think the IRONGU armors can stay - come on they're not worth much and you probably won't be using them at that stage of the game - but quest related stuff like CENTEOL should be handled :unsure:

#280 -qwerty1234567-

-qwerty1234567-

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:41 AM

Will have a look tonight - do report more! There's always room for improvement with code :D
Unless the vanilla IRONGU.CRE has those items hidden like CENTEOL, I'd rather look at the mod that's adding armors by hiding rather than replacing the old armor :P
That argument would be valid - if th purpose of the component wasn't precisely to fix that. But since it's a "fixer", it doesn't matter whether cres are vanilla or not.
PS: I'll handle vanilla hidden items on a case by case basis through the lolfixer as they are reported - already did something like this for undroppablr items or something I dunno :P
The thing is, I checked a dozen or so creatures, and it literally happens on every second creature affected. If you want, I can drop the whole log here, but I think that a systematic problem would be better handled in a systematic way. To be constructive,
1) the very first thing that comes to mind is to check whether the cre already has the same item. That would get rid of blatant duplicates.
2) also it could be useful to check whether the cre already has an item of the same type (at least, for armor and weapons).
3) it doesn't make sense to add undroppable items into inventory unless they are also equipped. Check grael.cre/immune1.itm, for example. (On the other hand, since they're undroppable, you could equip them into invalid slots when all valid ones are busy).

Also, unrelated to the above, but
4) I think "equipping" component doesn't always work. For instance, alanbl.cre/bow05.itm.
5) You should be more careful moving around items. Sometimes they are in invalid slots for a reason. Take Kangax. You move his ring to either a ring slot or inventory - poof, it's pickpocketable!

No, we can assume that the other items are there for a reason, bad one at that perhaps... the one I would assume is: That perhaps the characters were supposed to be updated at some point, say like if the charname has less than 5000 XP, they would have Leather armor, then above that but less than say 15000 XP they would sport a chainmail, and then above that a splintmail. But if the script etc were not to materialized in the mod, and one the time came to be released, the release of mod had to come first and the splintmail was set to be the default option in the .cre file, without removing the non existing other items. I am talking about Northern Tales/Darkside.. of the Sword Coast, here, and the SCS that partially came from the mess. Or I could be totally off.
Yes, you are totally off.