• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#141 -Jonathan-

-Jonathan-

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ive just followed this install step for step, and the installer is saying:

T O B - C H E C K
═════════════════

The file 25Movies.bif is missing in your BGII - SoA\CD5\movies directory.
This one is however absolutely necessary.

Please make sure that you have installed the extension ToB. If so,
copy this file from your DVD into the folder BGII - SoA\CD5\movies.

The BioWare Patch 26498 is not yet installed. Please install
this patch into your "BGII - SoA" folder.

Press any key to continue . . .

The 25movies.bif is present, and in the correct directory, and the patch is installed. Any ideas??

I'm having the same problem, unfortunately. I've tried the fixes suggested to him, but no such luck. It seems as if the installer is not looking in the correct place for my BGII - SoA install, as all of the requested files are in the directory. Can you give me a hint as to where to look to change the place the installer is looking to my directory?

Thanks!

#142 -Jonathan-

-Jonathan-

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

I solved it. Sorry, I hadn't put the installer in my BGII - SoA directory. That solved the problem.

#143 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

edit: deleted - issue arleady fixed

Edited by William Imm, 10 February 2012 - 05:47 PM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#144 -shadow-

-shadow-

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

bwp install fails

it get to the BGT install. It asks for a confirmation of the path. it shows the correct path, but i am not allowed to respond with a "y", so it asks again, and doesnt wait for an answer again. then it asks me for an alternate path, but doesnt wait for an answer. At NO time can i interupt this process. Without any responses, BGT install fails and it rolls back. I have tried the install bat for both GOG and the regular (11.7) version. arrrrg. what is the solution. anyone?

#145 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Shadow,

Please review this post for a possible solution.

Thanks to ShadowTek and William Imm for this guide - I would suggest a couple of extra steps for new users however.

After installing BG1/BG2 and taking a full BG2 backup, install the Widescreen mod (only) and experiment with its settings to determine the best resolution for play. In my case, a 1360x850 setup seemed best on a 30" monitor (2560x1600 resolution) - higher resolutions than this made text awkward to read. Once an ideal setting has been found, note it down and restore the BG2 backup. You can modify Widescreen settings after a megamod install, but it does seem better to get them right in the first place to avoid repeated uninstall/reinstall of other mods.

When backing up BG2, I would suggest making a compressed backup (with 7-Zip, WinRAR or a similar tool) rather than just copying the folder in order to save space (on default settings, a RAR BG2 backup takes about 2.8GB). I would then suggest a second backup once you have extracted all your mods to the BG2 folder - if anything goes wrong during install (quite likely, for first-timers), you can then go back to this without having to repeat the extraction process. This second backup will be larger (5GB+) but can, like the first, be put on another disk (or an external disk) if space is short.

Mods - CTB needs extra attention since it is buried 2 folders down in its archive - the CtB and CtB_FF folders will need to be moved into your BG2 folder for it to install successfully.

Tortured Souls (7.04) requires Baldurdash (BD-WeiDU) 1.6.8 to be present but not installed.

#146 -Sir Vykel Kanser-

-Sir Vykel Kanser-

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Shadow,

Please review this post for a possible solution.

Just quickly point out that I made the above post but forgot to stick my name on. Apologies.

#147 -shadow-

-shadow-

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

that post was insightful, but the link, when one goes to it, does not work. At least, not on my browser. However, i altered the bat file and added a "pause" before bgt installation and removed the bgt install command and installed it manually at the pause. this has seemed to work so far. if not, ill adjust my file the way your cited post indicates. thanks for the help!!

#148 -Sir Vykel Kanser-

-Sir Vykel Kanser-

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

<p>

that post was insightful, but the link, when one goes to it, does not work.  At least, not on my browser...

Do you mean you encountered problems with this Filesandwich link? I've just rechecked it and it appears OK in Opera (even with cookies and javascript blocked, which is why I used that site). You do need to wait for 40 seconds before hitting the download button, but that seems to be an unavoidable "feature" of free file storage sites.
If you still encounter problems, do feel free to suggest an alternative site (that requires no registration or payment) and I'll upload a copy to that.

#149 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

<p>

that post was insightful, but the link, when one goes to it, does not work. At least, not on my browser...

Do you mean you encountered problems with this Filesandwich link? I've just rechecked it and it appears OK in Opera (even with cookies and javascript blocked, which is why I used that site). You do need to wait for 40 seconds before hitting the download button, but that seems to be an unavoidable "feature" of free file storage sites.
If you still encounter problems, do feel free to suggest an alternative site (that requires no registration or payment) and I'll upload a copy to that.

Just use Mediafire - WFM, don't have to wait. (http://www.mediafire.com/)
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#150 -Sir Vykel Kanser-

-Sir Vykel Kanser-

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Just use Mediafire - WFM, don't have to wait. (http://www.mediafire.com/)

Ugh, I was rather dreading someone mentioning them - they require an account (and hence cookies and by the look of it javascript also) to upload. I've also had real problems in the past trying to download others' files from them, while FileSandwich has worked without any of that (which probably means its due for a redesign to bork it any day now...).If Shadow confirms continued issues, then I'll give it a shot - but I've checked it twice (including a test extract) and the page is reporting 18 downloads so it must be working for someone!

#151 -Fecalslash-

-Fecalslash-

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

This is the error i am getting.

Please not that i am not attempting to install BGT, or Baldurs Gate Trilogy, just use this method to install multiple expansive mods into BG2 ToB.

I run the Install.bat, I am prompted for langauge and i go E, and it copys a bunch of files
".\Big World Installpack\English@XXX"

and then
".\Big World Installpack\English@TRA.TXT"
AND THEN

The directory name is invallid

Press any key to continue.

<B>GT - BG2 <O>nly

upon going O>Enter

It seems some mods were recognized, some were not, a few things were coppied but almost everything seemed to be "skipped"

The directory name is invallid showing up more times then i could count in a day.

The main mods i was attempting to install were TDD, SoS, and Ctb.

#152 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to the author of this topic. I knew nothing of modding and would never have managed to get this thing running without this step-by-step guide. I really can't thank you enough!

#153 Wrain

Wrain
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello! Thx for the great guide it's really helping me sorting out what to do with so many mods :D I have a problem tho...

Right after the version selection the script give me the following error: ''The system cannot find the file specified''.
I followed all the steps correcly so i don't know where the problem can be. The error does not specify which file is missing so i'm a little confuse. I have the feeling tho that is a Windows related problem, i tryed to look into the BWP installer but i don't see any file check after the version selection.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit (fresh installation) and the problem persist in both normal and gog version (in this case i use the gog BWP installer) of the game.
Tomorrow i'll try on windows xp if i have the time.

EDIT: even with the error the installation carry on and the script ''successfully'' install the selected mod. Just a couple for the moment since i was trying to get bgt working.
I still fear that the error will cause some crash or problem later on in the game.

Edited by Wrain, 05 March 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#154 -shadow-

-shadow-

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

I've encountered problems with BGT not installing as well and have produced another modified BiG_World_Install.bat file - this is based on Leomar's 11.0 version (so includes support for the most recent mods like The White Queen) while using William Imm's BG1 check to avoid looping for GOG users. Since I can't upload files here (awaiting registration), I've put a copy up at Filesandwich (BiG_World_Install.rar) - it's RAR compressed so a copy of WinRAR, IZArc, TUGZip or 7-Zip will be needed to extract it.

The BGT issue is fixed by simply appending Y and N to the BWP_BGT_input.txt file.

===================
okay, so regarding the above, how does one append the bwp bgt input.txt file and where should the Y and N be placed. THe link to your install file doesnt work for some reason. I became a member and logged in and waited the 35 seconds but no download fuction happens anywhere.

#155 -Patrick-

-Patrick-

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

The link to WeiDu tool, which you say is mandatory, leads to the weidu.org page, but the link for downloading it WeiDU 229 (2430K) . Download the "Weimer" Dialogue Utilities (updated by Valerio Bigiani.) doesn't work. Is there another place to require the WeiDu tool from?

#156 -Patrick-

-Patrick-

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Okay, so I got the WeiDu from the list of mods compatible with BWP that you gave in the instruction. It's v23102 and while installing the Big World, it keeps reminding that this WeiDu is an unstable version. Does the trick however.

Basically I've been skipping school, sleep and friends to get this working ever since I found out about this kind of Baldur's Gate experience two days ago. I had to reinstall and start from zero what seemed like a million times. The Big World Install.bat had numerous errors at first - after fixing the BG1 patch loop it didn't seem to recognize Throne of Bhaal installment, kept skipping files and in the end gave me the "an assertion failed in chdimm.cpp" error so I couldn't even start the game.

In the end it was that link from Shadow (just before my previous post) that made it work.

Thank you!

#157 -Sir Vykel Kanser-

-Sir Vykel Kanser-

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

okay, so regarding the above, how does one append the bwp bgt input.txt file and where should the Y and N be placed.   THe link to your install file doesnt work for some reason. I became a member and logged in and waited the 35 seconds but no download fuction happens anywhere.

You don't need to login to FileSandwich or even allow cookies - with me, I just load the page, do something else for a while then go back and click the download link (the "Download File" button present just under the "Ads opening in new window" message - if you're not seeing that then check your web filtering). I then get prompted to save the file.

The change I made was as follows - find the line:

ECHO N>> BWP_BGT_input.txt

and change it to:

ECHO Y>> BWP_BGT_input.txt
ECHO N>> BWP_BGT_input.txt

The next line in the batch file (it doesn't need changing, but mentioned just to verify you're at the right spot) should be:

Call %INST% BGT "0" "TYPE BWP_BGT_input.txt"

Hope that sorts matters out for you.

#158 Hugstari

Hugstari
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

BiG World Textpack

This link in the first post links to the German textpack, does that mean i should be using this? I want to play and English only game, preferably with no German speaking as well.

Also;
It isn't really clear in the first post if BG1MissingFiles_ENG should be extracted to the override folder of BG1 or BG2. According it the first post it seems like it should be extracted to the BG2 dir. However the readme file that comes along with it seems to indicate that it should be extracted to the BG1 dir.

The files mentioned in step 5b are exactly the same files as the BG1MissingFiles_ENG contains. Or at least it seems so at a quick glance.

Edited by Hugstari, 09 March 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#159 -David-

-David-

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thank you very much Shadowtek,
your guide is the only guide I found with which I was able to begin the install.

But some troubles stay :

First problem : as mentionned on a post above I get this error :
The directory name is invallid
Press any key to continue.
<B>GT - BG2 <O>nly

I can type B (for Bgt) and go on but I do not see the following questions.

First Solution : in the Big World Installpack.bat I changed the line
SET TXT=type "%CD%\%BWIP%\temp\"
into
SET TXT=type "%BWIP%\English\"
and the questions appear

Second unsolved problem :
for every mod, I get this or something similar
FINDSTR : Impossible d'ouvrir Big world InstallPack\temp\TRA.txt
Warning : the translation is not defined for this mod. Assuming it's 0.
Warning : Language not defined. assuming it's English.
Foreign Language : English
Skipping 1pp, component[s] 0 2 7 8 9: does not fit language selection

At the end no mod has been installed.
I want to install them in French if possible, in english if not.

Can anyone help me ?
Thank you very much.

#160 front2back

front2back
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I've encountered problems with BGT not installing as well and have produced another modified BiG_World_Install.bat file - this is based on Leomar's 11.0 version (so includes support for the most recent mods like The White Queen) while using William Imm's BG1 check to avoid looping for GOG users. Since I can't upload files here (awaiting registration), I've put a copy up at Filesandwich (BiG_World_Install.rar) - it's RAR compressed so a copy of WinRAR, IZArc, TUGZip or 7-Zip will be needed to extract it.

The BGT issue is fixed by simply appending Y and N to the BWP_BGT_input.txt file.

===================
okay, so regarding the above, how does one append the bwp bgt input.txt file and where should the Y and N be placed. THe link to your install file doesnt work for some reason. I became a member and logged in and waited the 35 seconds but no download fuction happens anywhere.

Bgt is not installing for me either, its not recognizing throne of baal. Could you please provide me a new link to that download cause that one is broken

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big world project, guide, manual installation, noob, newb